It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh the Humidity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Is anyone else experiencing unbearable humidity in their area? In my 30 years I've never seen anything like it. I woke up from a sound sleep in the middle of the night last night, sat up straight in bed, and told my husband I couldn't breathe. The air is so thick with humidity.

The sugar in the dispenser for our morning coffee is clumped due to the moisture in the air. If you swipe your fingers down the wall or on the furniture, you'll have moist fingers. It's sticking to the walls like it would after someone took a hot steaming shower.

When I get a sheet of paper so my son can color, instead of it being nice and crisp, it's pliable and damp. My skin is really dewy and pulling fresh clothes out of the closet feels like clothing that didn't complete its cycle in the dryer.

It's horrible. I don't remember it ever being this bad. South Texas is often humid but this feels like we're in a steam sauna. It's impossible to sleep at night with damp sheets and breathing the air feels like your up in the mountains. Or maybe deep into a swamp.

Not sure but it's miserable in a way I've never experienced before. Was just wondering if it was like that for anyone else.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For me where I am thats a typical summer.
I have to change like 3 times a day because everything gets wet from the humidity.
I have always been told that when you go to Mexico or Florida and places more south it is a very dry heat compared to what we get here.
Thats kinda weird...I thought we only got that here.

Edit to add...Don't let yourself sweat so much you get dehydration.
Drink lots of fluids.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oddly enough it's not hot. I think that is what is making it so horrible. If it was hot, it would at least be evaporating some of the moisture. It's neither hot nor cold. No breeze whatsoever either so no circulation.

It was a little tolerable this afternoon but now it's unbearable again. I took out a lot of clothes to rewash them due to the moisture and it is so damp our electronics are going on the fritz including my cell phone and e-cig charger which both stopped working.

I thought maybe some strange weather phenomenon was causing it or something.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

seems alright here in El paso right now. I have lived in El paso for almost 5 years in between deployments here and there and I think it really gets humid around summertime.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a typical dog day of summer for around here. Yes, it does get that humid around West Virginia during the summertime. Plus, it does get really hot here too usually around the end of July and early August.

Anyway........

You are gonna hate me for the weather here Ashley.

It is sunny and clear as a bell right now with not a cloud in the sky.
Temperature wise, it is about 70 degrees with very little humidity to speak of.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
if its the south your probably close to the Gulf maybe pre oil slick related..things that make you go hmmmmm? really glad for the site and people like you nice to find a place where a mod is talking about Psalms messy hair and all-haha

He loads the clouds with moisture; he scatters his lightning through them.-Job37.11

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh the humidity!

Well,honestly I can't feel your pain.

Where I live it is ALWAYS the same about 70,clear blue skies,almost no humidity and usually a slight breeze.

That is year round too.

I am in Calif. but I won't disclose where exactly.

But having lived on the Gulf coast, I do know what you are talking about.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
when I was living in New Orleans, we'd suffer through those days all the time. We always figured the weather folks would have been better off reporting the heat and humidity in a manner that made more sense. Something like "today's going to be hotter than hell, a four shirt day"

the four shirts representing the number of times you'll have to change your shirt due to sweating.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I know the feeling. The Texas weather is why I live in New Mexico.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Florida here...so we know ALL about it....

top topics

join