It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO studies should be 'legitimate university subject', claims American professor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

UFO studies should be 'legitimate university subject', claims American professor

www.telegraph.co.uk

The New York anthropology professor said the subject should be part of the mainstream as a serious “area of study”.

The Niagara County Community College, a state university in New York, lecturer said due to the high amount of sightings every year, it should follow that students should be able to investigate phenomenon.

"(A sighting) happens to millions of people (around the world)," he said.

"It's about time we looked into this as a worthy area of study.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

“It's important that the whole subject be brought out in the open and investigated.”

Prof Haseley, who is also head of the Western New York Mutual UFO Network, an organisation that is focused on UFO research, said there were up to 50 UFO sightings are reported every month across region.

He said the group investigated the sightings in a “scientific manner” using field investigation, radar, astronomy and meteorology.

Well this would certainly be an fascinating course to study. Number 1 text would have to equal ATS lol.

So... who's signing up? (if it ever happens)

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well i search and searched before i posted this. But as always the case after i post i find a thread on it.

Here is the thread with no replies:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can direct your replies there. Mods do with this thread as you fit.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

It is hardly a major course of study at this level of knowledge on the subject.

Maybe a course at some colleges, but into what specialization would it fit into? Perhaps if we can discover what they are, and where they come from, entirely new fields of study will open up.

new topics

top topics

join