It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Americans Define Freedom?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Freedom is no regard for the law that tries to put you in bonbage while you're in your pursue of happiness. We supposedly have the right to pursue happiness. But the country is a big hypocrite and a liar. Does anyone actually think the country wants people happy or wants people to pursue their own version of what happiness is to them?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaseninja
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

you may have misunderstood me it doesnt confuse me. you asked for what i thought freedom was thats what i believe freedom is. do i think we should have that complete freedom? no i know how laws can help.

i may have misunderstood. sorry. i was just babbling on about how i felt i guess after reading your post.

Thanks for specifying how you felt and what freedom means to you. I appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
our FREEDOM is based off of the rule of the constitution. idealy inocent until proven guilty which defies much of what the world already assembes as far... Yet it is curroding.... Ask the brits about that...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
Freedom is no regard for the law that tries to put you in bonbage while you're in your pursue of happiness. We supposedly have the right to pursue happiness. But the country is a big hypocrite and a liar. Does anyone actually think the country wants people happy or wants people to pursue their own version of what happiness is to them?

I REALLY LIKE your first statement. And can agree with your perception.

I see laws and money in bed togather doing i am not sure what.

In the last 10 years we have all witnessed companies like EXXON MOBILE making an annual profit of 35 BILLION DOLLARS and paying the IRS not even one dime because of the laws!!!!

MEANWHILE the RULER$$$$ Make the RULE$$$

IN THE LAST 10 YEARS we have all witnessed a CORPORATE ECONOMICALLY RAN AMERICA MISPLACE/LOSE 800 BILLION+ DOLLAR$$????

Answer? More laws? We got here by faulty laws and breaking them anyways. If We had the power to enforce existing laws we wouldn't have gotten to where we are.

Personnaly i'm beginning to seriously wonder if Corporate entities aren't using information and informational technologies to blackmail or "own" our governmental leaders altogether.

Where are we at and where are we heading?
Who is the captain, who's hands are on the steering wheel?

Opinion dictates priorities
Priorities dictates intentions
Intentions dictate opinion

Inbetween societies regardless of labels simply use emotions, fear and hate, and lusts, to create a system dependant upon money and laws.

Even George Washington himself said:
"America is not a nation of men, but rather a nation of laws"

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
one of the biggest differces between Americnan's and the wolrd is American's are inocent until proven guilty.. Hence the constition, and if you do not fight to perserve that you are nolonger an American...

"yeah I said it"

hate me for it.....

It would only make sense with such a world that lacks balance, hence your constition.....

Yet as I was told by the wise.. revel...

and I shall..

try to teach me otherwise tells me... Welll The experiment failed....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Freedom is a beautiful concept and should be ardently pursued by people of all stripes.

However, it maintains many different meanings.

When early colonialists arrived in North America, they confronted a thinly-populated continent bursting with plenty of space and natural resources. It naturally evoked concepts of freedom. If you weren't happy with your lot, it wasn't that hard for most people (minus slaves and some other unfortunates, of course) to pull up stakes, head a few hundred miles west, and set up their own farm, factory, or range.

Those days are gone so the visceral, intuitive meaning of freedom no longer applies.

However, as stated, we should all continue to pursue freedom in whatever appropriate forms we can.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

gone....

seriously... That is sad...

Can it really be true,,,

Love of thine life.. Holding thine heart and soul... As a aspect fulfilling the dream... Wow I am underestimating the failure, by an exausting fold... It may really be true... Blood falling means nothing to the mouths trying to hold the howlering of divine plans... So careful...

yeah i am awake tonight.... Fool someone else... Everyone else... For that matter...

I am still breathing..... Got lotsa pigs man,, to stand in front of me..
revel in the mud....

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
freedom?

Where i can ridicule my government on the internet and not have government officials show up to my door to arrest me and kill my family.

Thats what i think most of in this country when someone asks me such a ridiculous question.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
freedom?

Where i can ridicule my government on the internet and not have government officials show up to my door to arrest me and kill my family.

Thats what i think most of in this country when someone asks me such a ridiculous question.

BUT THE INFORMATION we depend upon to ridicule our government is REGULATED BY OUR GOVERNMENTS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join