It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some weird dreams for me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey, maybe you guys can answer me this?

I've had a handful of dreams where I seem awake but I can not move. I try to scream/talk to see if I am awake or not. The thing is, it seems like I'm pinned down, and I hear voices and screams in total pitch black. Like my body is being totally controlled. Any idea what may be causing this? bad food? or maybe some other kinda problem deep within? Maybe I am overreacting.
Maybe you have had the same kinda experience?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Please view this thread:

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is also a "symptom" of alien abduction...

Another possibility is that research indicates that, for most people who are asleep, the brain "dampens" the nerve-inducted signals for voluntary movement...For the most part, this is what keeps people from accidently injuring themselves by excessive thrashing around during a nightmare.

Then again, maybe it was just too much pepperoni on the pizza...
...Hey, we can't really rule out *any* possibility without more informative details to consider, can we?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe this link will elabotate on what MD was saying:

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/1999/07/09/MN56310.DTL

I can't get the end of this link to be included

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by ProudAmerican]

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the other night i had a really weird dream also!
i was in a two story house and someone with a huge knife was chasing me. and we were going in circles around this kitchen area. he would come from the left and almost get me everytime. then i would run around and trip him and then *in an instant* i would be standing up looking out the window at the driveway and the guy who was chasing me would be looking up into the window. then *in an instant* he would be back up in the room next to me. and start chasing me around again. it went on about 3 times when finally i stopped running as he was coming after me and said 'take me to someplace calm and peaceful' then i sat up in bed! the whole time this guy was chasing me there was a mother/daughter standing in the house watching the whole thing...

it was crazy. has anyone else had crazy dreams or know what this is all about?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Here's another link about sleep disorders, hope it helps:

content.health.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think NewParadigm was talking more about interpreting the *content* of his dream...Not really referring to the types of disorders mentioned in that article. However, when he "forced" himself awake to get out of the dream, it sounds like he used a basic "Lucid Dreaming" technique...Even though sleeping, he was able to force himself out of the dream by *wanting* to escape. Other techniques involve taking conscious *control* of the "dreamscape" & actively turning the dream into what he wants it to be.

Heh! I just ran across that same article earlier today & was thinking about posting it on the forums...But since you beat me to it, I'll just link to this thread if I see a need to refer to that article.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yeah what you said reminds me of carlos castaneda books.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I had a similar experience, only mine was dealing with aliens...the thing that really speaks to me is when you say that you could not move. I couldnt move either with my experience. My belief is you suffered from sleep paralysis. Studies show that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) suffers from this at least once in their lifetime. You showed the classic symptoms (being aware, yet unable to move). Sleep paralysis has been linked to people who think that they have been abducted by aliens or had experiences with demons or satan. It all depends on your beliefs. For example, if you are a religous person you will probably think you are being visited by satan or demons of some sort. If you are tied up in paranormal phenomena you will most likely think you are being visited by E.T.'s. Does this make any sense to you?

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
but for me, the aliens aren't in cause :

In The dream I had, only under certains circumstances, I feel my body like being catch in an electrical flow. I cannot control my body and I always needed to male an intensive physical effort to wake up. It was a very strong sensation of being oppress and tetanized.
I realized that it was in fact a microwave radar tests because of the particular conditions of this dream :
A l'epoque, I'd lived in a room near versailles-satory site, and in this place there was a big TV hertzian tower. I'd never had this dream in another place. I alway had this in my first sleep (Called in french Paradoxal sleepin).
The place I used to live a this time is a sort of "military center", in Versailles, call SATORY :

(I put a search engine link!)

fr.altavista.com...

I think it because in deep sleep the brain is too "slow" to react to a Microwave signal. I also learn that the US

posted on Mar, 16 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I've had similar activities happen to me as well, I am very familiar w/what you're talking about. It can be symptons of that which can relate to alien manipulation. Or sometimes also it's that state between sleep/non-sleep whereas the subconscious mind and conscious mind(s) are merging. I've researched it alot over the past w/books dealing with the mind and dreams, etc..Some of the Zen masters or Taoists and several New Age people believe that is the state where the subconscious mind is vulnerable for "sculpting & molding", basically conditioning and training whether it be you as the person doing the "mental training" or foreign energies. Either way, it sometimes is a disturbing state to be in 'specially when you don't know a damn thing that's happening to you. But, make the most of it..That's all I can say, don't be "scurred". P's.

[Edited on 16-3-2003 by Solisorcasus]

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
yes i drempt(sp?) that i was really awake trapped inside my sleeping body. i could just barely see my closet doors but could not wake up. i tried to talk but couldnt, only a murmur like a moaning. i woke up real tired and with no energy. that was 3 yrs ago

recently i have been dreaming of black hooded figures, masons, owls, flying, floating. i have 3 dream books but they all seem to be 'teen selling b.s', ya know? i want to know what this means b/c my dreams are very vivid and memorable.

even when i know i am dreaming and try to control it, i cant get what ia want.

i have had 3 dreams about apocolypse w/ lunar eclipses.

many about gargoyles and sharks...

what the hell does all this mean anyway?

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had a situation like that to. It was no dream! I was asleep, then I started to feel a STRONG electric tingling sensation through out my body where I couldn't move. I was COMPLETELY AWAKE at this point! I was really scared to open my eyes. I tried to call out for my brother, but I had no voice! I thought that it was a demon entering my body. The craziest part was that it felt like my whole body was seval inches off the floor! In fact I cannot honestly say that I wasn't off the floor! It was crazy! I didn't want to open my eyes or move even if I could. The electric energy thing was extreemly scary as well! Did this sound like anyone else's experience(s)?
That was by far the scariest thing to ever happen in my life!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That sounds precisely like sleep paralysis. You should look it up on a search engine.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Whatever, I heard that what your going through is a process in which you leave your body at night and or coming back to enter your body something called Astro..Something and I believe in it too. You like go visit the past or you just hang around your body just watching yourself sleep no wonder why you feel watched or followed. SYMPTOMS: shock, pressure[you can't breathe], can't talk, can't move.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I woke up early this morning and got up had breakfast etc. Then I went back to bed for an hour. And from what i can make of it, I don't think I was asleep i sorta drifted off knowing I was awake if you know what I mean, as it turn it out it what was most bothering me, a few friends of mine, and who are real etc this was in the dream and very vivid and I was constantly on the move... Yet I woke up, but it was weird as hell it was like i need to get up to get lunch, yet I knew this in my dream... bam not a bother on me went to get some luch as if I was just thinking about something "not like waking up state" Almost like lucid, I hope I explain this ok.

It blew me away!!!

fum

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah it does sound like sleep paralysis.

And if you want to interpret you dream just go here.
www.dreammoods.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I had an unpleasant dream I don't want to talk about it.It was very real.And when I tried to wake up I couldn't move.
And once I saw a tiny person.

I beleive in ghost spirit's they are real I'll prove they are real when youre in heaven or afterlife just remember what I said.

top topics

join