It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in In Night Vision Video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Slippery Jim.....

It took me a while but I found a video showing a B2 with both its navigation and landing lights on. Its a very short clip 9" into the video.

Note that the landing lights are attached to the undercarriage so would only be visible in a wheels down configuration.

Thanks for that!

So to my mind, that appears to exclude the B2 as the identity of the object in the video.

Do you agree?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Did someone already identify this as a kite? If not, that is what I believe it to be.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by airspoon
This looks like an ordinary stealth aircraft with IR lights. IR is visible with NVGs and in fact, just the technology that the military uses.

Airspoon.....

Can you help us by verifying the light configuration & the aircraft in question?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not, any IR lights/reflectors for NV identification purposes would most likely be classified, as the purpose of such lights/reflectors/markers is for ground command to identify the aircraft. Even if we could identify one set of markers, it wouldn't necessarily mean that they would all be the same.

With that being said, I don't know for sure whether that information is classified, though what I am almost certain of, is that those are IR lights on a US/western military/intelligence (government) aircraft. That's exactly what you would expect to see with military freq IR lights through NVGs.

--airspoon

Edit to add: Sorry for the late response, I didn't see your reply until now.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thanks for that!

So to my mind, that appears to exclude the B2 as the identity of the object in the video.

Do you agree?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I totally agree that this object is not a B2 stealth bomber for 3 reasons:

1) As stated, the landing lights would only be visible on final approach to touchdown and this was flying high and fast. Serious damage could be done if the undercarriage was down.

2) The delta shape of the object was very acute, rather than the B2's which is more obtuse.

3) All fixed-wing aircraft are required to display strobing nav lights (red for port and green for starboard.)

So, whatever it was, it wasn't a B2.

Edit to reply to airspoon: Yes, military aircraft do have IR lights but when flying over civilian airspace they must conform to the rules and have coloured strobes visible. There were no strobes on this craft. I could imagine USAAF bending the rules for a black project but the B2 is no longer black and a true black project would not be flown over populated areas.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Slippery Jim]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It reminds me of a UFO sketch I saw but seem to have trouble finding. The one at the link below isn't the one I was thinking of, but it's basically the same. It was seen in Canada a couple months after this footage was taken.

Flying-V

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's birds. Which is why you couldn't see the object with the naked eye. Probably dark colored geese.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's birds. Which is why you couldn't see the object with the naked eye. Probably dark colored geese.

Birds move in relation to one another. These lights didn't. They were absolutely constant in their formation which suggests they were all connected to the same thing.

I'm not saying it was an alien craft. All I'm saying is it was a construct and it wasn't a B2.

Exactly what it was is still open to conjecture.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think this looks like a Nighthawk but the light pattern is wrong. Cant tell of it has a tail section it is not a compete triangle more like a v. The lights seem brighter possibly from the halo effect due to the night vision. Could be a TR3B but the TR3B has 4 lights. Still the thing i have issue with is the light pattern? Far too fast to be a group of birds.

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
It reminds me of a UFO sketch I saw but seem to have trouble finding. The one at the link below isn't the one I was thinking of, but it's basically the same. It was seen in Canada a couple months after this footage was taken.

Flying-V

Looks similar but this had a set of 5 lights? This one is odd, unless some birds really were booking. Could be some new hardware we have not seen yet.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim

Birds move in relation to one another. These lights didn't. They were absolutely constant in their formation which suggests they were all connected to the same thing.

I'm not saying it was an alien craft. All I'm saying is it was a construct and it wasn't a B2.

Exactly what it was is still open to conjecture.

Actually, look at it around 0:38-0:48 (as the camera is doing that really annoying turn and spin) and you can see the obect(s) or light(s) changing in relation to each other.

Judging by how the object looked before the camera movement, it's tough to say it wasn't just perspective, but it really looks like a flock of birds to me.

Here are some examples:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
I think this looks like a Nighthawk but the light pattern is wrong. Cant tell of it has a tail section it is not a compete triangle more like a v. The lights seem brighter possibly from the halo effect due to the night vision. Could be a TR3B but the TR3B has 4 lights. Still the thing i have issue with is the light pattern? Far too fast to be a group of birds.

Originally posted by DarthChrisious

Flying-V

Looks similar but this had a set of 5 lights? This one is odd, unless some birds really were booking. Could be some new hardware we have not seen yet.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

Not a Nighthawk for the same reasons it isn't a Spirit.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEyeActually, look at it around 0:38-0:48 (as the camera is doing that really annoying turn and spin) and you can see the obect(s) or light(s) changing in relation to each other.

Judging by how the object looked before the camera movement, it's tough to say it wasn't just perspective, but it really looks like a flock of birds to me.

Here are some examples:

You've shown jpg static images to demonstrate your opinion of a moving image.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I believe that a video linked to on the first page, posted by Reevster, does contain a possible match of what's being shown on this video. Here is a picture of what Michael Schratt called the "SOFTA CRAD" by Boeing.

tinypic.com...

If you view the video Reevster linked to, you will find the aircraft talked about in detail at 35 minutes in. The link for the youtube video again is www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Every stealth aircraft has its landing lights built integrally into the undercarriage. This is so that in high-altitude, high speed mode its radar signature is reduced. When you retract the undercarriage you take the landing lights with them.

This is no flavour of stealth craft. Especially not a B2 as, even if it had landing and nav lights on at the same time, it would have appeared as a cranked delta.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Slippery Jim because: Missed a comma.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Cole DeSteele…..

1- Are most of us here thinking that this craft (Pablo's) is at an orbital altitude? Seems like that was the consensus at the beginning...I don't agree with this, b/c if the ISS is the size of a football field and all we can see of it here is a small dot of light, how retardedly hugestic would this thing be...even one of its lights would be ??? to be seen this defined even with the zoom of the IR goggles. This thing is much closer to the ground. The visibilty of the lighting array gives that away.

I don’t think ”most of us here thinking that this craft (Pablo's) is at an orbital altitude” because I think most people realise that we cannot accurately estimate the distance, height, size or speed of the object.

2- No audio, so no proof not an RC. What better way to fly these at night than with an IR lighting array and a pair of goggles to better track/ control it? OK maybe not a question.

On the one hand…..

I don’t think we can totally exclude an R/C plane as the identity of the object.

On the other hand…..

I don’t think we can prove the object is an R/C plane.

3- Does anyone actually think these are birds?

It is my impression there are not many members ”actually think these are birds”.

I don't.

Neither do I.

Well, my opinion is clear I suppose

Ummm…..

That would be a “negative”!

What is your opinion?

although I can't rule out CGI, either.

On the one hand…..

I don’t think we can totally exclude the object being CGI’d into the film.

On the other hand…..

My subjective / qualitative “feel” for this video is that it is not so “CGI ish”.

I also note we have the witness commentary via his posting in this thread.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar
Did someone already identify this as a kite? If not, that is what I believe it to be.

Asperglar.....

I am not aware that anybody has identified this as a kite.

I feel the nature of the object in the video is not that of a kite.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon.....

That's exactly what you would expect to see with military freq IR lights through NVGs.

For what purpose or purposes are such IR lights used?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So what do you think that object is?

My opinions on this are here

Night Vision UFO's Clear footage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>