It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

I have seen the pics of the moon and wonder why the southern side of it has more impact marks on it than the rest of the surface. This evidence correlates with the idea that this " object" comes from the southern side of the system on it's orbit also pulling smaller objects (asteroids and meteors) in tow. In knowing this as a possibility, I hardly find this planet to be harmless.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nibiru probably won't be anything at all what we think it will be If it does come.

It will happen in a way that we wouldn't have thought, with effects we can't even comprehend.....could be good...could be bad....could not happen at all..

But I think it won't happen like the Masses think it will...and i use the term masses loosely.

Isn't that how all things unfold....hence why we are always usually wrong about predicting things.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My biggest problem with the OP is that you complain that amateur astronomers haven't been able to find this mystery object.

However, have you taken a look yourself if you claim to know where to find it? Telescopes used for amateur astronomy are pretty cheap, and it would prove your claim.

Without a picture, all the math theories in the world won't convince me. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
First off if the stories of another planet are true, and this is just assuming they are, most writers and believers in this theory surmise the planet travels between Mars at the closest to us .

So if you are trying to calculate an incoming object then halfway somewhere outside of Mars would be the right place to start measuring out towards space.

Now of course if we have some object which comes NEAR our solar system but does not enter that would still be visible as well and probably cause havoc, sling things our way.

If you remove the planet or brown dwarf from the theory though you still have evidence on earth of quite large scale catastrophy on a regular basis. Something like and 11,000 to 11,500 year cycle with smaller cataclysms between.

Ever wonder why they say civilization just "sprang up" in areas, but then have ruins undersea in places like Japan with no known record of them. Plato talks of Atlantis but there is no such place visible to us, Antarctica had vegetation and was land and on ancient maps, Mammoths died EATING food and froze.

No matter if you believe the planet theory or the theory that the sun and perhaps the Galactic center has something to do with cataclysm, the fossil record and Ice Core sample records SHOW cataclysm on earth

I suggest you read many sources. From the Bible but taken as an "idiots guide" pointing to something that has happened ie Noahs flood and something coming ie Revelation but see if from an ancients eyes to make sense of it.

Read the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Study the Antarctic area ie ice in some places 4000 years old only.

Google Noahs Ark. Someone had some fore knowledge it seems and prepared for years ahead of time.

Most notably google Dr. Kaku and his research on Solar Maximum and also

Dr. Paul LaViolette

Remember in the past those scientist on the cutting edge have always been discounted but the evidence is humans have been on earth for a LONG time, but the written record of it is missing, the artifacts exist in shambles and buried. Tunnels in Peru comes to mind also. Also google Ancient artifacts.

Then remember this, civilizations have seemed to rise and fall at times with no explanation, but our written history does not go back very far.

The signs of cataclysm are all over the earth. It is not a matter of being distracted by if its a planet of if its Solar Maximum having some effect on the earth or its core or If the Galactic center sends out a superwave that in turn affects changes on earth and the sun that cause destruction and rebirth.

The fact is our earth revives itself from the weight of too many humans, the pollution of those who dont live and respect nature and it is evident to scientists in ice cores, in unexplained mass extinctions on a regular timeline pretty much.

They were master astronomers for their times. The Egyptians, the Maya, The Dogon tribe even and yet since they came before us we think we are invincible. That the earth cannot have such might power. The universe cant have such mighty power. The universe cant have such might power. WOW!

The earth is alive, I ask you to look at one thing today. As world events speed up see how the earth is also speeding up. One is the same as the other. Something to think about. More quakes and volcanoes, flooding and tragedy while man argues and fights and threatens and boasts one side is better than the other. America is better, Russia is bad, Russia is better, America is bad. No matter the names its a never ending story. Life death, rebirth.

I say to you people worldwide are the same. Culturally different but the same. A disaster is coming, if man beats nature to it or both react at the same time is irrelevant. Has this life cycle, this world cycle about to be reborn learned ANYTHING? Or are we doomed AGAIN to repeat it, as survivors rise from the remains of the old into the new VERY SOON, VERY SOON my friends.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One word of advice. Dont let the "sides" distract you. Let me remind you world leaders sat together and laughed before great wars and after. Friends no matter how the average man suffered and died. See through it. If you cant at first see that, we are all in trouble.

The Nazi with the American leader, The Papal with the General, The Royal with the Communist. You can find photos of them laughing and having tea, coffee, dinner all together. While the masses argue and hate each other.

War breaks out and who again sits together after the spoils are split and new orders put in place... Can you not see it people?

My father the officer for allies sitting with his men and having lunch with Nazi's, all getting along. Why... No GPS back then, No General nearby. Man looking at man and thinking he is a lot like me. WE dont need to be playing this game. Joking the leaders should get in a ring and fight each other, till it was time to part ways and shoot at each other again.

Foolish games for unseen victors. Wake up PEOPLE. I have sat with Americans, I have sat with English , I have sat with Russians. ALL THE SAME. Different but the same. WAKE UP

Natural cataclysm is coming, NIBIRU OR NOT, IT is coming, but if man cannot understand man, why would he understand the wisdom of the past, the never ending story of our planet, and the darkness and horror of change that will bring new birth and a future.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
My biggest problem with the OP is that you complain that amateur astronomers haven't been able to find this mystery object.

However, have you taken a look yourself if you claim to know where to find it? Telescopes used for amateur astronomy are pretty cheap, and it would prove your claim.

Without a picture, all the math theories in the world won't convince me. Sorry.

What if a picture can only be had in a different color/ viewing spectrum.....what if this planet/sun/thing has different properties not found in the rest of our solar system...

It could act differently....and since nobody in our life time or any of our recent ancestors lifetimes have seen this, then we have nothing to base anything off of in terms of predicting " what it would do" ....

It still remains an interesting topic though

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well if it would make any of you feel better, I got a telescope, and a camera.I dont have IR on it, but If anyone would kindly post a link of how I can make it pick up IR, Id be more then happy to look around in the sky with the telescope and camera around orion which basically sits in my backyard ( front row seats for me when the dark rift occurs
) and see if i see anything unusual.

I tried looking around google for some IR experiments, found 1, but the final product doesnt come out that good.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wordtothewise
One word of advice. Dont let the "sides" distract you. Let me remind you world leaders sat together and laughed before great wars and after. Friends no matter how the average man suffered and died. See through it. If you cant at first see that, we are all in trouble.

The Nazi with the American leader, The Papal with the General, The Royal with the Communist. You can find photos of them laughing and having tea, coffee, dinner all together. While the masses argue and hate each other.

War breaks out and who again sits together after the spoils are split and new orders put in place... Can you not see it people?

My father the officer for allies sitting with his men and having lunch with Nazi's, all getting along. Why... No GPS back then, No General nearby. Man looking at man and thinking he is a lot like me. WE dont need to be playing this game. Joking the leaders should get in a ring and fight each other, till it was time to part ways and shoot at each other again.

Foolish games for unseen victors. Wake up PEOPLE. I have sat with Americans, I have sat with English , I have sat with Russians. ALL THE SAME. Different but the same. WAKE UP

Natural cataclysm is coming, NIBIRU OR NOT, IT is coming, but if man cannot understand man, why would he understand the wisdom of the past, the never ending story of our planet, and the darkness and horror of change that will bring new birth and a future.
Baseball is not baseball without the ball and bat.
a twinkie is yellow with a cream center of course making it very yummy
I am awake when I am not sleeping.
Planet X might be real
Humanity is blind.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

Hi Chadwickus,

A nudge from the Benevolents and "NO" not necessarily, there are more Channels/Stations/Dimensions (Call them what you will) than meets the 3D-Zone eye!

If you would like to further research more evidence supporting some of what I'm suggesting you can read all about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Best Wishes!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by GoldenFleece

There are actualy brown dwarf stars closer to Earth then the nearest star is.
Check out this video with info from the infrared WISE telescope.
A New Closest Star? - Getting WISE to Brown Dwarfs

This video says that WISE will be looking for closer brown dwarfs not that it has found any.
The nearest known star of any kind to the sun is Proxima Centauri at 4 light years.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Insomniac]

Wow! sorry about that.

I've checked it just now and it took me a couple of times but he indeed says " that may come up with a pleasant surprise" Around 1:48.

I didn't notice it before .

Thank you I really thought the brown dwarfs were already identyfied in between the star and the Sun.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think that the brown dwarf in question might already be by the sun and on its way.

SOHO Theater

Start time: 2010-01-01

End time: 2010-03-01

The bright object, I think is your Nibiru, traveling from right to left.

If it is, then that would explain the strange weather here in Texas. A few weeks back we had a day in the 70s and the next day we had snow. Earthquakes are on the rise, the moon is not showing it's face the way it should, and the sun is out of position on occasion. I mean, all this strange stuff can't be coincidence. The explanations that TPTB give us for these changes don't make sense, and the only thing that really does is a 3rd magnet in the solar system causing havoc with our ecosystem (I know that some of our problems are caused by the humans, but "climate change", I doubt it).

Time to step back and look at everything together, not just one piece to the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

"Any astronomer would love to discover that the sun is part of a binary system or discover more large mass planets, but that hasn't happened yet. For people to make asumptions about Nibiru closing in for an encounter in 2012 is a huge leap of faith as there is no scientific evidence to support it."

-------------------------------------------------

Kind of like assigning arbitrary masses and velocities on a supposed object that the OP doesn't even believe exists??

I'm not a Nibiru believer but there is so many things wrong with this thread that I'm surprised that the Author has such a good rep around here.
------------------------------------

"A post in another recent thread about a nearby (10 light years) BROWN DWARF star prompted me to have a think about an approximate location of Nibiru, it's only 989 days away till the infamous date of December 21st 2012." - CWickus

- According to Wikipedia a brown dwarf star falls in the range of 15 - 60 Jupiter masses with the same radius. So if you're implying that Nibiru is the "Brown Dwarf" and not part of a planetary system orbiting said dwarf then your estimate of 4 Earth's/1 Neptune (which you fail to specify if that is radius or mass) is way way way off.

"Neptune travels at about 5.43kms per second, which calculates to 19,548kms per hour or 469,152kms per day.

Now we have two figures." - CWickus

- Yah, two figures that are about as relevant as me saying "I weigh 275 lbs therefore plugging in the speed of any other 275 lb man will determine how long it takes me to get to my corner store". Outright BS

Insomniac is right that astronomers would love to find we live in a binary system but in order to redefine our current solar paradigm (or box) we need to have adventurous individuals prepared to be mocked by the mainstream. So I thank chadwickus and people of his ilk, through their vigorous defense of the box they provide the stability needed for brave curious people to step outside and define a new box for them to soon defend.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rogi22

Not quite correct.

For instance, Teide 1, the first verified brown dwarf, is in the Pleiades system, 440 light years out.

While a very small and old brown dwarf is a very dim object visually, they are still "bright" in the infra red.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"So, amateur astronomers can spot Neptune, but can't spot a similarly sized object that is closer?

hmmm... "
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 telescopes, both a refractor (only good for moon and jupiter/saturn) and a reflector (3 inch). My reflector is the better of the 2 with a max usable power of 175X in really clear conditions. I have multiple eyepieces and 2 modified webcams on a 12.5mm and 4mm lens.

I would consider myself an amateur and I can assure you that with my equipment and know how Neptune would barely distinguish itself from a star (if I could even find it).. Its actually in a field of stars, so separating it from them is very hard.. First you have to have a low power with a barlow (wide field) then you have to find it out of the rest of the stars, change lenses without moving your scope and hopefully resolve the point of light into a faint blue blob..

You clearly are talking out of your ass, because it is not as easy as you think..

Just my 2 cents

[edit on 16-4-2010 by SednaShmedna]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Brown Dwarfs give off radio waves. Maybe our eyes are incapable of picking up radio waves, but our telescopes sure aren't!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SednaShmedna

Also it is suspected that this planet is coming from the southern side of the system. so unless your on the south pole with the scope,.. ya won't see it.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

That should be no problem for the boy from "OZ".. I don't even believe in Nibiru but this thread was created solely for ego-boosting through a blatant straw man..

Arbitrary numbers assigned to unknown objects with unspecified masses and radii all the while forgetting the fact that if "Nibiru" has an eccentric orbit that it would be constantly accelerating as it sling-shotted into our system.

Just garbage..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SednaShmedna
Just garbage..

As is Nibiru

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No need to be bashing this guy for forgetting a couple of specific rules he didn't add in here and there into the equation. The main thing here is that if Planet X/Nibiru was real, with the event being 900 whatever said days, someone is tossing lots of dough to keep lots of people shush bout it. I just really hope that Nibiru really does come, and an Alien Race comes down and saves us by killing all the evil people, or taking the good people to a new planet. ( who said God couldnt actually be some alien race?? )

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SednaShmedna

In the world of religion. Each holder of that faith, believes with every cell in their body that theirs is the right one. And the true believer of that faith will hold onto that till death.
Some people simply have different beliefs and until the day comes that proves otherwise,.. it is fact in the eyes of the beholder.
This Nibiru thing,.. regardless of how much some will say is bunk. is possible.
Just like predicted events of 2012 2013.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join