It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God kills people because the US accepts gays.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's my belief that they don't actually believe all that rubbish. This is simply a way to keep themselves in the spotlight and keep donations coming. As you can bet that there are people that silently agree with them and send them donations to keep up what they believe is good work for the lord.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ah, there is nothing more hilarious than non-christian christians!

I would love to create an anti-picket picket to follow these guys about wherever they go and counter them at every point.

God must really hate gays in their eyes! Never mind murderers, rapists, child molesters. Yeah, he kills people because of gays. Good logic

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

yeah the group deserves to be shot on site.

i mean religion is crazy, but most religious people don't truly follow what they should. i commend them for being truthful to their teachings.

but at funerals of our soldiers. they truly should be killed or put on the streets of the middle east

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

In the UK, they would be arrested for a Breach of the Peace, not a criminal offence but is used to diffuse situations where violence can occur.

I remember that TV doc. too. The man who ran the church was a father, who kept control of his family through fear. He was a total nut job!!! like most cult leaders. If he told them to put a gun to their heads , they would do it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The N word in public is only a crime to say if you're white bro, if you're black you can say it to the pope and jesus and its cool.

Not quite true buddy, as far as I know saying the "N" word is not a crime in the US anywhere, however inciting people to commit acts of violence against someone because they are black is a crime. That's the difference, quit confusing yourself, your not the poor pitiful soul, victim of PC, that you are portraying. More right wing lies about PC.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is a disgrace. Surely they can be done for incitement to hatred.

The best thing to do with groups like this is laugh at them. Groups like this will just feed off your anger and rage. They are best ignored. Showing them any attention will just increase their hold over you. Ignore , ignore, ignore.

peace.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't understand why these psychos aren't being arrested for harassment. This is the result of a disease really, a disease of the mind where you don't actually think for yourself, you just read a book and listen to one person's interpretation of it. They really need to start teaching critical thinking skills in school.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I knew I would read through this and find the "they are not real Christians" defense!

Religious cults are SO concerned with other peoples preferences, but too blind to see the pathetic ways of themselves. A persons choice differing from their narrow-minded views just COMPLETELY instills them with absolute rage. For the Christians who havent reached the level of HATE that these idiots have, its only a matter of time. The more you get sucked into this SICK cult of HATE, the closer you get to becoming one of these fools. This applies to ANY ONE of the violent hateful ABRAHAMIC CULTS!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have a question to these so called Christian people.

If homosexuality is a big no, why are there no references to it in any of the gospels? Did Jesus ever speak about it? (it's evidently so importnat that you must interrupt other's personal affairs)

As far as i know, the only reference is in the Old Testament. Do these same gay haters eat pig....... etc.......

Why are modern Christians not only anti-gay, but actually convinced that an all loving teacher like Jesus was too? I really don't get it. Why would Jesus ever hate anyone for something they obviously have no control over. Next they're gonna be swewing things like "God and Jesus hate black people."

It's the 21 century people! Stop worryiong about what God hates and worry about your self!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is the BBC documentary that Louis Theroux filmed regarding the Westboro Baptist Church.

The other parts are in the side bar.

I chose to write a paper about this particular group as part of my university degree this year so I know quite a lot about their 'beliefs'. Just spending a few minutes on their websites is enough to stir the blood.

It's a hard subject to approach considering the whole freedom of speech issue. I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

They are more of a cult than a religious movement. As Roy Wallis defines:

World-rejecting movements view the prevailing social order as having departed from God's prescriptions and from the divine plan. Such movements see the world as evil, or at least as materialistic.

Source

Very much the dark side of religion

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Man this is a tough one. I believe in free speech, and truth be told I think they should be allowed to say what they want, no matter how disgusting and despicable it may be. I do think that some restrictions on where they are allowed to protest should be put in place. As in 5 miles away from the funeral/procession. Having said that, I would probably jump for joy if a wayward big rig careened into one of their little protests.

This group is one of few that really angers me. I despise them for belittling gays and I despise them for cheering our soldiers deaths. I also fail to see how the two are even related.

The other thing that really makes me feel violent is the indoctrination of the children. It's sickening to see little kids wearing shirts that say 'God hates fags'.

Well at least they make me feel like less of a prick.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I never expect these things to be possible in the US, for some reason.. and in this case I've even heard about it before.. I'll just keep on saying it, I'll never understand your country.

Do these people only hang out with their congregation? Aren't they shunned or even threatened? Who the hell do they get along with if they're pissing on the memory of dead soldiers? Aren't conservatives fuming over this? Seems more like a crazy cult to me. They're beyond crazy already.
I guess when it comes down to it no loyalty is stronger than that to your God, not even (supposed) patriotism.

Then again there's mormons and scientologists.. I'm not surprised any longer.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Don't think of America in terms of the isolated inbred.

That is exactly what the people in that video are. They procreate with family and grow up playing with corn. Their education is only what mama tell em, and they grow up thinking that God only loves them. Look at those retards dancing around singing about America. I guarantee none of those children can fill in a blank map with all 50 states in their proper geographic location. But they know God hates gay people?

I'm no genius, but these people scare the living hell out of me. Seriously. Things are bad if insane people like this are being sincere. I'm all for free speech too, but my goodness. Stupidity and hatred has just reached a new level.

Child protective services need to step in and rescue those children before anymore "hayseed harm"can be done. I feel bad for those kids in all seriousness. What's going to happen when they grow older and go out into the world? Or anywhere outside of Kansas for that matter? They're either going to be beaten to death, or die from culture shock. Some of those children are young enough that the brainwashing can be undone.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Don't think of America in terms of the isolated inbred.

I usually don't.. but then there are those too. It's just, there's so much happening in the US all the time.. frankly it just boggles my mind.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Hello Nammu. God hates no one (IMHBO)
He created us with freewill, he doesn't force anything upon us, we force him on others which is a shame.
We try to do his job without being asked first. It is us who places limits on him in so many things and so many ways. Im sure we are quite amusing to him. He is and always will be in control.
Something I have trouble with (control) when I hear the chocolate ice cream in the freezer calling my name....

[edit on 10-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Westboro Baptist Church is NOT a Christian Church. They are sort of like members of the KKK. The KKK are not born-again. You can't hate and WANT to cause others so much pain, and claim to be a Christian. They remind me of Taliban or al Queda Muslims...all they can do is hurt innocent people.

I don't know what murky waters the Westboro Church were baptized in, but, since they are all related, they seem to be into an odd sort of spiritual incest. They are baptized into absolute spiritual hate...and they raise their children in their hate.

To do what they do at peoples' funerals simply explains who they really follow. They do not follow God. They are of Lucifer, who is always before God accusing us until his day of judgment. Westboro IS of the devil. They do NOT know Jesus as their Savior.

You know, Peter hated the gentiles...but he was shown a vision on a roof. The Lord showed him that all flesh is clean. The intent of the Lord was to get him over to Cornelius' house because Cornelius's house was born-again. To Peter, Cornelius was even "more" worse because he was a Centurion (like a Marine). God got him over there. As Peter spoke, the Holy Spirit fell on the House of Cornelius and they baptized them.

Westboro doesn't believe in the bible or they would not be doing what they do. Scripture is plain about how we are to love each other, and to even prefer others before ourselves. Westboro doesn't prefer ANYBODY!! And you will never find a born-again believer in Christ who straps on a bomb, walks into a crowded place, and sreams, "For Jesus!!" as he presses the detonator. Jesus never killed anyone. Jesus would never demonstrate at a funeral and hate.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is a link to the personal writings of one former member who ran away from the church years ago. They guy explains how the old man, Phelps, constantly berated and physically abused family members. After reading his story i can safely assume that old man Phelps is in dire need of medication and was probably abused himself as a child.

I am by no means a psychologist, but the phrase "thou dost protest too much" does hold weight with me. This old man Phelps is probably a deep seeded closet homosexual himself. For such extreme behaviour to take place over the course of years, there is always a reason behind it. Nothing this radical happens inside a healthy environment.

You can read about the escapee below. His name is Nate, and his story is interesting.

natephelps.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join