It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These Photos of Chemtrails or Contrails?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Essan, when you have to open you post with an insult, you show yourself as well, not worth my time or effort.

Thanks though for your useless input.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
greeneyedleo, I didnt mean to come off like a jerk about the 'camp' thing... Was just trying to see where you are with this issue.

Im open to any realistic idea about what all these things are. I do lean to the one side though. Im not an expert in anything really, and I dont want to seem like Im a CSI member or anything either. But when I get some more samples and send them off, Id be glad to post the results here for all to see, regardless of the results.

I have NOTHING to gain by saying this is going on do I? Nope. I just want to know what Im breathing in.

As to Labs, I dont know where to send it, does anyone have any idea who or where could do this and be completely trust worthy and independent?

Im open to any and all suggestions?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Essan, when you have to open you post with an insult, you show yourself as well, not worth my time or effort.

How and where have I insulted anyone?

btw what was the point of all your photos of contrails? I think the ones in my gallery (see link in my sig) are much better

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

In the post I'm 'replying' to...nice, (if blurry, but recognizable) telephoto shot of the airplane making the contrails.

EXACTLY how it should look, and EXACTLY how they form --- directly behind the engines, as it is the hot exhaust gases that result in contrails' formation.

The rest of the series of photos?

Shows contrails that linger. This is nothing new. They sometimes will dissipate rapidly, but when temperature and humidity is right, they will remain. IN FACT, they increase because of the same, the VERY SAME reasons that ordinary, everyday CIRRUS clouds form, and cirrus form all by themselves, as a part of normal weather patterns.

Contrails are, in effect, 'artificial' clouds. Nothing more (except, of course, they are polluted with the niormal things you find in the exhaust gases....the ordinary things you find in the exhaust fumes).

AS TO your reference to "patents" --- this has already been brought up, many times, other threads, and discussed to death.

A 'patent' is just an intellectual property 'guarantee' on an idea. NOT all patents can actually be made into working prototypes, they don't have to, is not requirement.

Additionally, all references you run across (and you will) about various methods being considered regarding climate control (or better term, mitigation) are, as mentioned, BEING CONSIDERED. Studied. Possibilities, should (if, when or whether) they become necessary, some time in future.

Jury still out on possible human contribution to cllimate change (I say it is, but may not be as bad as suggested) bu tno one knows for certain, yet.

Meantime, contrails DO have an effect --- but not going to stop us from flying airplanes any time soon....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Essan, in response to my post you opened with name calling. You didnt call me a strawman?

Or did I read that wrong...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I took these a few minutes ago. The "trails" started to disperse a little before I took the shots. I see these from time to time over my area. So... chemtrails or contrails?

disclamer: Detroit Metropolitan Airport is east of my location. It's about 20 miles away. Probably just contrails.

If you ask me, they look like chemtrails, I think. But what does it matter anyway?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Also, if our govts of the world are gunna tax us and form a global govt... Why would them spraying us through jets fuel to prevent it?

The patents may not be in effect, but when they say how theyd do it, and stuff just like that is being done... I know what Im gunna believe.

Im not debating the existence of contrails, or that they can last. But I do not believe for one second that they form into the clouds Im seeing over my home. NO WAY

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Any comments on the patent I referenced, or is that NOT a fact?

Pictures get people on death row in our country. I have thousands of all white, unmarked planes spraying all day almost everyday.

You say I need to show you fact... Well, wheres yours that that say what Im seeing, reading, and completely understanding is just my imagination?

If the govts of the world are gunna tax us for global warming... And theres patents and studys and chemtrail legislation, Im gunna use that as some facts instead of an article written in the 70s.

You dont think if they honestly bought the global warming scam they wouldnt spray the sky to try to slow or stop it?

Also, any swabs or samples I take are not to prove this to anyone but me and my family. You might not be concerned, but we are. Id like to know what Im breathing in on a daily basis.

We use depleted uranium on people all over the world... But spraying us is out of the question.

How about the admission from the UK govt in 2002 via The UK Guardian...

Isnt that a fact? Or are your facts the only ones that are true and relavent in this matter? Do you have any images of contrails or chemtrails? Samples?

Air samples are great, and would be of much use, but since pollution is in the air too, wouldnt your requirements for soil samples be mute... How about water samples... If I put a container with sterilized water out while theyre spraying, wouldnt that be ok?

Im just curious if you or any one else saying they dont exist does anything other than read afew old articles and say everyone else is wrong?

Im atleast trying.

Pictures alone do not get people on death row. That is absolutely false. There are many factors involved for someone to be sentenced.

Collection samples from the ground will prove absolutely nothing. Way too many variables involved and absolutely impossible to point any results to something way up in the sky. Collection rain water wont help. Too many variables. Again, regardless of where a sample is taken, unless you are using proper collection and handling any results will be null and void. Why do you think its imperative that crime scene and lab techs follow very strict guidelines and procedures for collection and handling evidence? You want to know what you are breathing? You need to find a way to get air samples FROM the exact [alleged] "chem"trail you are seeing.

BTW. I dont read old articles. I look at logic and reason and what experts say. Experts: scientists, weatherman, etc.

If you are really open, as you claim you are, I suggest you read this site regarding the science behind contrails, which provides facts that those trails we all see in the skies are nothing but CONtrails. Every question you have is answerd there.

Oh and p.s.
I was not offended by the camp thing. I dont get offended easily

[edit on April 13th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The death sentence was sarcasm...

Weatherman? I wouldnt call any weatherman an expert. Sorry, but when they cant even get it right half the time...

As to proper guidlines for a lab tech... Well, sinc everyone on planet earth knows they get it wrong too, and alot, why would I set my own standards from theirs?

I dont trust their standards as is. Plenty of innocent people have been locked away due to BS labs. Thats not false, nor made up.

My standards are this. If I go outside my house and I set a glass of water while theyre spraying, when thats tested, Im fine with the ways in which I took the sample.

I dont need to go to any school for common sense. Air sapmles are easy too. Change the filter on an aircleaner or ac unit and run it while theyre spraying. I know, I know. Not up to par... But this isnt for you, or court, or CSI. Its for me to know what Im breathing in. If its contaminated with other pollution, well, I want to know whats in the air.

Ive been to that site. Its got some great info too. But not everything, nor are they the final word.

I trust my eyes, and my gut.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Essan, in response to my post you opened with name calling. You didnt call me a strawman?

Or did I read that wrong...

Sorry, I was making reference to it being a straw man argument

I assumed you'd realise. My fault

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No worries... Its the first time anyones said that to me and it didnt compute... My bad. Usually I pick up on that type of stuff.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Weatherman? I wouldnt call any weatherman an expert. Sorry, but when they cant even get it right half the time...

Then why dont you research how upper air meteorology works then? Not all of us are in the forecasting section you know

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I took these a few minutes ago. The "trails" started to disperse a little before I took the shots. I see these from time to time over my area. So... chemtrails or contrails?

They look like chemtrails to me. Contrails seem to disappear soon after the jet passes & do not form long lines. I've noticed that chemtrails start to expand & resemble normal clouds after awhile. JMO

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by someotherguy
Contrails seem to disappear soon after the jet passes & do not form long lines. I've noticed that chemtrails start to expand & resemble normal clouds after awhile. JMO

Everything single chemtrail thead, someone comes up with this complete nonsense.

Normal contrails have been observed persisting and spreading across the sky since the dawn of air travel, and the reasons for it happening, and indeed the climatic consequences, have been extensively studied all over the world since the 1950s.

I suppose it's a bit like people saying that you shouldn't swim straight after eating? A common belief but one without any scientific validity whatsoever - yet the more people repeat it the more they believe it must be true.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

They look like chemtrails to me. Contrails seem to disappear soon after the jet passes & do not form long lines. I've noticed that chemtrails start to expand & resemble normal clouds after awhile. JMO

Essan has already answered this, but I'd like to "second" what he said to back him up on this...

Whether or not a contrail spreads out depends on the air temperature and humidity conditions at altitude. Under the right conditions -- which are very common -- a CONtrail can easily be persistent (lasting an hour or more) and spread out to become a cloud.

Spreading contrails are not new; normal CONtrails from normal passenger jet airliners can persist and spread out. People who think that contrails cannot persist and spread are misinformed.

I suppose this myth persists because unscrupulous people make money selling this lie in books and on "chemtrail" websites.

Since the beginning of high-altitude flight, spreading and persistent contrails have been common. As I mentioned already elsewhere in this thread, farmers since the 1950s have complained that spreading contrails are causing artificially cloudy days.

Here's a link (which I posted already on this thread) that shows examples of contrails throughout history:
Contrail Photos Through History

[edit on 4/14/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've only read a few of the posts on this thread so forgive me if i've missed something big.

Those pictures to me look like chemtrails. I live about 20 mins north of Detroit,Michigan and those are pretty much what I see on clear sky days.

On a completely clear day, there are numerous jets/planes criss-crossing across the sky. It goes from a clear blue sky day to a complete haze as those chemtrails/clouds spread out. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this...

I am not sure if anyone has sent something up there to collect air samples..but myself and a friend of mine are in the planning of stages of doing just that. We are looking to send up a weather balloon..similar to the ones you've seen hobbyists sending up to take pictures of the earth. We are looking to attach a air filter of sorts to collect some samples as it goes through this haze that we see. Once it's done it's job (popped or if we do a automatic release) we'll track its decent with gps. We then will have the air samples analyzed.

I'll be posting more here on ATS about the whole build process through collection and analysis of the air samples.

-Ka0ticstyle

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ka0ticstyle

Good deal. Will be looking forward to your results.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think that what really needs to take place with this situation is to contact a Lab that can test air samples for any contaminent and go up there in an aircraft where people think there are major chemtrails and get samples, get them tested and publish the findings...
I would bet there are private investors that would fund this sort of operation also, but not sure where to look at this point....

Ahhh, just saw the poster above me here with the very same idea after posting...
I would love to see how this pans out..

[edit on 17-4-2010 by UfoSpecial]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Contrails seem to disappear soon after the jet passes & do not form long lines. I've noticed that chemtrails start to expand & resemble normal clouds after awhile. JMO

Everything single chemtrail thead, someone comes up with this complete nonsense.

Is someone threatened by the fact that we're noticing chemtrails? Normal contrails do not form straight-line "clouds" that expand over time to look like clouds. We are on to you people.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not sure if these are chemtrails...but.....I have a feeling they are.

71 degrees today and we started with blue skies.

Add a few more jets.....

Whooo hooooo...it's cloudy with a chance of chemsoup in the sky.

I wish I could of taken better photos of these trails, because you could actually see the haze forming a yellowish tinge in the sky. YUCK!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join