It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sara Palin Contract found in trash.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
California State University students poking around in trash containers found a 5 page document outlining items Sara Palin "requires" when she flies out there for a speech in June.

Looks like she gets first class airfare for 2, but needs 3 hotel rooms. I wonder why this is? If she flies on a commercial airline she gets 2 first class tickets. If she flies on a private jet, it has to be a Lear Jet 60 or bigger.

The students claim they got a tip the documents were about to be shredded and decided to try to find the contract in the trash before it was.

Contracts often contain weird details or perks, or quirks for the people who receive them.

I don't see much interesting here except requiring a suite plus 2 additional rooms. At least not with what has been released so far.

Looks like an investigation has already been called for though in why it was supposed to be shredded in the first place, and then as to why it was left in a trash bin.

Her fee for appearing wasn't in the contract apparently. I didn't see this posted yet, so i thought I would share it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
A contract with Palin IS trash.

Like her duty to fulfill her term of office as Alaska's governor, rather than skip out early to make millions as a psycho-babbling celebrity.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I hate Palin as much as the next guy, but did you ever stop to think that maybe she doesn't want to sleep with her body guard entourage on the couch?

She probably wants her body guards in rooms right next to hers.

She probably also doesn't want to sit next to anybody on the plane... LOL

Makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The word that comes to my mind after reading her "rider" was....

ELITE!!!

and you thought she wasn't?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As much as I dislike Palin, this is a big so what.
She'a a big time ( in the sense of fees) speaker, and isn't going to stay at the Motel6. I wonder if she likes brown M&M's?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hope she is enjoying her contractual "perks", because she is losing money on her "fund raiser" tour.

Sarah Palin's political action committee spent more money than it raised in the first three months of 2010, but the group is planning a "far more aggressive" fundraising effort as the midterm races ramp up.

SarahPAC collected $400,000 in the first quarter of the year, said the PAC's Treasurer Tim Crawford, but spent $409,000 in that same period. The rapid spending rate was owed in part to a substantial national mail program launched on March 25, Crawford said. The results of the program, the PAC's first solicitation by mail, were not yet realized by the time the quarter ended.

The PAC also doled out $9,500 to candidates since January. The former Alaska governor entered April with $919,000 in the bank.

SOURCE: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

If that isn't a clear indication that she needs to hang up her political career, then I don't know what is.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think it's fairly commonplace for celebrities to require such amenities. And make no mistake, Sarah Palin IS a celebrity and nothing more. No one cares what she says, they just want to be in her J-Lo-like glow for a while. I can't wait to see her hosing E! News.

Although I do find the bendable straws to be the last straw... so to speak.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am no Palin fan, but nothing here seems out of the ordinary given who she is...as BH pointed out...a celebrity.

As to the mystery of needing a Suite plus 2 rooms...

My assumption is that she wants one room to sleep in..one for a friend or family member (daughter?) and then a suite to conduct meetings/interviews and business in.

As far as the "I am one of you" rhetoric not jiving with her actual lifestyle....its a conservative trend lately and something that the RNC has also been forced to defend with their exorbitant spending, conferences in Hawaii, private jets, nightclub outings etc.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
As far as the "I am one of you" rhetoric not jiving with her actual lifestyle....its a conservative trend lately and something that the RNC has also been forced to defend with their exorbitant spending, conferences in Hawaii, private jets, nightclub outings etc.

Sorry, Homeslice. That "I'm one of you" isn't a conservative trend; it's the trend of ALL politicians. Dem or Rep, they are all "elites" that think their s**t doesn't stink, but their farts give them away.

Freakin' clownshoes.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I just can't understand why someone would pay 500 dollars to hear this woman speak the same crap we hear on television. It's just a bunch of stupid one liners....nothing with substance...and usually filled with lies and BS.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Really? Because I thought that the "Elite" tag was a particularly republican tool thrown at dems. Admittedly in the primaries Hillary and Obama briefly got into an Average Joe competition with Obama bowling and Hillary doing shots at an Irish pub...but...

Have you ever counted the amount of times Fox news, Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh et al use the word "Elite" to describe democrats? Democrat and elite is practically synonomous in GOP rhetorical speak...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Sorry, Homeslice.

Also...Homeslice??...I am giggling, but not sure why. ...what is a homeslice? Do I want to know?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I assume the rooms extra rooms are for privacy. An "attached" room could be utilized by paparazzi with listening devices, and even tiny cameras. She is somewhat of a sex symbol as well as a celebrity. She probably reserves three rooms and sleeps in the middle one. Some celebrites demand entire hotel floors, so that security can be posted at the elevators and stairs!

Also, this sounds like a hoax, because why would a contract have that type of detail, but no fee? Also, why would anyone investigate why the contract was to be shredded? Anything with personally identifying information should be shredded. Now as for the "tip." That should be investigated and punished!

Please don't misunderstand me, Palin is terrible for politics, terrible for the Tea Parties, and terrible as an absentee governor, and responsible for McCain losing my vote. But, the story at hand still sounds pretty weak!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OK, let me get this straignt....Sarah Palin holds a speech at an university, and afterwards someone finds the contract in the trash after the speech was given.

FYI: Any public speaker, whether it be a former President, Vice-President, politician, or any type of public speaker usually has some type of contract, and I guess sometimes they are thrown away afterwards.

But I guess since Palin is such a Political Superstar, her contract would attract a lot of attention. What other speakers thrown away contract would raise this much of a fuss? Algore? Clinton? Bush?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It's something called a rider.

Like Guns and Roses used to demand an oz. of coke and 4 strippers in their dressing room before every show etc..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

It's something called a rider.

Like Guns and Roses used to demand an oz. of coke and 4 strippers in their dressing room before every show etc..

Makes sense. That wasn't "the" contract. It was just a rider, and that is why it ended up in the trash. It was probably just a draft of the actual rider, and it probably didn't contain any identifying information anyway.

How do I get a rider like GnR? If I started off every work day like that, I would be so much more productive!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No doubt.

There are some interesting riders you can find online. Usually what happens is the amphitheater or arena gets these in advance etc. Then some low level goober finds them and posts them online.

There are some funny ones, enjoy.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

she pays for all her own expenses, and that is why this is nothing at all... just something else for people to cry and piss over...

besides I think she is a smart gal and she thinks... seems that is something the hard lefties are very short of now days...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
She had not had the speech yet. The speech is set for June. There had already been inquires into what was in the contract. That was not released before because she apparently has a non-disclosure agreement in her contracts.

The issue over the shredding is you don't normally shred a contract BEFORE the event happens. After thinking about this a while, that sounds like they are trying to cover something up to me.

join