It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights during Volcanic eruption??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I just read this article on BBC. Check out the last paragraph. They don't really go on to question this in the rest of the article. It caught me a little off guard...

"We estimate that no-one is in danger in the area, but we have started an evacuation plan and between 500 and 600 people are being evacuated," Sigurgeir Gudmundsson of the Icelandic civil protections department told the Agence France-Presse news agency.

The area is sparsely populated, but the knock-on effects from the eruption have been considerable.

A state of emergency is in force in southern Iceland and transport connections have been severely disrupted, including the main east-west road.

"Ash has already begun to fall in Fljotshlid and people in the surrounding area have reported seeing bright lights emanating from the glacier," RUV public radio said on its website.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Could you please provide the exact link to the article on the BBC where you have taken this extract from, please

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

Here's the link -

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Graphix10]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10

"Ash has already begun to fall in Fljotshlid and people in the surrounding area have reported seeing bright lights emanating from the glacier," RUV public radio said on its website.

The lava is glowing through the ice.

"Strange lights emanating FROM the glacier." Not above, around, in the air or area. Logic would make a person think it's the tons and tons of lava nearing the top....and that worries me more than a UFO in the area.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BoSock

reply to post by BoSock

Thats exactly what i just thought, a very big one!!! That would explain the grounded flights globally.......for evacuation purposes:lol

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoSock

Originally posted by Graphix10

The lava is glowing through the ice.

"Strange lights emanating FROM the glacier." Not above, around, in the air or area. Logic would make a person think it's the tons and tons of lava nearing the top....and that worries me more than a UFO in the area.

I'm with you. It's logical that it could be lava, and it very well could be, but the phrase "bright lights" sounds interesting. I don't think I would describe lava as bright lights....but maybe you're right. I just remember reading many reports of UFO's entering and exiting volcanoes.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Iceland has loads of myths about demons and giants ,maybe they are wakeing up after the eruption, gates of hell ,keys to abyss. jump back to the longships men and row, probally magma whoops lava shineing from ice

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Going to have to say its fractoluminescence.

"This phenomenon can be demonstrated by removing ice from a freezer in a darkened room, under conditions in which the ice makes cracking sounds from sudden thermal expansion. If the ambient light is dim enough, flashes of white light from the cracking ice can be observed."

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join