It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Nibiru exists, it should be inside our solar system by now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Neverless

I believe I used it in a Thread. about it.

enjoy

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well... if Nibiru is real, it's always part of our solarsystem. Is it not ?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
S&F for the thread.
Im very interested in the topic but are we all talking facts here because everytime i start getting into it the whole topic surrounding planet x/ niburu is classed as BS?
Am i right in believing that it exists?
Hard Info please, thanks.

Also reply to the 989 days till impact, what date does 666 days land on?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I notice you fail to mention anywhere that all of the worlds amateur astronomers are lying...... or the possibility that Nibiru ran out of Petrol and had to take a detour to the nearest Shell station!!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
A post in another recent thread about a nearby (10 light years) brown dwarf star prompted me to have a think about an approximate location of Nibiru, it's only 989 days away till the infamous date of December 21st 2012.

So doing some calculations based on what I've found out about Nibiru and other local planets of similar size I have come up with some interesting figures.

First up I needed to find the size of Nibiru, my search brought many results but the most accepted seems to be four times the size of earth, which is the size of Neptune.

I decided to base my calculations of Nibiru on Neptune, due to the similar size:

Neptune travels at about 5.43kms per second, which calculates to 19,548kms per hour or 469,152kms per day.

Now we have two figures.

989 days till impact and a speed of 469,152km per day.

So with these two figures we should be able to calculate the distance from earth by simply multiplying the two numbers.

That figure is 463,991,328kms from Earth.

That places Nibiru inside of Jupiter's orbit.

Very close!

Now, all this is based on the speed the planet is moving and I have picked the speed of a similarly sized planet. If we were to use the speed of the fastest planet in our solar system, Mercury, the figure would be 4,090,472,352kms from earth.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Chadwickus]

Your calculations are worthless. I'm not a Nibiru supporter, but saying two things have the same mass, so they must travel the same speed, is absurd. That's like assuming just because two cars are the same make and model, one can't possibly be traveling at a different speed from the other.

Neptune is driven by the gravitational sling of our sun. Nibiru 'supposedly' circles it's own sun, which is in a long slingshot of its own around our sun... at least from what I read. So the real key would be to determine the speed of the supposed brown dwarf, and only then youd have a range of speed it could be traveling, nothing too definitive.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
That's why it's hiding behind the sun, silly.

It's like a giant game of Peek-A-Boo, and so far it's winning.

i don't know if you are serious or not, but i hope you are because i have a question i've been meaning to ask someone who beleive nibiru is behind the sun... this could go to anyone else who beleives so also..

one thing i've never understood.. and i am in no way gifted in the astro or cosmo logical way.. if niburu was hiding behind the sun, wouldn't we be able to see it during half of the year at least, actually probably for up to eight months or more, i mean, as we revolve around the sun couldn't we see it on the other side???

just something i've always wondered, i'm into the whole nibiru idea, or at least interested in what our ancestors had to say about it

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I thought Nibiru's projected orbit was elliptical. Pluto is orbiting on a more circular orbit. Therefore using a constant velocity for measurement seems rather silly. Orbits that are elliptical have a constantly changing velocity. When they get the close to the sun they sling shot around with tremendous velocity and begin to slow down at the other end of their orbit. Then they begin to move back slowly until the gravity of the sun increases their velocity. So I don't know a proper way to actually measure where Nibiru should be but I do know if its orbit is elliptical that using a constant velocity for its orbit doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Chadwickus doesn't fool anyone.

There's a reason NASA sent up an infrared orbiting telescope (WISE) to search for a brown dwarf they call "Nemesis" or "The Death Star" (Nibiru):

Sun's Nemesis Pelted Earth with Comets, Study Suggests
By Leslie Mullen
Astrobiology Magazine
posted: 11 March 2010

A dark object may be lurking near our solar system, occasionally kicking comets in our direction. 

Nicknamed "Nemesis" or "The Death Star," this undetected object could be a red or brown dwarf star, or an even darker presence several times the mass of Jupiter.

Why do scientists think something could be hidden beyond the edge of our solar system? Originally, Nemesis was suggested as a way to explain a cycle of mass extinctions on Earth.

The Footprint of Nemesis

A recently-discovered dwarf planet, named Sedna, has an extra-long and usual elliptical orbit around the Sun. Sedna is one of the most distant objects yet observed, with an orbit ranging between 76 and 975 AU (where 1 AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun). Sedna's orbit is estimated to last between 10.5 to 12 thousand years. Sedna's discoverer, Mike Brown of Caltech, noted in a Discover magazine article that Sedna's location doesn't make sense.

"Sedna shouldn't be there," said Brown. "There's no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the Sun, but it never goes far enough away from the Sun to be affected by other stars." 

Perhaps a massive unseen object is responsible for Sedna's mystifying orbit, its gravitational influence keeping Sedna fixed in that far-distant portion of space. 

"My surveys have always looked for objects closer and thus moving faster," Brown said to Astrobiology Magazine. "I would have easily overlooked something so distant and slow moving as Nemesis."  

John Matese, Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, suspects Nemesis exists for another reason. The comets in the inner solar system seem to mostly come from the same region of the Oort Cloud, and Matese thinks the gravitational influence of a solar companion is disrupting that part of the cloud, scattering comets in its wake. His calculations suggest Nemesis is between 3 to 5 times the mass of Jupiter, rather than the 13 Jupiter masses or greater that some scientists think is a necessary quality of a brown dwarf. Even at this smaller mass, however, many astronomers would still classify it as a low mass star rather than a planet, since the circumstances of birth for stars and planets differ. 

...We may not have an answer to the Nemesis question until mid-2013. WISE needs to scan the sky twice in order to generate the time-lapsed images astronomers use to detect objects in the outer solar system. The change in location of an object between the time of the first scan and the second tells astronomers about the object's location and orbit. 

"I don't suspect we'll have completed the search for candidate objects until mid-2012, and then we may need up to a year of time to complete telescopic follow-up of those objects," said Kirkpatrick.

Even if Nemesis is not found, the WISE telescope will help shed light on the darkest corners of the solar system. The telescope can be used to search for dwarf planets like Pluto that orbit the Sun off the solar system's ecliptic plane. The objects that make up the Oort Cloud are too small and far away for WISE to see, but it will be able to track potentially dangerous comets and asteroids closer to home.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah ok, so this planet thats supposed to be 3 times the size of Jupiter has been hiding behind the sun all year round. as we circle the sun, this planet is circling the sun N-Sync to our rotation so we can never see it and on Dec. 21st 2012 it's gonna pop out and say peek-a-boo, scare the crap out of earth and make our planet Fart and cause catastrophic events. Alrighty then!

This planet should clearly be visible by now if it's that massive. anywho, we will all see what does and doesn't happen on 2012. What I do know will happen on 2012 is a new year.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
sadly, weather Chadwickus is right or wrong, has no bearing at all on our outcome. If a giant planet is destined to smash into earth on December 21st, 2012, then no amount of internet sleuthing is going to stop that. Live every day as if it were your last, but know that it probably isn't.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Aren't 'Nemesis' and 'nibiru' 2 completly different things?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

That's what NASA would like you to believe!

Hey, what's an extra brown dwarf or two in our solar system?!

BTW, NASA has known about Nemesis/Destroyer/Nibiru since 1983:

Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer 

Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth 
that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation 
Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a 
nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that 
it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the 
light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief 
scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory 
for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and 
has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous 
planet as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 billion miles.

While that may seem like a 
great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact 
that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto.

"If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of 
Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the 
IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists 
would even begin to classify it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

planet-x.150m.com...

[edit on 4/16/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont undestand astrology much so this might be irelevant but i found an example of 2 binary stars that orbit each other at 800 000 km/h. These are close to each other but it seems that under some conditions these things can move fast.

www.physorg.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just wish if the planet does exist,.. that it frigin gets here to shut this Mystery up.
What we need it for someone to head to the south pole telescope, commandeer the place and get the facts.
then report back to ATS asap.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

while i think you are right, because the questions obvious nature.

but theories and scientific studies and sumerian writings suggest an atypical orbiting pattern.

with something orbiting in this manner, closer to sun equals the faster it becomes.

in short, the pull from getting to the sun creates an exponential increase in movement, while jettisoning away from the sun in a ovular pattern would cause extreme slow down of the body.

my idea of nibiru is that its not 2012 end of times. its its own thing. conspiracy within conspiracy is a conspiracy worth denoting.

the theory of it changing the sun is based of natural changes in the sun which in itself is at a dangerous place. that including the economic downward spin, and politics. 2012 is still on track with my research. i don't really need to add nibiru to the list...its a little y2kish. BUT i believe in it.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is always a bit of an abberation when mathematical calculation takes over from common sense. My own theory is that "Nibiru" is the expired remnant of a once mightier star possessing a gravity two or three times greater than our sun. "Nibiru" is now a black object to our optical perception, but is bright in the infra-red spectrum. So we cannot see it, but we can try getting some images of it using infra-red sensors. The coordinations to point your equipment at are [5-53-27 / -6-10-58] and it moved to [5-49-15.08 / -4-02-31.86]. By now it will have moved not only nearer to the Sun, but also further along on that path of trajectory. These coordinate are in the constellation of Orion. From the images that have been leaked by insiders, we can see that there are five planet in orbit around it. From the information we are told, we see that it is the real centre of gravity of our solar system, which is why our Earth has a 26,000 year polar wobble called precession. Our entire solar system is in orbit around it, rather than it in orbit around us. "Nibiru" will not hit the Sun, but will fly past at high speed in a retrogade motion. It will be at its nearest to the Sun on December twenty first in 2012 simultaniously as we pass through the Galactic Equatorial. Because it has already passed through the Oort Cloud region, and is in the Kuiper Belt as I write, thus like as you suggest it is in theory already an object to be observed. Approaching from the constellation of Orion. It is coming directly at us so it is virtually impossible [using parallax] to make any prior calculations. We just simply must accept what ever will happen. Large Comets of stellar proportion are often coming through our Solar System and cause very little damage, thus I advice that this "Nibiru" is just another such boring object. Its following of meteoric material is no more than a spectacular shooting stars display at most. It is nothing worth worrying about. What we now must speculate is that human beings might have arrived on Earth from the "Nibiru" system ?

[edit on 16/4/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No one denies that there may be as yet undiscovered large mass objects in the outer reaches of the solar system or that there is something or several somethings that disturb the Oort cloud. That's exactly why astronomers are looking!

Any astronomer would love to discover that the sun is part of a binary system or discover more large mass planets, but that hasn't happened yet. For people to make asumptions about Nibiru closing in for an encounter in 2012 is a huge leap of faith as there is no scientific evidence to support it.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Insomniac]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There are actualy brown dwarf stars closer to Earth then the nearest star is.
Check out this video with info from the infrared WISE telescope.
A New Closest Star? - Getting WISE to Brown Dwarfs

I've posted it in this thread.

If Nibiru actualy exists. I don't believe it would smash into Earth. The natural catastrophes seem to be in progress already. Do to it's (possible / imaginary ) gravity.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Another thing people need to understand is...... How long has man been keeping track of time? Dec. 21st could be off by days/months/years as to the actual "date"

Deebo

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

There are actualy brown dwarf stars closer to Earth then the nearest star is.
Check out this video with info from the infrared WISE telescope.
A New Closest Star? - Getting WISE to Brown Dwarfs

This video says that WISE will be looking for closer brown dwarfs not that it has found any.
The nearest known star of any kind to the sun is Proxima Centauri at 4 light years.

[edit on 16/4/10 by Insomniac]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join