It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter Theme Park - Opening Soon (Orlando, FL)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.universalorlando.com...

Personally, I've been waiting to see this for a while. I've visited Islands of Adventure a few times while they were building it, and I've seen some glimpses here and there, but haven't been too recently... The wife and I have annual passes to Universal/Islands of Adventure, but only get to go about 3 times a year or so...usually just making a weekend out of it.

Can't wait until this opens.
Opens on June 18th, so getting closer.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes been waiting for ages!!!

Me and my friend are coming over next year just for this
simply cannot wait!!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Awww, man!!
:bnghd: Now I really want to be in the US.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm planning to go in June, probably opening weekend (if not, then the week after)..

Trying to finalize it all this week, with some friends who are going too. I'll post a review with pics, when I get back.

EDIT: Although our plan to go to the parks will be in June, we'll actually be in Orlando on Sun/Mon Memorial Day weekend, so we're thinking about heading over there to check it out, and see if the soft opening is going on....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My wife and I have been looking forward to this. However, we will likely wait until next year to go....once the "new" has worn off of it. I imagine this summer that place will be a nightmare, so far as crowds and line waiting goes.

I figure a year will also allow them to sort out any glitches in the system...there are always unforeseen problems when something like this initially opens up.

Nonetheless, we can't wait!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Our plans are all set.

We'll be in Orlando anyhow this weekend, so we're going to stay an extra night, and check out the park to see if there will be a soft opening (if not, we'll just do the typical Islands of Adventure attractions...).

We have reservations for the opening weekend (man, that was not easy, but finally done...there were no openings at the resort hotels, and I hate lines, so we eventually managed to get the rooms though...pays to be a long-time customer)...

I'll post pics of the park as soon as we get them...hopefully we'll see the new park this weekend...*crosses fingers for a soft opening*.....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just finalized the plans!

As I mentioned earlier, we'll head over to the park on the 31st, just to see if there is a soft opening...but, we've got hotel reservations (and park season passes) to go opening weekend (the hotel keys should help with the line problems)....

I'll post pics if we can get in on the 31st, but if not, I'll post after the opening weekend trip. It was not easy getting reservations...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Can`t wait to see the pics!

Have fun!!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, even if they aren't having the soft opening, I should be able to find vantage points to get some pics of inside the new park. The vacation package for the Brits starts today, so hoping I'll find out today whether or not the soft opening is really happening.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Awesome! I got to go in!

They were having a soft opening for those who had the vacation packages, and hotel guests, from 8am - 12pm each day, so we were able to get in Monday morning, and it was incredible.

I'll post pics, commentary in a separate thread...but they did a great job of really making you feel like you were in that world. Hogwarts is simply breathtaking....

top topics

join