It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad Tortured to Death (by Alex Jones) in Mass Social Experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow.

Say what you will about Alex Jones (and I have had my points of contention with him in the past), but that was a great video.

Judging by some of the responses here, he was right on the money. I have seen so many justify torture on these boards, that I have wanted to throw up on my laptop. (But that would be a perfectly good waste of technology
)

I think its time more Americans started waking up to the cold hard reality of what we are doing to these people... human beings.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't understand the point, why not donate the money to charity and simply say that we don't need technological gadgets to do simple things for us? Instead of needlessly smashing something that costs money to create.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I don't understand the point, why not donate the money to charity and simply say that we don't need technological gadgets to do simple things for us? Instead of needlessly smashing something that costs money to create.

So what, is he going to donate the money, film the donation and draw a parallel to torture? Come on guys, get over cost of the device, it was his or GCN's money anyway. This is exactly the point of the video! Everyone freaks about how wasteful it is when we do the same every day and then pass off torture as a necessary evil.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
double post sorry.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by hippomchippo

So what, is he going to donate the money, film the donation and draw a parallel to torture? Come on guys, get over cost of the device, it was his or GCN's money anyway. This is exactly the point of the video! Everyone freaks about how wasteful it is when we do the same every day and then pass of torture as a necessary evil.

Relax, i'm just wondering if he could have done this a better way, with less wastefulness, It's like the people on youtube who buy brand new hardware just to destroy it for video, I understand why they're doing it, but it's still pretty stupid.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You know, when I read the title of this thread I was a bit irked. I'm no fan of Jones and I thought that this was just some silly gimmick, but when I watched the video and listened to the man I saw he actually had an excellent point.

Sure it is still a gimmick but the message is kind of on the money.

- Lee

top topics

<< 1   >>

join