It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican asking: Why the Pope, why now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Vatican asking: Why the Pope, why now?

rt.com

The Holy See, reeling from media reports that say Pope Benedict XVI failed to prevent child abuse incidences when he was a Cardinal, is looking at conspiracy theories to explain events.
Yahoo StumbleUpon Google Live Technorati
del.icio.us Digg Reddit Mixx Propeller

First, it must be said that the media’s timing for leveling explosive charges against the Papal office – in the middle of Holy Week and on the eve of Easter, Christianity’s holiest feast day – could not have been more damaging for the Catholic Church. In terms of religious relativism, this was the equivalent of leveling
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Our friends over at RT are posing an interesting question.
It seems to me that the timing and the manipulations of this story do seem arranged to inflict maximum damage.
Zionists? Satanists? Futurists?
Is there a conspiracy here or is it more of the same?
Why is a German Jew from NY the Pope anyway?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor
Zionists? Satanists? Futurists?

Futurists?

Hey, dont shove us in with your mad institutions and chess games...we ignore this silliness overall...keep fighting amongst yourselves and leave us alone.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why the Pope?
A: Because he is the one that sent the letter telling his subordinates to cover up the child molesting.

Why Now?
A: Because that's when it has come to light.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What I meant by futurists was,
"if the futurists see a future w/o pope as being better"
then
"there could be a futurist conspiracy to rid world of said pope."

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

so, no conspiracy then?
Just the normal sick priests doing normal sick things?
business as usual?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by damwel

so, no conspiracy then?
Just the normal sick priests doing normal sick things?
business as usual?

nothing happens in the media by accident

isnt there a movement to undermine and demoralize everyone on planet earth at the moment?

funny that it took 2000 years to 'come to light'

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

The fact they are running about looking for conspiracy theories on which they can blame these events is so very telling IMO-They will do anything to somehow rationalize this as an attack against their religion,anything except for looking at the real reasons,IE that their leader comitted at least one abhorent crime by covering up and allowing child abuse to continue unpunished.

But no...lets blame an international conspiracy to bring down the vatican.
What crap,they should throw the book at RATzinger IMO,and then lock him up for what he has done.

If any of us had done the same,we would be imprisoned-no doubt about it.

Whats so GD special about the rat?
Because he leads the catholic church he is allowed to get away with these unspeakable crimes against children?

Well screw that-Throw away the key I say.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The only conspiracy here is the one that the Pope instituted to cover up the molestation and protect the pedophiles. He deserves whatever bad press he gets as well as anyone else who knowingly shipped the pedophile priests around rather than defrocking them. Why on earth would he hide it or allow it to go on? If they had faced it when it was going on, when all those allegations were coming in and done the right thing, i.e. defrocking and prosecuting the pedophiles, perhaps then the stain on the Catholic church wouldn't be as bad as it is. IMO, it's hard to look at a man who supposedly "speaks for God" and have respect for him when he knowingly and willingly allowed children to be abused.

Just my .02

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As a Catholic in England I can not help but feel this is partly fueled by this Pope attempting to encourage Anglican priests over to the RC church by offering them double salaries and allowing them to bring their wives/congregations with them.

I don't feel the approach of poaching priests like that has done him any favours at all..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
And making ratzinger their leader has a massive part in how the vatican are getting so much bad press...for it makes it seem like those who chose him as pope wanted someone who has covered up crimes in the past.

They wanted a leader who was "on message" so to speak.Therefore the higher eschelons of the vatican are partly responsible for all the negativity we now see being reported.

Yet they will never admit that is the case so carry on whining about "conspiracy theories".

Utterly dark side.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Speaking of dark sides, My mother (in her 60s) and devout Catholic thinks Rat is from the dark side
and so do I, aside from the Child Abuse issue (which is disgusting) I have no idea why I feel that way towards this Pope.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ahahahaha, Ratzinger you evilf|_|cker. The HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE can suck my left..uh..tabernacle.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
1. Why the Pope?

Because the pope is the head of the church, and has been directly linked to exactly the problem. if anyone should suffer, its the entire church. Attacking only the pope is forgiving, if you ask me

2. Why now?

why not now? Hey, because if we havent dealt with it yet... why should we now? now because we've got the goods on the whole church including the pope. now because were ready for when you start lying through your holy freekin teeth.

i hate the church. the Vatican should burn with nothing left standing or alive.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why is a German Jew from NY the Pope anyway?

Do you read what you type before you hit that "reply" button?

Seriously, some of you are just silly. Are you sure hes not a Eskimo Muslim from Trinidad?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just found this,although not directly related,the irony was not lost on me:

The mayor of a town in Malta has called for a "phallic" sculpture displayed close to the main airport to be removed ahead of the Pope's visit this weekend. Mayor John Schembri described the art work as "vulgar" and "embarrassing", saying it should go "as a sign of respect" for Pope Benedict XVI.

news.bbc.co.uk...

We don't want to go offending a pedo enabler do we now...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First of all, this report is a little unusual. A white square? He is so confused by events he is looking to conspiracy theories.........

Nothing is done by chance. Every single thing is a huge drama with brutal consequences to many living creatures great and small, and nature. It always has in it, the seeds of choice. Every huge event is played like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d17cad8cacb.jpg[/atsimg]

The duality. It has such obvious mixtures of information that are all leaked and all presented to us. The official stories, and a hundred holes in the official stories.

We're the ones being tested by life!!!! Surely it should be understood that this world is a matrix and that physics has already revealed some major holes in the fabric of our perceived "reality" placing emphasis on who and what we truly are?

Reality is an illusion. An illusion created by the Mind

In this duality, school run by a fascist dark siders, has everyone thougth they are just idiots how they do things, leaving all their clues in the open, and even informing on themselves?

Think......its always about. Standing still, not reacting, not chosing sides, not jumping on your favorite bad guys bandwagon, not following the moonie like programming of religion, but thinking, and piercing through the veil.

This entire thing is staged by both sides. It involves an issue that all the top leaders are more than guilty of and run the most sickening versions of this, and its in our face again.

Before any further negative future events can take place, they have to test us again.

Only if we remain DARK ourselves, by refusing to see, and to take actions will the worst things come to pass as they have planned.

Its up to us.

All things that have happened should mean, we stop, pay attention adn then storm their offices with millions and millions of emails, letters, phone callse, and even crowds saying, NO WAY! This all ends now.!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Couldn't we ask the Vatican a similar question...Why finally own up to these atrocities now? They have known about this for who knows...years, decades, centuries...yet chose to cover it up. I think the Vatican need to STFU and quit deflecting the issue at hand.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So reporting on bad stuff about the church that appears to be not only true, but widespread, is damaging to the church; yet the actual act isn't?

Because all the child-raping priests get their crimes covered up, and are forgiven, the world needs to go back under its rock?

If the church wants to be taken seriously, they need to make sure these crimes, and the criminals are prosecuted to the extent of the law. Not their law, either. Otherwise they lose all validity.

Make them responsible legally and financially.
Make them pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Heres a wild thought

I am thinking the media is reporting on this because they for some reason object to the spiritual leaders borking young boys and covering it up...

And...why now? Like before this came out, such acts were never heard of before.

The catholics have alot of holidays...chances are, its close to some sort of holiday or holy day...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join