It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your freindly neighborhood moderator.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If you're here to diss us, please, another time. We deal with that daily. Let's just have fun here, as YOU want to, as STAFF wants to.

Got a question? Want to have some fun? Want to know the mods around you?

Fun up folks.

reply to post by MR BOB

Nice buzzkill. I can't remotely imagine why you might be having an issue.

:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My bad guys, thanks to my big mouth (or technically fingers...whatever) giving Intrepid ideas, we all have to suffer the mod's sick, twisted sense of humor! (I joke, I joke!)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Got a question? Want to have some fun? Want to know the mods around you? I'll dig them up. Literally if I have to.

Fun up folks.

It's odd that you started this thread just now, I was looking for a Mod recently.
And I told Saul, dig deeper, keep digging. Take off your shorts if you're too hot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fc6f035a007.gif[/atsimg]

The problem was resolved quickly, but back to the subject at hand:

My biggest issue is that before you become a Mod we get to know you. Before the spandex tights and fancy cape the Pre-Mods post well and often. We get to know you as people.

And then so many vanish........
Sure, the open bar and cozy comforting warmth of the server room can be a distraction. But some of us miss the good old days when most of the Mods were just Members, and still wet behind the ears...

Edit: If I don't edit my OCD kicks in....

[edit on 17/4/2010 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDesolate

Sorry guys. didn't mean to come off so negative. mods do a great job.
I did not mean it bad.

[edit on 19-4-2012 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Only thing I wanna know is, why are some mods seemingly more active than others.
Some you barely see a post or hear a peep out of.

Could be many, many reasons...

I've seen:

Loss of internet access
Hospitalization
Moving
Vacation or trip

etc., etc.

And of course, as people too, sometimes it's just that one needs a break from things, or doesn't have as much free time. In addition, some mods go on a spree when they just, well, mod..vs. post.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I like that the mods are strict here but hate that the mods are inconsistent. You can tell there's a "hive mind". I'd be really interested to see what your mod forums are like.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
For the most part, it's just like any group discussion...you get input from different people, try and come to a consensus, and then decide on a course of action.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I understand that as a staff member you have taken a mantle that I don't or won't have too .

These people are actually.......... wait for it........... people.

And pretty decent people at that .

I just don't understand why there are some that see staff as a problem. I forgot though that "The Man Sucks". At ATS the staff is The Man. We're on your side though. We're fighting the Man too.

Well you should understand the reasoning by now . ATS fosters an anti establishment cultural . As ATS as grown more popular it has become perceived as a part of evil establishment . All of which shows the folly of the drivel anti establishment crowd spews .

It's easy to point fingers at the staff and see something that you don't like. Why? What about the other 1000 things that we did to make ATS better for the membership? In this light I'm opening this thread. It WILL be humorous, fun and enlightening hopefully.

Let me tell you something in my short life I have been shot down so many times that my achievements that much sweeter . I have also learned that when things are going well nobody says anything . You only hear from people when things go bad.

If you're here to diss us, please, another time. We deal with that daily. Let's just have fun here, as YOU want to, as STAFF wants to.

I am not going to diss anyone . To turn things around for discussions purpose I could say that the decline in the quality of US political discussions since the scraping of the separate AP board and Conspiracy Masters forum should have earned a greater past rebuke . Of course the leveler to this is that being right only gets peoples backs up and that nothing I can or could have said would have changed anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Oh God you all people kill me.

:bnghd:

My spleen hurts.

Thank you all.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh, you don't make mistakes? That would explain why any thread questioning you is closed or so I hear.

Hmm, I've seen (and participated in) many threads questioning mod actions, calling us disinfo agents, the man, etc. In addition, I'm typically pretty candid in U2Us if anyone asks me a question. You have no idea how many "Why did so and so get banned?" U2U's we can get, etc.

Often, bans and other actions happen from things not visible to the membership at large (most commonly, nasty and/or threatening U2U's to other members, etc.)

We certainly can make mistakes, but usually, we'd be called on it by the membership or the other mods. The simple thing is to own up to it, correct it, and move on.

All of the mods are and were members too...we were asked to participate on a forum we clearly cared about. Our sole goal is to help the membership while building a better ATS...its with that in mind, that we take any action on anything.

Neat idea for a thread though....I hope the members take advantage of it, and ask away...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The worst part, SD, is that the photo has a very strong resemblance to my own face...and if I wasn't somnabulistic in that photo than it is a hell of a photo shop.

And thanks TUP...way to state the obvious...

I am now taking u2u offers for payback...

Let the games begin...

Edit to Add - All T&C's Apply!

[edit on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:06:36 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I think the interesting aspect in my situation is that I became more active after the moderator offer/acceptance.

Tons more active. ATS was a passing phase and wouldn't have been revived if not for a few interesting happenstances...

And now ya'all are stuck with me...

Well, kind of...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I would lurves to see A

...*MS* vs *SD*...

debate that would make me giddy !

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Pfff ... I'm not debatering again till I haz mah ribbon!

Plus, MS is a masterdebater.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin

I would lurves to see A

...*MS* vs *SD*...

debate that would make me giddy !

There is one in the archives already...

But in all fairness, I think I lucked out on that one...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

i would like to be a moderator so how do i do that?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by killer4281

i would like to be a moderator so how do i do that?

There is a ritual closely resembling what transpires at Bohemian grove, where you are tied face down on a wide board...and a cutie or a hottie recruited from the ranks takes a frozen chicken, a gallon of butter milk, 1 one boiled kielbasa, and a live gopher snake, and defiles your posterior in the most horrible of ways. And playing in the background a string quartet playing a selection from the "Pirates of Pensance" loudly to muffel your screams. I hear the ordeal is quite painful and lasts most of the afternoon.
But after it is all over they take you out to a very expensive restaurant for a nice meal of cabrito enchiladas and pesole. It's a tradition.

I used to date a mod from here and that's what she told me. I can't personally verify the truthfulness of her account but she was very proud of the scars on her upper arms and the tatoo of 4 carnations. They looked more like mums to me but she swore they were carnations.

That's all I know...hope that helps.

She swore me to secrecy on a satanic bible but I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

AH, c'mon !!!

[SDhide] When he's signing the documents for the debate, you guys slip in the one for trading your soul for Modness and toss the skittles in the back seat of the SDmobile when he's not looking...[/SDhide]

~makes really annoying penguin noises~

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join