It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb explodes near Northern Ireland army base

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I can tell you now...there'll be no deflections from a papal visit.
It'll be the opposite...however the pope will obviously not condone what those scum have done because he publicly can't.

It is absolutely ridiculous that you think the vatican have orchestrated these goings-on.

Don't get me wrong - I believe the vatican and their figurehead are the most corrupt and self-serving business/cult this world has to deal with, but the vatican would not dole out instructions to a few 'hood-rats' from the backstreets of Belfast. Saying that gives these loosers importance which they do not deserve.

The only ones responsible are the low-lifes who continue to believe their way is the right way. We'll not put up with it and I'm sure the mainstream Republicans won't either. It's pure murder for the sake of murder - only hidden flimsily behind a political agenda

The decent majority of us - Unionist and Republican may not be united in their wishes for a united Ireland, but we'll stand united against the scum who strive to keep us in the past.

Much love...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Sorry but your theory holds no water whatsoever.

Surely if The Vatican wanted to deflect attention from it's grossly horrific doing's then it would try to find a more convenient fall guy.
And let's face it, there is a blatantly obvious one; Muslim extremism.

I am certain The Vatican, with all it's resources etc, could quite easily secretly orchestrate a campaign against the doing's and teachings of militant Muslims which would in turn turn public attention away from the peodophile priests.

This attack was carried out by a very small number of individuals who have very, very little support either side of the border and it is heartening that the people from both sides of the divide are united in their stance against these bullies.

The Real IRA are nothing more than ageing gangsters who rue their loss of control over the people of their community and want a return to the days when they ruled through the threat of kneecappings etc and enjoyed the wealth derived from protection rackets and drug and gun smuggling and dealing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by riley

Whatsoever? Well that was a quick turnaround..

Surely if The Vatican wanted to deflect attention from it's grossly horrific doing's then it would try to find a more convenient fall guy.

That would be a little risky. An IRA bomber would NOT try blow up the Vatican.. a Muslim extremist might however. Do you think all out war with a powerful and politically unstable religion convenient..? That approach could trigger another world war three! Blaming the IRA keeps it contained within the christian denominations. Blaming muslim extremism draws a line in the sand and right now the last thing the Vatican would want is to provoke it's enemies into attacking while it's at it's most vulnerable.

The Real IRA are nothing more than ageing gangsters who rue their loss of control over the people of their community and want a return to the days when they ruled through the threat of kneecappings etc and enjoyed the wealth derived from protection rackets and drug and gun smuggling and dealing.

I know a little about Irish history and that theory does not hold water. They did actually have a cause (which you may not agree with) so were not just gangsters. That time has passed now however so an IRA bombing serves no purpose to anyone other than to a pope who wants to get the media off his arse.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You know a little about Irish history?
Lol.

Have you ever been there?
Do you know any actual real Irish men and women?
Do you know anyone who has lived there?
Do you know anyone who has served there?
Do you know anyone who has been killed there?
Do you know anyone who has killed there?

Personally, the answer is yes to everyone of them questions....and I too have made a point of studying Irish history, from all perspectives.

The IRA may have had a cause a long, long time ago...but that is a distant memory now and times and situations change.

The IRA, INLA, UDA, UVF regularly traded and worked together inarms and drug smuggling operations.
These gangsters and bullies controlled their respective communities through terror.
They controlled and exploited drugs, protection rackets, gambling and prostitution to name but a few of their dealings.
They creamed off funds raised by naive 'Irish' Americans etc.
Through this they gained personal wealth and enjoyed an evil control over their communities meting out barbaric punishments to anyone who crossed or transgressed them.

They also exploited the romantic nature of the Irish people to justify their evil doing.

They are the cold, hard facts about The Troubles.

Not one single Irish person I know, and I know a lot, want's a return to those days....despite what some may have you believe.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

There's one fall guy I'd rather see Richard Dawkins.

I am certain The Vatican, with all it's resources etc, could quite easily secretly orchestrate a campaign against the doing's and teachings of militant Muslims which would in turn turn public attention away from the peodophile priests.

I'm equally sure that the Vatican could really stitch-up Dawkins if they wanted too. crosses fingers

Can't agree more and it's a view point I've long since held having been explained to me by people I know actually born there. That's one of the reasons the pro-IRA (of whatever flavour) support I've seen from Americans over the years mystifies me. When the collection tins have been rattled in bars in Boston and New York, Americans can't see how they've been lied to and generally had the piss taken out of them with romanticised bollocks. The only 'cause' they've supported is extortion rackets and other crimes.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I appreciate that you've been in the thick of it and why you hold your views but but have they even claimed responsibility? You ignored my points about the church not wanting to piss off Muslims and just started interrogating me about my knowledge of Irish history. Your views seem blinkered and imo your are responding EXACTLY the way the Vatican would like you to if they did indeed plan it.

Okay they did claim responsibility. My bad.. it'll still knock the pope off the front page though. I hope the IRA did not do it for his benefit.. I can't see any other reason for it.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

The little you do know about Irish history is wrong in this context Riley.
I was born and grew up in Northern Ireland and have seen it all first hand -beatings,
kneecappings,
firebomb attacks,
pipebomb attacks,
nailbomb attacks,
CARBOMB attacks,
plastic bullets,
handgun fire,
automatic and semi-automatic fire.

Those days are past us and the only idiots who still want them to continue are those few pricks that call themselves the 'real' IRA.
They've been disowned by those that are using the right methods to get results - ie: dialogue.
Bombs and bullets don't do anything for a political agenda - they are used purely to kill and cause misery for the victims and their families.

The only agenda/motivation they have is murder...pure and simple.

Much love...

link   
reply to post by riley

Edit double post...

[edit on 13/4/10 by zosomike]

link   
reply to post by riley

I assure you my friend, my views aren't blinkered, but are a result of watching events both at close quarters and from a distance and from discussing events with numerous people and then formulating my own opinion based upon all that I have witnessed, learned and heard.

I have friends and family both from all across the religous and political divides and am myself an Englishman but of Irish Catholic descent.

I chose to ignore your comment about The Vatican choosing not to piss Muslims off because I simply don't agree with it and don't want to turn this into another anti-Muslim thread that it quite easily have done so.

I simply still don't understand why you think The Vatican would want to stir up anti-Catholic sentiment in the UK by re-igniting The Troubles in Northern Ireland in an excercise to deflect from anti-Catholic sentiment arising from the scandal of Catholic priests abusing young boys and The Vatican actively covering it up.

It's still anti-Catholic sentiment.

Surely using Muslims as a scapegoat, or even Protestants would be a better solution.

And there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your theory.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zosomike
reply to post by riley

It is absolutely ridiculous that you think the vatican have orchestrated these goings-on.

Don't get me wrong - I believe the vatican and their figurehead are the most corrupt and self-serving business/cult this world has to deal with, but the vatican would not dole out instructions to a few 'hood-rats' from the backstreets of Belfast. Saying that gives these loosers importance which they do not deserve..

So you think the Vatican is above dealing with murderers in it's ranks? They already deal with child rapists.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

They've done their fair share of murdering in the history books, but your comments are clearly ignorant and smak of someone thinking they know something, when in fact you know very little.

This will not deflect from a papal visit and will do nothing but ADD to the long line of questions that he will undoubtedly face...along with (hopefully) a few weeks of police interrogation as an accessory to murder and aiding and abetting unlawful sex with a minor by a person/persons in a place of trust...

Much love...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

The little you do know about Irish history is wrong in this context Riley.
I was born and grew up in Northern Ireland and have seen it all first hand -beatings,
kneecappings,
firebomb attacks,
pipebomb attacks,
nailbomb attacks,
CARBOMB attacks,
plastic bullets,
handgun fire,
automatic and semi-automatic fire.

I do not dispute this.. I just do not understand why they would bother rehashing it all this point in time when it's been achived in talkes as you pointed out. They would all be old men by now wouldn't they? Has the torch been passed on? I was under the impression the "real IRA" was formed for spite/revenge rather than for change when the "old" IRA started making concessions?

Those days are past us and the only idiots who still want them to continue are those few pricks that call themselves the 'real' IRA.
They've been disowned by those that are using the right methods to get results - ie: dialogue.
Bombs and bullets don't do anything for a political agenda - they are used purely to kill and cause misery for the victims and their families.

The only agenda/motivation they have is murder...pure and simple.

Much love...

I do not support them- I just think they are being used as a tool to draw attention away from the pope. There does not seem to be any other political advantage to doing so otherwise.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

No I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying I don't understand why The Vatican would want to stir up Anti-Catholic sentiment because of the IRA in an effort to deflect and detract from Anti-Catholic sentiment due to paedophile priests.

It's still Anti-Catholic sentiment.

Wouldn't they have rather found someone else other than themselves for everyone to hate on?

Surely someoneelse can see what is so obvious to me.

And I would like to point out that I think The Vatican has been, and continues to be, complict in the machinations of some of the most controlling and complex dealings that have ever occurred and has it's own private agenda.

[edit on 13/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

The unfortunate thing is the mantle will have been only too happily be taken up by mindless little thugs who have such a yearning to belong to a 'cause' that they think what they are doing is worthy of being labelled a 'hero'.
They will have undoubtedly grown up with violence and been brainwashed by the generation before them.
So there might be 1 or 2 of the older ones among them, but there will still be 1 or 2 stupid little boys who are only too happy to be 'one of the lads'.

You seem to be separating the religious tendancies of the pope and these thugs.
They are all catholics!!
It will just inflame the situation even more...why would the vatican want to dig their own grave?

Much love...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

I simply still don't understand why you think The Vatican would want to stir up anti-Catholic sentiment in the UK by re-igniting The Troubles in Northern Ireland in an excercise to deflect from anti-Catholic sentiment arising from the scandal of Catholic priests abusing young boys and The Vatican actively covering it up.

It's still anti-Catholic sentiment.

Protestants and Catholics waring is not a threat to the Catholic church.. the child rape cover ups are. No one has talked about arresting a pope because of this IRA bombing have they? It has nothing to do with him and he can shake his head at it and say it's so wrong but he's not really in the position to condemn sex crimes he actively covered up. The bombing is working in his favour and he's probably a bit relieved to have the media distracted.

Surely using Muslims as a scapegoat, or even Protestants would be a better solution.

The pope is very careful now about what he says about Muslims because they are a rival world religion. Protestants are a denomination of the same religion.

It would be also alot easier for the Vatican to get extremists Catholics to carry out a bombing than extremists Muslims.

And there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your theory.

You said that before.. and as I said before it gets the pope of the front page of a country he is visiting.

The same country/region that has people asking for his arrest..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I totally agree mate...surely they would want to deflect the heat from themselves by orchestrating something somewhere else like turning on HAARP and seeing what happens.

Much love...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

You seem to be separating the religious tendancies of the pope and these thugs.
They are all catholics!!
It will just inflame the situation even more...why would the vatican want to dig their own grave?

Much love...

It wouldn't be. It would be a desperate measure.. much like lighting a backfire. They cannot control the sex scandal but if they can get it off the front page they can regroup and get people concentrating on a different catholic issue. The IRA starting up again is no threat to the church's existence but talk of arresting a pope is.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

It was one relatively small bomb which during the height of The Troubles probably wouldn't have made the news at all....the only reason it did, and it was hardly front page headlines, was because of it's timing etc.

I assure you, the brutalisation of children by priests and the subsequent cover up is far more news worthy.

It would take something far more sensational than that to get The Pope out of the headlines at present.

And do you really think The Pope give's a rat's arse if he upset's Muslims?
They defame and denounce him every single day.

[edit on 13/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

It was one relatively small bomb which during the height of The Troubles probably wouldn't have made the news at all....the only reason it did, and it was hardly front page headlines, was because of it's timing etc.

I assure you, the brutalisation of children by priests and the subsequent cover up is far more news worthy.

It would take something far more sensational than that to get The Pope out of the headlines at present.

Okay i understand the extent of it now.. we'll see what the media does I guess.

And do you really think The Pope give's a rat's arse if he upset's Muslims?
They defame and denounce him every single day.

He would not care about being denounced but some Muslims might want to react with explosives strapped to them.

Edit. I dare say some child sex victims might feel the same way.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Riley,

No-one is going to forget the sex scandals.
No-one is going to forget the disgusting actions of the priests
No-one is going to forget the cover-ups.
No-one is going to forget the religious affliation of those murdering scum.

The pope's arrival here is guaranteed front page news - the car-bomb in Holywood was 2nd/3rd page news here.

He won't be able to escape it, no matter what you think.

Much love...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join