It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou Was Born on 6-16 - Is He The Antichrist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
One text of the Book of Revelation gave the number 616 as the number of the Antichrist. Although a lot of scholars give credence to that because it is such an early text, it's pretty much very doubtful that is the real number of the Beast.

Since every other historical text says 666. But it got me thinking, what if the 616 was intentionally in error as a clue? Some scholars claim 666 = Nero and that 616 = Caligula.

The thing is though, what if 616 was just a simple clue? The number of the Beast is in fact 666, and 616 is a clue to identify who the 666 is? I have studied the Bible for years and one of the most prominent aspects in the Bible in terms of prophecy relating to the rise of Antichrist is that in the Book of Daniel it seems to imply that the Antichrist comes from Greece and/or is Greek.

This is implied quite strongly in both Daniel chapters 8 and 11 - that the Antichrist arises in Greece. The Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou was born on June 16. In Greece the date is written as 16-6, but in the US the date is written as 6-16 and he was born in the USA, meaning on his birth certificate it would be written as 6-16.

This reminds me of that one 616 Bible text. What is also of interest to me is that the Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou is also the son of a Greek Prime Minister. In the Book of Revelation it states that the Antichrist will be the leader of a nation and that his father was also the leader of a nation. That is one of the things that caused a lot of people to suspect G.W. Bush in the first place.

That particular trait as described in Revelation has always been one that has greatly limited the possibilities of who could be The Antichrist and Papandreou just happens to qualify. Also in the Book of Revelation it seems to describe Antichrist as arising during a bad economic situation and that he uses a new economic monetary system to come to power.

I find it quite interesting that a Greek leader, who is also the son of a Greek leader (matching both Daniel and Revelation prophecies about Antichrist) was born on 6-16, a number that also appears in one of the original texts as being the number of the Antichrist.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
what does the term"ante-christ really mean or define? i wonder if the whole notion of an ante-christ is a well deployed plot to form a self fulfilling prophecy.be careful what you believe in,lest you create it by that belief,maybe the ante-christ is not a physical reference to a human being ,but a metaphysical reference to ones state of consciousness.the ante-christ of our higher consciousness,the rebellion of the lower against the higher[more godlike] aspects of ourselves?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mediasorcerer

i wonder if the whole notion of an ante-christ is a well deployed plot to form a self fulfilling prophecy.be careful what you believe in,lest you create it by that belief,

Indeed, if I go through my families birth dates I'm very likely to find a bunch of them happen to to have the so called number of the beast in the dates.

The whole thing is xtian superstitious nonsense, I recently had an xtian spend ten minutes completely "failing" to show me how the number of the beast is somehow in binary encoded in the barcode of my groceries etc.Needless to say when I asked the xtian to explain in detail "binary code" as I'm crap with math he didn't have a clue but could assure me 666 is encoded in my groceries somewhere.

Christians run around like headless chickens ranting on about this "numerology" stuff but when are asked to explain the details make themselves look very foolish.

As it happens one of the earliest references to the number of the beast was indeed 616 and so it seems that any reference to 666 is in error. However 665 is also found so next time you speak to an xtian do him/her a favour and bring him up to speed on what his pastor failed to tell him.

Perhaps it would also be prudent for xtians to notify Wal Mart that they need to recall all their stock because they got the magik number wrong.

Dah, humanities future looks very bleak indeed with this type of nonsense being spoon fed to children.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Antichrist is the anglicized form of the Greek word Αντίχριστος. That is the Greek word for "Antichrist".

This is the word as it was written by John. The word combines the Greek words αντί (anti) and Χριστός (Christ). The meaning of the word αντί is best literally interpreted into English as "false opposition" and/or "in place of".

The meaning of the word Χριστός is best literally interpreted into English as "anointed King" or "anointed one". Χριστός is rendered into Khristos (or Christos) in the Latin form and then becomes Christ in English. Khristos is the name Greeks came up with for Jesus, which in English the name is called Christ. It's basically an equivalent of the Hebrew name Messiah.

Think of it as in Hebrew Messiah (remember the Jews don't accept Jesus as Messiah), in Greek Khristos, and in English Christ.

So "Antichrist" is best literally translated into English to mean "the false opposition in place of the anointed one (King) - Jesus Christ".

So what the Bible's "Antichrist" from Revelation refers to is a person (the Bible tells us it is a man) that is an anointed ruler or King that is against Christ or that opposes him, but that is actually a false impersonation of him.

So Antichrist is literally referring to the Bible's prediction that a world ruler would arise at some point that was the opposite of Christ, yet would be seen by many people as some sort of Messiah figure. It is the actual meaning of the word that leads most researchers on the subject to identify either Adolf Hitler or G.W. Bush as either being Antichrist or at the very least being a fore-warning or some type of premonitions of the Antichrist.

Antichrist basically means someone equivalent to Hitler or G.W. Bush, but that would actually successfully achieve worldwide governance. Basically, a world-wide dictator with a cult-like following amongst the masses of his believers. So yes, the Bible clearly states Antichrist is a man that is a world wide dictator. The basic description from the Bible could have been fulfilled by either Hitler or Bush Jr. already, if they would have gone onto become a world dictator, which did not happen. That is what Antichrist is described as in the Bible. Pretty much, Hitler if the Nazis had won the war. Most of the stuff you hear about Antichrist is created from pop culture and from Church leaders that make up nonsense.

It doesn't describe something that Hollywood or whatever envisions, but basically describes a world-wide dictator that brainwashes most of the masses to follow him. That is why others like Napoleon, Stalin, Lenin, Mao and so forth have also been linked to being Antichrist. They all fit the basic criteria. Don't be fooled by all the pop culture nonsense about what the Antichrist is supposed to be. It's really no more complicated, nor mysterious than this - think Hitler if the Nazis won World War II, Stalin if the Soviets achieved worldwide control in his reign by eliminating the US, or G.W. Bush if he had suspended the US constitution, declared martial law, and stayed in office indefinitely (as many thought he might).

The concept of what John wrote about is actually much closer to reality and to having already happened than people think, simply because they think of the Hollywood or pop culture version of "Antichrist", and not what was written about. Antichrist then is if you will, a title. The name of a title that John came up with to describe what he saw in a vision as a worldwide dictator that came to power.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Red Cloak]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

So Antichrist is literally referring to the Bible's prediction that a world rule would arise at some point that was the opposite of Christ, yet would be seen by many people as some sort of Messiah figure. It is the actual meaning of the word that leads most researchers on the subject to identify Adolf Hitler as either being Antichrist or at the very least being a fore-warning or some type of premonition of the Antichrist.

Antichrist basically means someone equivalent to Hitler but that would actually successfully achieve worldwide governance. Basically, a world-wide dictator with a cult-like following amongst the masses. So yes, the Bible clearly states Antichrist is a man that is a world wide dictator.

While agreeing with all that, I would also include the Matthew ch24 comments about someone saying "I am the Christ". So in my mind, at least,he is not just a world-wide dictator but also someone explicitly and openly claiming the name of Christ, perhaps combining this with titles suitable for other religions.

Yes, I'm inclined to see the Hitler regime as a vey useful model of the way the Beast regime might work.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

So Antichrist is literally referring to the Bible's prediction that a world rule would arise at some point that was the opposite of Christ, yet would be seen by many people as some sort of Messiah figure. It is the actual meaning of the word that leads most researchers on the subject to identify Adolf Hitler as either being Antichrist or at the very least being a fore-warning or some type of premonition of the Antichrist.

Antichrist basically means someone equivalent to Hitler but that would actually successfully achieve worldwide governance. Basically, a world-wide dictator with a cult-like following amongst the masses. So yes, the Bible clearly states Antichrist is a man that is a world wide dictator.

While agreeing with all that, I would also include the Matthew ch24 comments about someone saying "I am the Christ". So in my mind, at least,he is not just a world-wide dictator but also someone explicitly and openly claiming the name of Christ, perhaps combining this with titles suitable for other religions.

Yes, I'm inclined to see the Hitler regime as a vey useful model of the way the Beast regime might work.

Yes, absolutely. Which is why there would be the cult-like following amongst the masses of his believers. Which is why I say the closest thing to what the Bible described is either Hitler or G.W. Bush. Because their believers followed them with an almost worshiping like status. it is also interesting to note that Bush several times implied that he was Christ like or made references to things that Christ did in speeches when he would talk about Iraq.

It's also very similar to how Hitler would talk about divine providence and things of that nature. The Nazi propaganda and the Neocon propaganda is very close to matching what an Antichrist archetype would be. That is what separated out Hitler more from say Stalin. Stalin could be an archetype, but Hitler is stronger because he was seen as a Christ figure.

The concept of Antichrist is much closer than most people think. Bush for example was VERY close what the Bible described. So the idea of someone like that, arising up and going into a newly re-built temple and declaring "I am" or "I will" is a lot nearer to being possible than most people realize.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah, to the Greek workers and unions.

But in all seriousness I read something about the antichrist coming from the eastern mediterranean.
www.nostradamusonline.com...

[edit on 4/16/10 by Misoir]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Your post is interesting, especially the part about a second Hitler, except this time being succesfull. I would have to state that the only way for this to occur is for the 'antichrist' to come from a higher ranking nation; UK, US or any other NATO or NATO alligned nation. Let me explain why.

If the antichrist were to come from an opposed country by the west, the only way for him to gain the ultimate power that he would need would be to wage war against the west. The west would obliterate him, even if he had a nuke. So this means the only way for him in our present time to gain control of the world is to rise in the wester or any other major power. He would probably wage war against the middle east and other nations who would oppose him, and use his western powers to do so. He would also probably change the power of the UN and all other heads of state would applaud him as a man of the people who is doing great for the world. He won't abolish anyone who is against him, he will make his alliances in the west and establish his own puppets in the middle east and all other opposition countries until his opposition was silenced. He would then take control of the UN and all countries while still giving limited power to the heads of state. He would probably want ultimate control and 'get rid of' all the minor heads of state and just deal with the major heads of state and make an elite group of close-nit major powers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

George Papandreou's birthday is 16th June 1952; his birth number is 3. The year he was born 1+9+5+2=17 which comes to 8.

Wrong guy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hey I can tell you a few weeks ago I looked at a clock and saw END instead of 6:16, immediately I became startled as something like this has never happened, I hope nothing bad happens on this date this year.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou was born on June 16. In Greece the date is written as 16-6, but in the US the date is written as 6-16 and he was born in the USA, meaning on his birth certificate it would be written as 6-16.

I just wonder how many people have been born on june 16th ... damn we have a heck of a lot of antichrists running around!

Let's say you did spend 1 hour "researching" (and I really hate to use this word) and writing it all down ... 1 hour staring at a blank wall would have been way more productive.

I hate bashing people but i simply don't know how to begin to say how stupid this is

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
If the antichrist were to come from an opposed country by the west, the only way for him to gain the ultimate power that he would need would be to wage war against the west.

The final antichrist will not wage war. After the global domination players have squared up and brought race war upon the world, he will step in to bring peace.

top topics

join