It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know Aurora is real?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Im a lil confused and so Im hoping someone will help clear the air for me. Ive read in a few other postings about the Aurora Project specifically the plane itself and its supposed capabilities. However there are a few posts where some ATS members claim the Aurora project is "no longer flying" or that the project is scrapped. Im just curious as to how we know such a craft ever existed and if there is any hard evidence to prove it or that there was even a secret project called "Aurora". It seems to me a bit presumptuous to make a claim of factual knowledge about a subject that can hardly be confirmed. So..IS there any facts about the Aurora project or plane itself and can anyone show it? Im not trying to poo on anyones opinion, but Id like a bit more substantative information other than just someones say so. Thanx to anyone who may reply.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I dont know about the plane, but the Aurora Borealis is caused by high energy cosmic rays released from the sun, which get absorbed by the nitrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere, causing them to release pretty light, and make it worth staying up.

The green colour is caused by the oxygen, the reds, and blues are fron the nitrogen.

Just random facts

www.area51zone.com...

Here, information on the aurora you are looking for. not too sure of its accuracy though.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Senz20]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Watch this video by Michael Schratt its really good its on for nearly an hour tho but well worth the watch

Michael Schratt, an aerospace historian regarding top secret craft that he has investigated and documented. As a top notch researcher, he has met with and interviewed many NASA and defense department individuals regarding these classified projects as well as civilians. This impromtu interview reveals important evidence and as well as anecdotes that will fascinate even those who are not wild over cool planes and unidentified craft in our skies today. --Kerry Cassidy, Project Camelot

www.youtube.com...

If someone can embed this for me i'd be gratefull or better still tell me how to do it Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is a pretty intensive thread about it here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an interesting photograph from 1990

blog.nationmultimedia.com...

Here is a good page with some info on it as well.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
thank you everyone for your replies..Ill check out both the thread and the video link and see what is said.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I understand what you are asking.

I will try to straighten it out for you, if possible.

There is only ONE COLD HARD FACT.

# Something VERY FISHY is going on!

Everything else, is mostly speculation, disinfo, misinfo, opinons, etc etc etc.

Oh SOMETHING is going on, But What???

That is for you to decide.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Aurora tech is now part of the public domain.

Just look up scramjet technology. Can push a jet over mach 10.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Aurora tech is now part of the public domain.

Just look up scramjet technology. Can push a jet over mach 10.

Speculation.

You are interpolating this.

I could easily claim scramjet tech was developed through a completely different route.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
There is a pretty intensive thread about it here on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is an interesting photograph from 1990

blog.nationmultimedia.com...

Here is a good page with some info on it as well.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DJM8507]

Nice to see that you have read your own sources - the photo you link to is a fake, and its debunked in your Global Security article.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice

Nice to see that you have read your own sources - the photo you link to is a fake, and its debunked in your Global Security article.

According to the "Global Security" article, the photo was a mock up from some magazine. A very well done, interesting, mock up.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the links! It means a lot to know that contributions are appreciated.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

Originally posted by RichardPrice

According to the "Global Security" article, the photo was a mock up from some magazine. A very well done, interesting, mock up.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the links! It means a lot to know that contributions are appreciated.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DJM8507]

The problem is, I knew *precisely* which photo it was before I clicked on the link
That photo does the rounds periodically, and needs debunking each time.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Canada has been flying the Aurora for years.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

i got curious and i found this

The Aurora, a long-range patrol aircraft able to fly over 9,000 km without refueling and Canada's only strategic airborne land and sea surveillance aircraft. Designed originally for anti-submarine warfare, the Aurora remains capable of detecting the latest generation of stealthy submarines. But its multi-role capability means it's also ready to tackle a variety of different missions.

Link

CP-140 Aurora

personally, i think the following projects may have had lots to do with the Aurora sightings and reports.

Fire in the Sky: Part 1

Fire in the Sky: Part 2

Fire in the Sky: Part 3

Fire in the Sky: Part 4

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is one smoking evidence of Aurora's existense.

In the national budget for USA, there was clearly marked some years ago a "Aurora" that was hugging a HELL of alot of monney, and trust me, it's not a code word for "new plumming in the Pentagon".

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoebus

Aurora was the budget line item for the B-2 Spirit, before it was publicly announced. That's why it hogged so much money, and why it was in the black budget.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As you can see this is my first post, I just found this sight and joined because it seems awesome.

To your question, I have nothing I can show you to prove its existence, but I know its real. You may be asking how do I know 100% for sure that its real, and I know because I have seen this plane myself.

Now I'm pretty sure this is the point where you completely don't believe me, and that's fine. I probably wouldn't believe you if our situations were switched. But please, if only for a brief moment, allow your self to accept my story as fact. I don't get hard parading around forums telling bull# stories to people I don't know. Trust me.

So here's how it happened.

When I was 14 (in 2004), I was flying by myself back to my home state of FL from visiting my family and friends in Ohio for the 4th of July. So this happened around July 10th, 2004. About and 1.5 hours into the 2.5 hour flight, my plane was cruising at 35,000 feet. We were above the clouds and it was midday so the sun was very bright.

I was looking out my window (love the window seat) at the top of the clouds below the plane. Then I noticed something black hovering at what I estimate was about a mile or two away. It was an isosceles triangle, pointing upwards, and it was pitch black. It just hovered there, not moving, and I stared at it for almost a whole minute. Then it basically rocketed from zero to ridiculously fast in a second, and it disappeared. This thing left behind a thin trail of dark gray smoke from where it hovered to where it seemed to disappear. I watched the smoke expand and turn white until my plane had moved to where I could no longer see it.

At this point, I was certain that what I saw was alien. I figured it had to be because it hovered, moved incredibly fast, and seemed to disappear. I was under the impression that it was a black cone or pyramid because assumed I saw its profile and I didn't think it would be wing shaped. When I landed, I told my parents I had seen a UFO and told them the story. They were intrigued but dismissive at the same time.

So I became fascinated with aliens and UFOs, and for several years I truly believed I had seen an alien craft, I had never even heard about the Aurora. That was until I saw it on the History Channel, and let me tell you, that sent chills down my spine. I started doing research on this "Aurora", and that's when I learned that only one dude on an oil rig saw it refueling. He described what I saw exactly in his interview. I know that my sighting is really rare, and that's why no one (at least online) believes me.

Everyone is an expert. So yeah, sorry that was so long. I've seen it, and its #ing awesome. It really makes me proud to be an American. I can't imagine the G-force inside that thing. It went from zero to un-trackable by the human eye in 1 second. I but that # is unmanned.

Like I said, you probably think I'm full of #, but I really don't care. I have seen the Aurora at 35,000 feet, somewhere over the Atlantic Coast. Believe it or not, its true.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Honestly I don't see the Aurora as anything more than a test aircraft that has the only purpose to help test for future aircraft, so it is most likely extremely limited as it is and will stay the ghost it seems to continue to be.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Revealed: US admits to existence of top secret Mach 6 RS-85 ‘Aurora’ spy-plane

Whelp. That's it. Cat's out of the bag now.

I can finally rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

How many people won't even check the date!

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine was stationed in AK when an aircraft similar to that picture flew to the base. He was unable to get much info on it, but I do believe him when he tells of the experience. He has no reason to tell stories that aren't true. He has no idea what the designation is but did hear a little on the propulsion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join