It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church and Pope Just Don't Get It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Pope says church must do penance for abuse cases

VATICAN CITY, Apr. 15, 2010 (Reuters) — Pope Benedict said on Thursday the sexual abuse scandal shaking Roman Catholicism showed the Church needed to do penance for its sins, in a rare public reference by the pope to pedophilia in the priesthood.

"Now, under attack from the world which talks to us of our sins, we can see that being able to do penance is a grace and we see how necessary it is to do penance and thus recognize what is wrong in our lives," the said pope at a mass in the Vatican.

The pope's personal preacher went as far as to compare the abuse scandal to anti-Semitism, drawing sharp criticism from some Jews and from victims of abuse by priests.

Pope Benedict also hit back at critics of the Church, portraying them as in the thrall of a conformist "dictatorship."

"Conformism which makes it obligatory to think and act like everyone else, and the subtle -- or not so subtle -- aggression toward the Church demonstrate how this conformism can really be a true dictatorship," said the pope.

www.newsdaily.com...

The priests and church are victims of abuse like anti-Semitism?

I have not heard a single one of them ever say that having sex with little boys is wrong and shouldn't be done. I think this makes it clear that they don't believe there is anything wrong with it.

Especially when everything i have read either says what this says or just outright is in defense mode from the press.

This sounds more like doing penance because they got caught. Not because of what is being done is wrong.

join