It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get arrested for hunting UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Heya, just wanted to bring to attention a little article about the dangers of being irresponsible while seeking out that elusive first contact.

SOURCE

NJ man arrested for shining laser at helicopter

Nelson Villalobos Jr., 32, was charged with interference with transportation, a Camden police spokeswoman said. He was released with a summons.

Villalobos allegedly pointed a green laser at the helicopter on Thursday, temporarily blinding the pilot. Police on the ground located Villalobos at Alabama and Congress Roads, sitting inside a red Dodge minivan.

Villalobos, of Independence Road in Camden, allegedly told police he thought he was pointing the laser at a news helicopter. The pointer was found in the minivan's glove compartment.

Typically, a Jet Ranger helicopter equipped with infrared capabilities, flown by an unarmed guardsman, hovers about 900 to 1,100 feet above Camden, providing aerial surveillance, Thomson said. Members of the department's tactical-force unit fly in the helicopter, Thomson said.

Not sure why the guy flashed the craft beyond wanting to be annoying to what he thought was a news helicopter, but it made me consider how often we see people on videos flashing lazers at potential airplanes and other things in the sky, thinking they are UFOs.

It is a crime...so do be careful (use a standard flashlight if you feel the need to flash objects in the sky.)

Also, feel free to comment on other really dumb things some UFO people do that you can get in trouble for...not sure there are many.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If the police helicopter routinely flies over at 1000 feet or so there's a possibility this guy was obstructing justice. He blinded the helicopter momentarily (say while Jack Bauer ran from the apartment to the car, u know
)

Loved your title by the way. My first thought had to do with sitting on a roof with a video camera haha

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
if he thought it was a u.f.o. then i could understand the laser pointing
but he thought it was a news helicopter? why would you shine a lazer on what you think isnt a ufo?

interesting read though S&F

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hell, the mods here at ATS have videos of them shining lasers at objects in the sky...(they do also say to be careful not to shine a airplane as thats a nono)...

Bad!

Go to your room!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
if he thought it was a u.f.o. then i could understand the laser pointing
but he thought it was a news helicopter? why would you shine a lazer on what you think isnt a ufo?

interesting read though S&F

Well, if a person can't identify the craft (thus making it an unidentified flying object), then there is still the possibility it is a plane or helicopter...so why point a laser at something that could be a plane or helicopter?

Just because a person can't identify a particular craft does NOT mean it isn't a plane or helicopter...

For instance, Alison Kruse (seeingUFOsPA) is a good example of someone who obviously does not understand what a plane looks like with its bright landing lights on, and consequently ends up dangerously pointing lasers at jet airliners.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Not sure why the guy flashed the craft

Oh dont you know? He was trying to make a seeingUFOsNJ morphing helicopter orb ufo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Springer says in that thread he will no longer support seeingufospa and would move all of those kinds of threads. But im not sure who is more dumb, people pointing the lasers at planes or the people who think those plane vids are ufos

big no no

[edit on 16-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

How powerful and large was that laser?!?

I dont think a standard laser pointer would be able to "blind" someone who is flying up in a helicopter! Maybe it was just a lucky shot? I mean how random is it that he shined the laser and it happened to hit the guy right in the eyes? Wouldnt a chopper pilot be looking straight out in front of him? You'd think the chances of blinding a pilot, and potentially bringing down an aircraft are so slim to none... Has it ever happened? Wouldnt it be far more dangerous and likely to hit an airplane or chopper while shooting guns up in the air?

I have a green Viridian laser for my Glock. Its a VERY powerful laser, far better than the standard $30 pointer. And its only good for about 500 ft max.

I dont know if I buy this story. Maybe the guy was just an idiot, and they saw him from the helicopter and decided to report him, seeing as people freak out when they see someone pointing a laser at them. (most people think its a gun!) Maybe they decided to make an example?

What is the point of shining a laser anyways? I would think a 20,000,000 candle power spot light would be better...but I guess thats just me

[edit on 16-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by Saturn FX

How powerful and large was that laser?!?

What is the point of shining a laser anyways? I would think a 20,000,000 candle power spot light would be better...but I guess that's just me

[edit on 16-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

They get rather jumpy now that people use lasers as an aiming device on high power rifles...
Back in 2005 we had a guy who Shot down Police Helicopter

This guy was eventually caught... cost the city a few million bucks to replace both air craft and the pilot who quit because of it...

No pilots have good reason to fear being spotted with a laser

[edit on 16-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Wow!

After watching that video, I stand corrected. It looks like it doesnt "blind" the pilot per se, so much as it shows up bright on their camera.

Its crazy how fast they're able to zoom in and go to night vision.

Its becoming near impossible to hide from a chopper these days eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Not hard to hide from a helicopter, but shinning a laser on it is probably the worst hiding tactic possible.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There seems to be an aggressive disinformation campaign against Alison. Personally her UFOs are the most convincing I have ever seen in many months of research. Please take time to consider her videos carefully.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

If Allison believes her videos are anything other than airplanes and helicopters she is is kook. UFOs disguising themselves as airplanes. What an idiotic claim.

If Allison knows her videos are airplanes and helicopters she is a hoaxster.

In either case, Allison is an idiot for directing lasers at objects in the sky.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

Care to tell us why these UFOs morph into planes only when they approach Ms. Allison? Perhaps you can defend her sightings, demonstrate their validity without resorting to non-sequitur accusations of conspiracies.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Huh . I thought the one video she had taken with the laser coming from it to the ground was impressive , but haven't really followed her stuff since I saw the video of her shining the laser upwards. This is her newest one. Please watch this video from the 7 minute mark to the end. I really don't think this is a plane .

hmmm.... try www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-5-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Or just go trespassing at Area 51 or AUTEC or some other military base =P

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Who caught him the FBI, or the city of Albuquerque if you remember?

Glad to see you back. Hope the move for you and the family went smoothly.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I firmly believe in E.T.'s visiting us. But things like this are stupid for two reasons.

1. Lasers can cause alot of problems regarding who it is being shined at. Places in my town, it could mean that you are about to become a statistic for inner city crime.

2. We have no idea why ET's are here. I have heard enough stories of them experimenting the abductees. Unless you are just really stupid, you would be wise to watch from afar.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hey look it's a UFO!! Oh, wait.. it's just an airplane. This can only mean one thing... that the UFO has just morphed into an airplane to conceal that it is indeed a UFO.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
There seems to be an aggressive disinformation campaign against Alison. Personally her UFOs are the most convincing I have ever seen in many months of research. Please take time to consider her videos carefully.

Sandwiches.....

This is the 4th time you have posted this video during the past 24 hours..

What is your relationship with that appalling hoaxing woman?

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
I have a green Viridian laser for my Glock. Its a VERY powerful laser, far better than the standard $30 pointer. And its only good for about 500 ft max.

Just because you can only see it on the sending end reflecting from a max distance of 500 feet, doesn't mean that 500 ft is the max distance it can cause problems on the receiving end. Lasers diverge very little and can be just as bright 1000 feet away as at the source. It only looks dim to you at the sending end, it's not dim at the receiving end.

I thought this thread was going to be about shooting bullets at objects in the sky, when the title said "hunting" LOL. A guy in an airplane got shot through the leg I think when a bullet ripped through the plane. I thought they'd never catch the guy who shot the plane, but surprisingly, they did.

Hopefully this story will give some awareness to people to NOT shine lasers at things in the sky, although seeingUFOsPA may be beyond help, they may actually have to arrest her like they did this guy to get her to stop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join