It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism : Irish family flee house after son flung from bed - news article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The link is to the appearance of the article in The Belfast Telegraph of March 19, 2010...no author credited.

Exorcism : Irish family flee house after son flung from bed

An exorcism will be performed on a council house in the Republic of Ireland tonight, amid claims that it is haunted.
The occupants of the house at Hollyhill on Cork's northside have fled, saying it is occupied by an evil spirit that is determined to keep them out.
Laura Burke, her partner Ritchie and her son Kyle are terrified to remain after a spate of bizarre occurrences over recent weeks.
The young couple moved into the house last August.
Today, special prayers will be said at the house to placate the spirit and a 'New Age' shaman (spirit worker) will perform an exorcism.
Laura said holy pictures were routinely being knocked from the wall, screams were heard in the dead of night and their son was flung from his bed.
The family received their greatest shock when they spotted what they described as "glowing orbs" hovering in mid-air in certain rooms of the house.
"It's an evil spirit - I don't believe it means us well," said Laura.
"We tried saying prayers in the house and the next thing all you hear is banging furniture upstairs or clothes being fired out of wardrobes."
Clairvoyant John O'Reilly was invited to inspect the house. He said he immediately felt a "a presence", adding: "There is someone here - someone who is very angry. I get (a feeling) of a younger man who would have hung himself."
However, locals remain dubious about the haunting claims and said nobody recalls previous incidents at the house or any tragedy fitting the descriptions being cited.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems a little unusual to me that, in Ireland, they are wanting a New Age spirit worker to perform an exorcism versus a Roman Catholic priest..."hmmmm"...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I come from a large Catholic family & that is strange about them wanting the New Age Shaman to perform the exorcism. The only thing I can think of is that all exorcisms performed by a Catholic priest must be approved by the Vatican before they can be performed.

Considering that the Vatican is rather 'preoccupied' at the moment with pedophile priests & getting penis statues moved, the family probably didn't want to wait that long.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Yeah, I'm not leaping into slander, just suggesting a possible scenario with the following...let's say they don't like their council house, the joint's a dump, and they know that the Catholic Church does have a higher threshhold standard for doing an exorcism than your average self-aggrandizing purple-robed crystal-wearer, who wants to publicize himself and so is more likely to say "Yes, it was haunted by a fierce spirit, I had to struggle mightily, but fortunately thanks to my great powers I was able to exorcise the spirit"...then they can move back, say "Nope, the spirit's still here", and now they have more of a trail of evidence that could lead to them getting a different, better, "non-haunted" council housing unit...

I must stress, I am not saying that this is actually true of the family, this is just pure suspicious-minded speculation based on the info presented in the article...the info could be organized in other ways equally as well, it's just a thought...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You could be right. I don't know much about Council Houses, but the fact that the locals said that the house had been there for years without problems & no history of violence or death did raise a red flag for me.

Maybe they're just seeking the 15 minutes of fame?

Anything's possible, but I would like to know when the house was built & what may have happened on the grounds. I lived in a haunted house in PA. There wasn't any reason for it to be haunted since my parents built the house, but who knows what happened on the grounds prior to construction.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If you want to tell about your experience in the haunted house, I officially beg to hear about it...I am not at all a fundamentalist materialist, I am quite ready to accept your first-hand account with polite extreme interest...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Well, since you're interested & asked so nicely ....

About a year after my sister was born (she's older than I am), my mom would walk past her bedroom after she's been put to bed & swear she'd heard her giggling. She'd open the door, but my sister was fast asleep.

Later on, she started to hear footsteps in the hallway to the bedrooms & think that we were up. She'd go upstairs to tell us to go back to bed, but we were in our beds asleep. My cousin came to babysit us one time & wouldn't come back since she heard the footsteps as well.

One time when I was watching TV in the kitchen late at night, a plant just fell off the bay window ledge. The window wasn't open & we didn't own a cat.

You would always feel as though someone was staring at you.

We had a 4th bedroom in the house on the lower level by the front door which was used as our toy room. My sister & I would fight over whose turn it was to go in there & get a game because it had such a strange energy about it. Even though the room got afternoon sunlight & no shades on the windows, it was always freezing cold in there.

That's about all I can recall at the moment. Nothing truly evil ever happened, but we never could figure out what was going on or why a spirit had chosen to reside with us. We ended up selling it when I was 10. Since then, it's had several other owners.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thank you for telling me the story. You rule.

I particularly identify with the part about the bad feeling in the room...A lot of times, in my own stories/in my own life, the main thing that happens is some certain feeling or other, the kind of thing that you can't logically explain or properly describe to someone else but which is so unusual that you know something extraordinary is up...and it's hard to share those, for fear of sounding foolish...so again, kudos.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There could be a couple of reasons for the lack of Catholic Excorcism. The criteria was not met. I would have thought their priest would have done a deliverance ritual though. If he did and it didnt help and it didn't meet excorcism criteria then it's understandable that they went outside the church. But most catholics aren't going to an occultist who will "put their soul in jepeordy.

And maybe no complaints at the house because the issue is specific to the child.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You have to remember that ireland was where the druids where. Ireland like uk has long history of pagan peoples.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
G'day All,

Yes, Ireland is still a very Celtic place, magic and witch craft are still practiced.

It is wise to call a real Wiccan for this kind of thing, Catholic Priest's don't know what the hell they are doing, where a Celtic Witch can help in ways that can help, not only the family but the traped spirit or spirits.

top topics

join