It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crazy things in the mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
hello ats i had an expieriance i would like to share, last night before i went to bed i layed down closed my eyes and watched the colors and shapes dance behind my eyelids while i did this i tried to block out all thoughts that involved words
this is really hard to do especially when you have add

well anyway i got random thoughts pop into my head and they were all like echo-y and stuff i heard the words its a dream its a dream its a dream while at the same time i had the image of a catepillar bouncing back in forth in time to the words, i heard other words and got other visualizations but what got my attention most was this one sound, do you know that feeling you get when your ear hears something really loud? yeah i had the loud sensation in my ear but there was no noise and there was the sound of heavy bass vibhrations in my mind the more i focused the "louder" it became in my mind but i also would forget to breath and would take a breath and lose my focus after a while of playing with this i eventually went to sleep

has anyone had any similiar expieriances and no im not psychotic and i dont need help i know right from wrong i knopw some people will look at this and say, your psycho or theyll give me a supernatural explanation i really dont want one but if you gotta then just say it

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah... It's called "falling asleep."

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hmm. Well, can't say that I have, but what are you describing up to the point of hearing/seeing things are psychic in nature.

The colors you are seeing ARE the spirit realm.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Deborah-Moses]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deborah-Moses

are you sure? i thought it was just light in my eyes that i caught during the day

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyger
Yeah... It's called "falling asleep."
well thats what i thought someone would say but you see i know i was awake before this happend baecause i remember going to sleep afterwards

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yes i have had simlar experience. although i took a good amount of acid as teenager. when i close my eyes i would see and here things as well.us ofter see letters in pink and contact w/ spirit guilds. lol doing halusinagens* is what opened this mental door for me.i would not have it any other way. thanks for sharing-peace

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

great post

i didnt do any drugs though and ill probably try to do this again tonight ill share with you guys about my expieriance tomorow
it was fun although somewhat frightening although we like being scared a little bit dont we?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
so heres last nights expieriance
there was no humming noise
but plenty of images
i watched the dancing lights on the back of my eyelids and my minds eye took me up high above a field and i had mechanichal wings there were other people too(imyself and everyone else resembled inquisitors which is a masari unit from universe at war earth aussault) it was just a glimpse really
the field was a bright golden yellow the sky was a beautiful days blue and there were a few farm houses in the distance but the golden yellow field caught my attention, it was incredibally beautiful, not so much the cornfield but the vibrant golden yellow, simply stunning
and then the image dissapeared and my eyelids were flooded with not dancing greens and blues but a bright golden yellow everywhere then slowly receding and dancing about
after that the regular dancing colors were about and i might have been imagining this but the colors seemed to resemble very faint outlines of rooms and doors and places
of course it was hard to tell becaue the colors were constantly dancing

oh and this time i didnt forget to breathe or anything

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ashanu90]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

now i know none of these ex[pieriancees were dreams because i dont usually remember my dreams and these events took place before actually falling asleep

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Careful, kids... You'll go blind if you look too hard. If you look deeply for a meaning to every little thing, you will find it, but that doesn't mean it will be the truth (In fact, it is often the reverse). I'm not trying to argue; just giving my opinion here.

I would say that you're starting to dream before you fall asleep. I used to do it all the time in my math classes... I would dream that the teacher was still lecturing, but the next thing I knew, I would be lifting my head off my desk as the bell rang, and then realize that I haven't learned anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If I were you I would search for some threads on astral projection or this sticky Conscious Oobe....It's Real!!!. Your experiences sound similar to things i have read when people astrally project.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I see lights when looking at the front of my eye lids while trying to fall asleep and sometimes in the dark if I stare at my ceiling... idk it varies.

Sometimes when I trying to fall asleep I see the shadows of people doing stuff, on time I was actually watching a jet pilot. It jumps from person to person, sometimes it is more then on person in the images I see.

I have other stuff but the other stuff happens once in a long while and it has to do with semi invisible futuristic technology that moves through matter. Maybe it is humans from the future talking to people in the present or another dimension, who knows.

Once I even saw a wicked small thing on the iris of my eye, like a little robot thingy but that was also in the semi invisible ghost figure zone.

People of the future could have made something or maybe it is bigger then that. Maybe I kinda see the place where dreams and reality collide with consciousness, who knows.

I use to think the pulse I see with my eyes was my individuel time pulse, I thought all life had one. Maybe it is the place where thoughts come from.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderinghows

Sometimes when I trying to fall asleep I see the shadows of people doing stuff, on time I was actually watching a jet pilot. It jumps from person to person, sometimes it is more then on person in the images I see.

that sounds to me like the reports ive heard on remote viewing
i dont know if its for real but interesting none the less great post

i will definetley look around on other threads and see what they have to say on this matter, i hope to find similair reports to my own
in the meantime i wish you a favorable statistical outcome in life

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i think i may have done something like this when i was a kid no images though, i was falling asleep then i heard a massive POP!!! like a an explosion in the distance and the sound of echo-y laughter needless to say i was wide awake after that and noone else heard it

very strange

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

well last night i saw some dancing colors but nothing special i went to sleep pretty fast but maybe the tonight will be better

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
if you hear some ringing in your ears get louder you could be observing the transition of sleep. Many people just think sleep is an off switch and you don't remember anything or have some vague dreams but if you meditate and become more aware of such transitions you find its more like a deep trance you can be conscious of transitionally, as well as other things. Those images and sounds imagine getting more 3D and immersive and they eventually BEND/pull into full on dreams.

If you hear this ringing in your ears (tinitis...riiiight)...increase... just hold on to that sound, make it louder, feel your body's numbness which can turn into subtle and then extreme pulsations, you just induced sleep paralysis and don't bother looking around the room thinking it's the same and feeling your body thinking what you're feeling is physical because its not as you can see when you get out of bed (into another world). But yeah

uhh.. also falling asleep (theta mode) brain frequencies.. there is a stage, much the same as deep meditative trance..only the difference is you come out of meditation feeling wired and super aware and peaceful.. but that stage is similar and like another poster already said, you can use it to learn, to gather information although it may be abstract now, think of it like dream symbolism, think about what the weird stuff represents. The interesting thing is once you're in that state it all makes sense but when you snap back you're like "huh"?.. I had theories for this, much like your wierd dreams make sense at the time you are experiencing them...imagine an alternate universe where you had a different life and that could be why you would dissassociate when you snap back... or think about your deep powerful subconscious that understands so much and it communicates it with symbolism... I mean... why do you think in language anyway? It's just an artificial construct. People go meditate in isolation to beat that part of their mind. At the base level your mind really gets symbols so with that in mind next time try and understand them.

A caterpillar.. simplicity..colorful?.. i think of that as happy or telling me the infinite possibilities... and you could look at it like a transformation in its infancy.. like saying you're not ready yet but you will be the butterfly, type thing.. "i am dreaming" type statements, could be calling you to awaken to a deeper sense of identity and existence.

There's my stab but try and figure out the symbols but its hard in that state, like once you snap out of it you have a hard time recalling what happened... just like why you need to write down dreams when they don't seem that hard to forget, it happens on a different level our conscious mind has a hard time accessing.

peace.

EDIT: My writing is so sloppy you'd think english was my second language. Fixed some typos but not the abstract theories, you'll never fix those.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by CavemanDD]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

wow i like that post most def

i like your suggestions and ideas thanks for posting

i will still shaare my expieriances each night with this thread the more i type the more i become interested and i think i just might be able to get better control of my mind

existance in a parrelel universe? maybe sounds interesting none the less

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes falling to sleep is really interesting and its not what we so ignorantly take it for.

You know those sounds in your house cracking when your laying in bed? ...oh its just the walls adjusting to the heat... whatever man... have you ever say quietly in your room waiting to hear sounds? I have. They are rare. But minutes after laying down to go to sleep you will hear the cracks. And for instance last night I was meditating, and i wasn't even that deep in.. I just started really... and decided I would "move the outter orbit".. imagine trying to feel a shell around you spinning.. well I did that.. and as that happened I felt my mind go into another gear, and its when you make those gear changes that you hear cracks in your environment. When your mind switches into a new gear falling asleep you hear the cracks and pops.

And yes sometimes it can sound like a loud POP in your ears and wake you up. I get lots of things like this... and leg-jerks and stuff.. if you think of that like electrical nervous system pulses or something because I think of the sleep process as heavily involving nervous energy though I can't scientifically prove it to anyone but myself. Astral projections have a bunch of serious physical side effects which I won't list here, I have already done so in other threads. But i'm just saying some serious #$% goes on while we sleep. I think of the brain like a powerful emitter, it's a radio receiver and piece of computer hardware. We think its power is minimal but only because we are looking at one piece of the spectrum. I think of psychic ability and these cracks in the room just from altered mental states and I think of the whole environment being altered electromagnetically.

To say there is nothing to this from my personal experiences I'd have to respectfully disagree, to say there is nothing "paranormal"..actually I'd go as far as to agree with that and say it is completely normal and should be observable in a lab, we just don't have the means or its not being shared.. I really don't doubt the government has psi-ops experiments, and their people are probably chuckling at ours who fearfully deny the paranormal.

I don't think magic powers exist... just natural forces which are indeed magical in that extent, and just haven't been observed to their capacity and deeper function.

And i've heard some people say they hear that loud pop before they astral project. I astral project a lot, can't say i really recall any pops though.

peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

wow ve never heard any cracks or pops except that one when i was young
but i do sometimes listen when its dead quite at night i dont do it alot cuz sometimes it freaks me out because i hear creepy noises like everytime im almost certain i can hear someone breathing and im the only one home
i think im ither being watched by someone or something or just overly paranoid

like i said i dont know much about cracks and pops but i do sometimes jerk my legs and arms and occasionally my torso

i have to say i wouldnt attribute any of this to magic or paranormal either

excellent insightfull posts
i enjoy them

also i remembe the other night the catepillar wasnt a real catepillar but rather cartoonish and when it moved back and forth it was more like an accordian, i know im just as confused as anyone else reading this

i would have to say the night before was my favorite so far with the golden fields and lights when i was in the form of a masari inquisotor i must admit i actually felt like i was hovering high in the air no joke!
i know the masari inquisitors were only units in a game but maybe there is a place like imaginationland(lol southpark) where everything people imagine are real in some sense

im enjoying this thread alot

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I tried to basically sum up the experience and FOCUSing and making sense of it:
fc08.deviantart.net...

I know where you're coming from man. It's there to explore, just approach with an open mind and with curiosity and it can take you to some interesting experiences to say the very least.

Life is a game to me, its a fun one, i don't mean that in an apathetic way. Everything feels like a movie script and i sometimes remember the scenes before they happen. Quite interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join