It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama special? Man to Mars by 2030

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

To be fair, the cursed Russians are bringing down the planet-wide average.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
What I heard him say is instead of spending money making a tiny little shuttle craft size spacecraft like orion he would rather spend money on developing the technologies to eventually build the USS Enterprise (the solar system version).

NASA could not build the Star Trek USS Enterprise - with any amount of money. They can't even build a measly anti-gravity flying saucer. I don't think they even know how their automobiles work... because they cant find any rocket exhaust on them.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well heck, we can save a lot of money by CONTINUING to hitch rides with them. They building a nuke enigne now:

I think someone forgot to tell Obama and NASA that the announcement today was not NEW news. Well, one year off. It has has been being planned this way for a while:

2031: February: NASA's manned expedition to Mars assembled in four Ares V rocket missions departs for the Red Planet. (A November 2007 projection by NASA's Robotic and Human Lunar Expeditions Strategic Roadmap Committee)

Russian experts are developing a nuclear engine that will make the flight time to Mars 20 times shorter and enable manned missions to the Red Planet. President Dmitry Medvedev unveiled the plan during his State of the Nation address to parliament in November 2009. The Keldysh Center in Moscow plans to have the unit up and running before 2015.

Source: english.ruvr.ru...

I did a small post (maybe 2) about it last week (about there Space programs-direction): www.abovetopsecret.com... &
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ruskies aren't playing around (at least on propoganda part). They see a VERY weak USA NASA program so... take advantage. Why not?

And remember, if Obama lips moved-he was lying or blowing smoke....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cowboys703

I give you that, I agree about the russians bringing down the precentage.

But .758880 percent is not going to cut it!

Apollo odds .9976

shuttle odds .5776

I don't see 75 percent taking humans to mars anytime soon!

That would mean thousands of system failures on the flight!

That is not possible!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks for the interesting responses. It would be awesome to see Russia kick some US butt in terms of space missions to Mars (or moon or anywhere really). Nuclear power being a plan for Russian space flight since Nov 2009 is very interesting too. Norway spiral anyone?

Although, really, it would be sad to see Mars become governed by different countries and fought over also. It'd be nice to see a world space organisation, not country led departments. I can't see us really being accepted into the universal community without working together as a planet, but who knows - maybe the solar system is there for us to be clumsy with?

Thanks for the sobering thought! It's true the dates will no doubt not be met - but saying that surely as the technology becomes better but more importantly the engineering becomes faster & easier - the more likely they are to hit some deadlines
In the meantime, I'll stick to my over-excitement and what not. My beer tin is half full!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by markymint]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join