It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim nurses CAN cover up... but Christian colleagues can't wear crucifixes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
LOL @ the dude calling the op an anti semite ... it baffles me how he came to that assumption!

jews and arabs are both semetic... The calling of anti-semite is for effect to show that there is constant discrimination by certain people towards certain other people without facts...

I.E. :

I say that Israel is committing a war crime by witholding water from reaching to the Palestinian people... I'm an anti-semite... I say that I agree with bombing innocent people with white phospherous, I'm a hero... Makes no sense...

Magnum

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Source: Daily Fail

Content: Islam

Set Bollocks-o-meter to high

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Write a thread about it then and stop trying to derail this one with off topic comments

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

Thats what I thought too.. But its true unfortunately....

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

thats all well dude, and i agree with your views on the irseali seige on palestine...

but thats absolutely NOTHING to do with this posts, this is about nurses and doctors in the uk and have who have nothing to do with any war or tensions in the middle east!

its so off topic, their reading about it on the wrestling forum!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I work in an NHS hospital. The ratio of registered nurses to patients on the general wards is appalling. Horrific. I have never seen anything like it and I have worked all over the world. The hospitals are often hiring highly paid managers and leaving new grad nurses on the scrapheap-denying them jobs. The only "nursing staff" that they do hire are untrained unregistered carers who cannot do the job and this is what most of the staff on the wards these days are. The public, in their ignorance, thinks that these untrained and unregistered carers are "nurses". But they are not nurses. The few actual nurses are running between so many patients that they are completely ineffective. They are under information overload and are trying to do too many things at once.

Registered nurse to patient ratios are a massive factor with superbugs, infection control, and overall patient survival. Typical of the NHS to worry about crosses and muslim dress rather than invest in qualified nurses and sort out the real problems.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The hospitals are often hiring highly paid managers and leaving new grad nurses on the scrapheap-denying them jobs. The only "nursing staff" that they do hire are untrained unregistered carers who cannot do the job and this is what most of the staff on the wards these days are.
reply to post by Mamie

This actually has personal ramifications for me... As a career soldier I am having to re-skill and am starting a Psychiatric Nursing degree in the Autumn.. My hope is to work with serving and former soldiers suffering with PTSD.. Would I be wasting my time?

Mannn.. This is a terrible state of affairs.. All we hear about is the money being put into the system.. It seems to me that that money ends up feathering some bureaucrats bed and doesnt reach the front line...

If managers spent more time worrying about staff and patient welfare in terms of having the right people on board than government targets, then maybe those targets would be reached naturally.... And stupid policies for politically correct garbage can be dumped too.....

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

it is also quite anti BNP and likes to attack them at every oppotunity

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamie
I work in an NHS hospital. The ratio of registered nurses to patients on the general wards is appalling. Horrific. I have never seen anything like it and I have worked all over the world. The hospitals are often hiring highly paid managers and leaving new grad nurses on the scrapheap-denying them jobs. The only "nursing staff" that they do hire are untrained unregistered carers who cannot do the job and this is what most of the staff on the wards these days are. The public, in their ignorance, thinks that these untrained and unregistered carers are "nurses". But they are not nurses. The few actual nurses are running between so many patients that they are completely ineffective. They are under information overload and are trying to do too many things at once.

Registered nurse to patient ratios are a massive factor with superbugs, infection control, and overall patient survival. Typical of the NHS to worry about crosses and muslim dress rather than invest in qualified nurses and sort out the real problems.

shocking isn't it, and the NHS is the third largest employer in the world (after Indian railways and Chinese army) yet it is a complete mess with elderly patients resorting to drinking water from flower vases having been abandonded

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you want to know more google a British Nurse blogger called Militant Medical Nurse. She'll tell you what the daily mail will not.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have no idea why you have been starred for your trolling. Its clear you are wrong, Patient safety has been comprimised for a religion that is not native to the UK, although its the same as christianity.
Either they should become christians, or they should respect uk norms and values and comprimise some of their medival superstitious practices!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

erm, you do realise that most muslims are not arabic,

If nothing else this site provides me with laughs each day

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So, as an NHS patient, would I be allowed to refuse to be cared for by a Muslim nurse or doctor who were putting me at higher risk by putting their 'dignity' before my health?

Muslim women are able to insist on being nursed by fellow muslims, so as a non-Muslim, will I be give the same rights? And if I did make this demand, would there be a Muslim uproar?

What if all Muslims started to request that they weren't treated by Muslims nurses as their dress is a haven for bacteria? Would it make sense to employ as many of these staff-members? Hands are tied though, it would seem, by legal responsibilities and obligations.

John

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
reply to post by Yissachar1

Your anti-semitism disgusts me... They are not "bowing down to Islam"...

reply to post by Ong Bak

Your anti-semitism disgusts me too... Muslim culture ruining the UK???

Racism is rampant here I see...

This is hillarious! Yissachar IS Jewish, as I recall from previous conversations we have had in the past. Anti-semitism is hatred towards Jews, not Muslims.

He also lives near to me, an area of England that has a HUGE Muslim population and has done for generations. I'm sure, like myself, he grew up with many Muslims and has over the years called many of them friends.

There is a severe inbalance to the way that Muslims and Christians are treated in the UK, weighted heavily towards the Muslims, simply because the government don't want to be seen as racists.

One example I can think of straight off is a new, very large mosque being built in a local town, which most of the population don't want and the Muslims don't need, as there are planty of other mosques in the town. Petitions have been signed, politicians have been written to, but it's still going ahead.

I'm not a racist, but I'm getting fed up of being treated as a second class citizen, simply because I'm a white Christian (actually athiest, but I was raised anglican). To be fair, if the gov treated everyone equally, there would be far less racial tension here and the BNP would lose a lot of their support, which can only be a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yiss, you never said you was a Baggie!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
This is hillarious! Yissachar IS Jewish, as I recall from previous conversations we have had in the past. Anti-semitism is hatred towards Jews, not Muslims.

no thats just bollox

www.britannica.com...

Person speaking one of a group of related languages, presumably derived from a common language, Semitic (see Semitic languages). The term came to include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, some Ethiopians, and Aramaean tribes including Hebrews. Semitic tribes migrated from the Arabian Peninsula, beginning c. 2500 bc, to the Mediterranean coast, Mesopotamia, and the Nile River delta. In Phoenicia, they became seafarers. In Mesopotamia, they blended with the civilization of Sumer. The Hebrews settled at last with other Semites in Palestine.

Just beause one is of a certain faith doesnt make them semetic,

[edit on 12-4-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

We're talking semantics here. Yes, a Semite is someone who is from a certain region of the world, but the term Anti-semitic is in general use a term to describe hatred towards the Jews.

Despite the use of the prefix "anti," the terms Semitic and anti-Semitic are not directly opposed to each other. Antisemitism refers specifically to prejudice against Jews alone and in general,[3][4][23] despite the fact that there are other speakers of Semitic languages (e.g. Arabs, Ethiopians, or Assyrians) and that not all Jews speak a Semitic language.

Source

Either way, you've gone completely off topic, so please can we get back to the fact that patient health is being put at risk because of religious beliefs and the inequality of treatment between Christians and Muslims in the UK?

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Appeasement appears to be a genetic disease for the British, they just can't help themselves can they.

If I ever get that time machine working I'm going to send a "Britain Today" summary back to 1960 and tell the British that this is their future unless they do something about it. I doubt they would believe what they read.

So offending the Muslims is now paramount over protecting British patients from infection. Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up, the UK is beyond insane.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

My family hails from Israel and here.... Told you many times before... Not that it should matter anyway... I think you are just jealous because you are not one of Gods chosen... Inferiority complex.... I have to say though... It takes practice and discipline to be this good....

Dont hate the player dude hate the game

That was sarcasm btw... Now go spread some Jew hate elsewhere

back on topic

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

With you dude... I dont think people in other parts of the country appreciate the level of tension that Mosque is creating..... Its going to kick off if something isnt done and I know no one wants that, but when the majority are not listened to for the sake of a few then there comes a snapping point.. It has already reached that around here and news like the OP just adds more fuel to the fire...

I thought we lived in a democracy anyway.. Majority rule... Doesnt feel that way around here...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah dude boing boing... We are premier league say we are premier league
Baggies v Wolves.... Cor wait

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This thread is devolving into a race hate filled diatribe. Most of you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

As for the poster who said these Muslims should become Christian - why should they become Christian? To molest children and get away with it?

Honestly, I thought ATS was better than this!

Parallex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join