It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China quake kills 589, injures thousands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

China quake kills 589, injures thousands

www.cnn.com

(cnn) -- A rapid series of strong earthquakes hit a mountainous and impoverished are of China's Qinghai province early Wednesday, killing 589 people, state-run media said, quoting local quake relief headquarters.

At least 10,000 others were injured, the Xinhua news agency reported, and many victims, including school children, were buried under debris. Rescuers were struggling to clear debris with their hands and save those trapped below.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another tragic event in a series of deadly quakes around the world recently. My heart goes out to all the victims of this quake and their families.

Is it normal for earthquakes to happen so frequently in one year? There have been quakes in Haiti, Chile, China, etc. and I'm getting suspicious. I've read ATS posts about America using HAARP to cause the quakes. I don't know if that's true but China definitely isn't a friend to America.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It seems like everyone missed this?

It's an extremely large story! 598 killed + possibly more.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Personally i see the increase in strong earthquakes all over the world as a sign of the earths magma expanding. Why, well if we have global warming or climate change heating up the oceans and air-wouldent that be a form of insulation for the earths magma???? What would 1 or 2 degrees do to the size of our magma core?? How much expantion??
You cant have it getting warmer up here without it getting warmer down there. and EXPANSION is happening-
atahe bible states we will have a some really big ones in divers places that will really shake the world--We will see one way or another that is for sure

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Or the poles could be shifting. We're long overdue for another reversal.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Any other earthquakes of this magnitude would be on the front page. WHY IS THIS ONE NOT?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've been skeptical about this whole "Earthquakes on the rise, beginning of the end" stuff. But to be honest, I'm starting to think maybe something is up.

I mean, are earthquakes like the ones we've had so far (Haiti, Chile, China) as common as people say?

If that's true, could it be that the media is putting more attention on earthquakes to instill fear in us all (and it's working). Possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Just in case you don't know there are other sections here on ATS. The China earthquake is being discussed in the Fragile Earth section, there have been numerous topics on it actually. Here's the thread with the most activity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
Any other earthquakes of this magnitude would be on the front page. WHY IS THIS ONE NOT?

Earthquakes of this magnitude are becoming rather "commonplace". Deaths of this number are becoming rather "commonplace". Does anyone see a problem here?

"Natural disasters" and the deaths of hundreds of people at a time are just not that important anymore. We "have" been conditioned to accept it as business as usual.

Even New news is Old News. Yes there is something terribly wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

Probably China not letting in the media would be my major guess. Their last quake didn't get much coverage either....China seems to hate anything that makes them seem weak. Anyone saying that quakes aren't being reported because of their new commonality are full of it, California's recent quake with 0 fatalities got a lot of coverage. This is clearly a case of China's government shutting out international media.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A quake is a natural event/disaster. And in natural disaster's that strike poor areas where buildings are flimsy, poorly constructed, made of wood or mud, they collapse and people die.

Yes, it's extremely unfortunate that these things happen, but they happen it's part of life.

new topics

top topics

join