It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe divorcing America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its becoming so clear in the IT era...the divorce between Europeans and Americans can no longer be held down...hollywood have for a long time now been bombarding Europe with propaganda movies, showing how they want us to see and recognize the American...

But in the fast growing media stream in many different areas, Europe getting high access to the real life of the american lowclass...middleclass...highclass, and how they are viewing life, money, other citizens, society, war, peace, so on...

The difference between the peoples in the two continents are huge...and maby this is one way to see the popular trend in the EU and why...Europeans no longer want America to be the blueprint for Europe...We simply are to different...

\\OTS

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As an american I would hope America gets allimony and chid support especially for saving them in WWII.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As far as popular culture in England is concerned, I'd be interested to see some specific examples of "rejections" that are taking place, because I'm feeling a little sceptical.

It would be possible to produce a long list of the ways that popular culture has been taking on "Americanised" features over the years, and my own impression is that this is a continuing trend.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
As an american I would hope America gets allimony and chid support especially for saving them in WWII.

As I've said just above, I'm not convinced by the "divorce" theory-

But why are you assuming that America is the "female" side of the relationship? (You know, this metaphor is going to get very complicated)

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Actually, when I was living in England, they tended to be far more pro-America than pro-France or Germany, etc...

Some even became quite offended when I referred to them as european...they claimed either they were western, or simply british...denying their forced linking to the continent.

Therefore, of we are going to divorce Europe, I think we need to talk about where the UK will be spending its summers and weekends...I think the US is best for them.

I mean, Europe can of course have some scheduled time with them...monitored of course.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Saving us in WW2
Your joking right!!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think it may be a case of America divorcing Europe. Even the liberal/left faculty I am surrounded by on a daily basis have trouble identifying with European values. In the late 1970's, I lived in Europe and never thought I'd want to live anywhere else. Now there is simply no realistic condition that would make me move there again. Europeans as a group have become so risk averse that literally nothing is worth defending with force of arms anymore. They pretend a high moral plateau over America, but it is totally, completely meaningless because they have shown zero interest in defending their supposedly altruistic principles. If left to Europe, Greater Serbia would today be a reality, and Kosovars and Bosnians would be rotting in fields. Europe's parliaments have insisted that their armed forces are not placed in any area in Afghanistan where they could be militarily useful. They have become an extension of the Red Cross. If the Islamists seriously wanted to re-conquer the Caliphate, I certainly don't see any evidence that Europeans would fight to maintain their European identity. The only European nation that seems to want to make an effort to remain European in culture is Austria, and I salute them for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And who did you excactly save in ww2 because it was'nt the brits.

You saved the russians, and the rest of the europen countryts. From what I can remember not one German foot soldier set foot on british soil so can you tell me how you so-called yanks, saved us from Hilter?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm thinking Europe, western and eastern are different animals.

And in the divorce the US will keep custody of the UK. You can have the rest of europe.

obtw..... We did save europe in WWII no matter what you think.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Well as a European we are open to many things, so we can happily try to be a woman
just kidding, but we are taking the kids, kidding again...no seriously what i am pointing about and wanted to create a discussion about where, when you is blogging around in Europe many people are concerned about Americans and their, look at money and the man next to you, but also this huge soap opera about the obama care...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

Oh common man now you're dreaming. Can you sit there and tell me that it wouldn't of been a matter of time before Hitler took care of europe. Built up it's military again and crushed the UK?
That's what I would of done. And then after crushing the UK. I would of Nuked the united states if I was Hitler.

Think man. If not for US intervention in the war. The UK population would be speaking German now.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by grey580]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No big loss. At least we don't have to bow and scrape to some 900 year old king and queen types. every country and nation turns on each other quite often it gets old and pathetic.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OddTimeSignature
when you is blogging around in Europe many people are concerned about Americans and their, look at money and the man next to you, but also this huge soap opera about the obama care...

Oh, I see. To be honest, I haven't had much contact with continental popular culture. We need to hear comments from a few continentals (before this suddenly degenerates into an argument about the war).

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

You saved the russians, and the rest of the europen countryts. From what I can remember not one German foot soldier set foot on british soil so can you tell me how you so-called yanks, saved us from Hilter?

Point of information: you forget the occupation of the Channel Islands:

The Occupation of the Channel Islands refers to the military occupation of the Channel Islands by Germany during World War II which lasted from 30 June 1940 until the Liberation on 9 May 1945. The Channel Islands comprise the crown dependencies of the bailiwicks of Guernsey and Jersey which are not parts of the United Kingdom, and also take in the smaller islands, of Alderney and Sark (part of the bailiwick of Guernsey). These were the only portions of the British Isles to be invaded and occupied by German forces during the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
reply to post by grey580

The way some see it US did it for it self...If the Nazis have took over Europe they becomed a super power...and sooner or later the nazis would have coming after America...and this is what you stopped...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by OddTimeSignature]

link   
Europe ought to divorce itself from the US , they are not similar to Europeans , not even to the British. America is similar to a cloud of realism that left the grounding that was birthed in Europe many many years ago. They don't think like us , they have always wallowed in unrealisted idealism, of american dreams, the loss of pragmatism , of reality. You could set foot in the USA , and the people are totally inverse and alien to anything to you have met in Europe. These people would believe that wars of aggression are wars of righteous intent , it is like stepping foot into another world .

I'd prefer a union with Russia. They are a people of a more realistic demeanour. No BS and tales of terrorists et al. We do not need to carry on with pseudo cold wars perpetrated by agents of nations against a closer Russio-Euro tie . We have the technology and the market they need, they have the resources .

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

"America saving them"???
If it was not the bad USSR, now you guys would have to learn German to post online!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

That is funny because the Germans, English, and French all want to train with us..... And we train with them all the time....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

we saved your ass in ww11. This has got to be world dumbest meme.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
I'd prefer a union with Russia. They are a people of a more realistic demeanour. No BSales of terrorists et al. We do not need to carry on with pseudo cold wars perpetrated by agents of nations against a closer Russio-Euro tie . We have the technology and the market they need, they have the resources .

I understand this way of thinking and it seems to be logical...but in some cases the russians are known to be a bit temperamental...and that scares many nations away...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join