It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gendercide: China's shameful massacre of unborn girls means there will soon be 30m more men than wo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
No, they do not force the abortion of girls... that is retarded.

What we have here, is the combination of a FORCED one child policy, and a culture that desires male offspring more than female offspring.

Often, if the couple finds out they will have a girl, they get an abortion in the hope of having a boy as their ONLY CHILD.

There is no "Kill Girl Children" policy in China, only a One child policy.

As far as the people wanting MALE children, instead of FEMALE children... they believe that female children are worth less than male children, for several reasons.

"It's a cultural thing," she says. "People do not think, for example, that in the future the men should have women to marry. Especially in rural areas, the son, -- even when he grows up -- remains part of the family, whereas the girl is taken away into some other family. So they think, especially in rural areas, that the son will support the family."

Also, it may not actually be that bad.

Professor Zhang Kaining is the director of the Reproductive Health Institute in China's Yunnan Province. He says the situation may not be as bad as the statistics suggest.

He says he that he often finds girls in Chinese villages who have not been officially reported to Chinese statisticians. He says boys are registered in rural areas because they are preferred under China's one-child policy, but girls often go unreported.

"So from my personal understanding, in China there are more unreported girls," Zhang said. "Therefore I think that in five or 10 years we will have more young women than the government data indicates."

@catwhoknows

OK, we have proved that China is a mean and horrible country.

They are killing their girls.

They are horrible.

And I suppose that you would be perfectly fine with it if they were just killing male children, eh?

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Interesting that China is determined to increase the ratio of males to females, whereas the West is determined to do the opposite.

When it comes down to basic survival techniques where technology is not a big factor, I wonder who would win the War?

[edit on 11/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Perhaps they have evolved! Perhaps the Chinese authorities have discovered that the forced one child policy has infact, created an unhealthy gender imbalance in the general population and are no longer carrying out forced abortions as they did in the 80's and 90's. But the problem, gender imbalance amongst the general population, remains.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

What we have here, is the combination of a FORCED one child policy, and a culture that desires male offspring more than female offspring.

Often, if the couple finds out they will have a girl, they get an abortion in the hope of having a boy as their ONLY CHILD.

There is no "Kill Girl Children" policy in China, only a One child policy.

After they find out the gender of the fetus they often choose to abort it. The policy is what causes them to do it.. they felt that they had no choice as the policy was incompatible with the culture. If a family has a girl they have to pay big money to marry her off.. so who's going to put food on the table? I do not think they chose to abort girls so casually.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Interesting that China is determined to increase the ratio of males to females, whereas the West is determined to do the opposite.

When it comes down to basic survival techniques where technology is not a big factor, I wonder who would win the War?

[edit on 11/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

exactly, this gendercide, or i would call it a later demographic problem[ageing] is exactly the reason why China is NOT going to take over the world...It would take CHina about 20 to 30 years to reach the technological level over the US today[while the west and Japan and India are much more technological innovative].
At that time this country is going to have serious problems of ageing[there wont be enough offspring because of the lack of mothers to support the eldery], which is going to result in a economic and financial disaster...Untill then my 2 cents are CHina is going to have a lot of social unrest, especially within the western provinces..India and Japan are also the ones to contain this "empire"..

p.s i wont be surprised if you'll get a lot more inbreed because the boys can't get a women to breed

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Nope, no inbreeding. When extreme gender imbalance occurs animals will migrate to an area with more females or males. Kind of silly to think humans wouldn't do this. There are sections of the U.S. with this problem. You will see articles with "Best place to score a date", "Top Cities for Singles" etc. People in this country move around for work and to score a mate.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Interesting.

China has a sex ratio of 1.06 males per female, which translates to 30 million over the population.

But then, so does India. The USA has 0.97, and the EU as a whole is 0.92.

Source: CIA factbook via wiki

If the Chinese discrepancy is due entirely to government intervention, what's the excuse for other areas?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Milleresque
No fascist police force takes these women to the clinic and holds their legs open for the operation.

A few years ago the Autralian government sent an 8 month pregnant woman back to china (she had already had her one child). She was trying to claim refugee status on the grounds that they would force her to have an abortion but was denied. The baby was of course aborted so yeah it does happen.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by riley]

Do you have any proof or source for this claim?

Or is this another cowboy propaganda story you heard?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What they need is a radical culture change. The reason Chinese choose boys is because girls marry out of the family, and the boys take care of the parents.

So if your left with only a girl, you have no one to take care of you when your old.

In the US, it is decided among the children, in Chinese culture, the boys take care of the parents.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yiersan

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Milleresque
No fascist police force takes these women to the clinic and holds their legs open for the operation.

A few years ago the Autralian government sent an 8 month pregnant woman back to china (she had already had her one child). She was trying to claim refugee status on the grounds that they would force her to have an abortion but was denied. The baby was of course aborted so yeah it does happen.

Do you have any proof or source for this claim?

Or is this another cowboy propaganda story you heard?

Yeah I do.. couldn't you have just asked that instead of stooping to a personal attack?

Educate yourself:

www.wsws.org...
Chinese refugee forced to have abortion after deportation from Australia
By Regina Lohr
12 May 1999

Amid the fanfare surrounding the arrival in Australia of the first 400 refugees from Kosovo, purportedly demonstrating the humanitarianism of the Howard government, details emerged of another case that highlights the true character of Australia's official attitude towards refugees.

A right-wing independent Senator, Brian Harradine, last week presented Parliament with details of the deportation of a heavily pregnant woman to China in 1997, following the final rejection of her application for asylum. After returning to China she was forced, under China's one-child law, to undergo an abortion only 10 days before her baby was due to be born.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Interesting.

China has a sex ratio of 1.06 males per female, which translates to 30 million over the population.

But then, so does India. The USA has 0.97, and the EU as a whole is 0.92.

Source: CIA factbook via wiki

If the Chinese discrepancy is due entirely to government intervention, what's the excuse for other areas?

some clear-cut statistics with no hiding from reality. unfortunately most will turn a blind eye to these kinds of posts which are not concurring with their pre-conceived opinion about China. So i will not waste my time on addressing how flawed and biased that OP & article is. For example that it is actually more a "2 child policy" rather than one, and that only a third of the population is subjected to this policy, all the rest can peep out as many babies as they want, especially minorities are exempted from this policy, like Tibetans etc.

Anyhow, by the way, to answer your question:

www.marketwatch.com...

"In no country have cities been generating population. They've been consumers of population. It's the rural regions which generate population," said DeGolyer.

So when China is rapidly urbanizing the country, the population growth will not change too much.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by yiersan]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Stop supporting China. That means checking items to see where they were manufactured.

That's the main reason I stopped shopping at Wal-Mart. Why support the Chinese economy and practices when I could be buying American.

I'll pay a little extra to not support China.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Nothing new under the Sun.

Posidippus wrote, "Everyone, even a poor man, raises a son; everyone, even a rich man, exposes a daughter'"

Humanity is cruel to children. It doesn't even want girls to live. Abuse is a human norm.

What you see around you today, and take for granted is NEW. An oddity, an abnormality of humanity.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Getting a gender ratio that is without interference is hard to get.

However, I would like to point out to the defenders of the Chinese ratio - the ratios are different between rural and urban. Blending the two is probably going to give you a picture which is not entirely accurate.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
@Teapot

But the problem, gender imbalance amongst the general population, remains.

Yes, but gender imbalance is not a localized phenomenon... it is global.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c47fe70691d.png[/atsimg]

@Riley

After they find out the gender of the fetus they often choose to abort it. The policy is what causes them to do it.. they felt that they had no choice as the policy was incompatible with the culture. If a family has a girl they have to pay big money to marry her off.. so who's going to put food on the table? I do not think they chose to abort girls so casually.

No, of course not... the decision to abort is based upon individual pragmatism, rather than natural forces or wishes.

@Aeons

Humanity is cruel to children. It doesn't even want girls to live. Abuse is a human norm.

What you see around you today, and take for granted is NEW. An oddity, an abnormality of humanity.

Im Sorry... *WHAT?*

Are you for Real?

Human abuses are NEW?

You don't know too much about history, do you?

Infanticide and child abandonment were common practices in the ancient world. The reasons for abandonment were many while infanticide was a convenient way to eliminate deformed or maimed children. In some cases, children were sold to pay family debts. Those societies that worshiped Baal or the many Baal variations – such as Kronos in Carthage, engaged in the sacrifice of children. It was the Romans, however, that established a series of laws regarding abandonment.

Ancient Abandonment and Infanticide

Pre-Roman societies regularly practiced infanticide. In Sparta, the community leaders, called Ephors, inspected newborns for defects. Unwanted females and males with obvious defects were flung into a ravine. The Egyptians also practiced infanticide, leaving the unwanted newborn at the village dump.

roman-history.suite101.com...

Yeah... so when you say "New" you mean... Thousands of years old... right?

The practice of infanticide has taken many forms. Child sacrifice to supernatural figures or forces, such as the one practiced in ancient Carthage, may be only the most notorious example in the ancient world. Regardless of the cause, throughout history infanticide has been common. Anthropologist Laila Williamson notes that "Infanticide has been practiced on every continent and by people on every level of cultural complexity, from hunter gatherers to high civilizations, including our own ancestors. Rather than being an exception, then, it has been the rule."

en.wikipedia.org...-history

Seriously, Aeons... THINK before you post... ok?

-Edrick

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You misread the post. Aeons said the society in which women are allowed relative freedom and protection from abuse is new. She is not saying abuse is new.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Edrick - around YOU personally is one of the LEAST abusive societies that has existed.

[edit on 2010/4/11 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You misread the post. Aeons said the society in which women are allowed relative freedom and protection from abuse is new. She is not saying abuse is new.

If this is indeed the case, than I am guilty of misreading the post, and for that I offer my apologies. (Sorry Aeons)

As an addendum, however... the post was a tad vague in regards to its subject. (Abuse vs Protection)

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Seems like a good way to breed yourselves out of existence. Kill off all of the females and then what do you get? Not very smart, if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The gender imbalance will in the long term, be rectified by the man-made feminisation of all species.

Human pollution, ie, introduction of the female growth hormone, commonly used in modern agricultural practice (to produce more milk and bigger steaks), into the food chain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join