It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat-is it too old school anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I mean no disrespect but I have to ask how much this feature is utilized?

And, when are people on it? It seems like when I have tried to get on, MAYBE 3 others are on-and usually two of them are idle.

Maybe we (ATSS) can start to pump it a little more. Maybe current users could post topic discussions and times in the hopes of increasing participants?

Well, here I go again-see how it works out.

Is ATS Mutter going well? Have more people there?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm on at different times of the day and night, mostly at night. I have met some nice people in there.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yes, it has to be the time of day etc. I try at night. I have met one person-who typed back other than Hi/hey. Gimme-some-football...good Steelers fan.

I never even used chat before. The first two times was rough...but I got it now (most of it). Now the problem is getting someone into the area I want to be in (UFO area). It has been completely empty every night this week when I tried (hence the thread).

Thanks for your input. Take care

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's not IRC and I dont feel like keeping my browser open all the time, I cant use it.

if ATS got a decent IRC going, then I would be on 24/7

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
what username and password do you use to get in? my ats one didn't work..hmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mutter's going front page when the updated site goes live. It was mentioned on the show on Saturday. That suggests Chat might be getting left behind?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't leave chat behind!

maybe you could post what times are good for you and people will show up.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Yeah they need to update that chat.

I'm with the OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Maybe the 200 post count thing is to much?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflower

No.

It would be awful if people who hadn't proven they were legit and not troublemakers were given license to instantly post nonsense and spam

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Did i read that right? 200 posts before able to enter chat? Yowza. Well no one will be seeing me in hat in a while, unless i start droping messages all over the place just to make my 200!! I had been wondering why i couldnt get in there! Alrighty then.... Next!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vision2010

Of course it takes 200 posts to get in, this ain't a football website, the topics here are extremely inflammatory and debates are heated. As much as ATS tries to give you a voice and as much as I usually don't side with the mods, they can't just let any ol' yahoo go in there and start spewing nonsense from his keyboard. The 200 posts proves you can behave yourself and not get banned for a good amount of time. They're not asking much.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
reply to post by Nightflower

No.

It would be awful if people who hadn't proven they were legit and not troublemakers were given license to instantly post nonsense and spam

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Then again, you do get troublemakers like LF, who only want to start arguments and problems.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i think i'll bounce into the chat room for the first time ever,
been active for 6 years now
just never gave chat a thought because i see other venues
with chat messages going too fast to keep up

its only for the focused i guess,
i try & do IM & YIM live webcam with voice on a one-2-one thingy

anyhow i'm already commited to stop in & have a look-see,

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes, i have to admit one immature chatter can ruin a room. Good call on the 200 posts. I wasnt complaining by any means, just wow'd! At one point i used to Host chats for MSN. So i am well aware of the trouble that can be brought on. .. Next!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vision2010

Yeah man, it's a very strict website but for good reason. As I said topics are inflammatory and could easily derail into poo-slinging and death threats if not for the strict moderating. Happy ATS'ing bro.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
ATS Chat? Never heard of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wrong thread

[edit on 19-4-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Of course you could use Mutter!

top topics

<<   2 >>