It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN judge calls for prosecution of Pope Benedict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Its about time someone did something meaningful to the Pope for his complicity and his refusal to prosecute priests. I say it is time for the Pope to be brought up on charges just like anyone else and if found guilty, put him in an orange jumpsuit and send him off to prison.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Interesting, I seen in the papers today that Richard Dawkins and his friend and author Christopher Hitchens have announced they are trying to have the pope arrested when he visits enland later in the year...

Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the atheist author, are seeking advice from human rights lawyers as to what legal action can be taken against the pope over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church...
Their lawyers, barrister Geoffrey Robertson and Mark Stephens, a solicitor, believe they can ask the Crown prosecution Service and that Pope Benedict will not be able to claim diplomatic immunity since he is not the head of a state recognised by the United Nations.

The Telegraph
The Times Online

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bredd77

Well, I think he shouldn't have offered double wages to woo Anglican Priests over to the RC church.. I am sure some who might have sat on the fence will now join in and give the Pope a kick in..

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
There is no chance in hell (pun intended) that the Pope will ever be charged or persecuted by a global body which probably has many ties to the Vatican deep within.

That being said, if there is enough evidence against him, there should be a fair trial, just like there would be for any other individual. In an ideal world. They fail to prosecute mass-murdering genocidists such as Bush and Kissinger, as if they would even flinch for something like this.

Yeah, no way in hell indeed. But, even if they do persecute him, I'd be absolutely positively certain it has nothing to do with molestation scandals. However, there are much cheaper ways to get rid of pope, and his pope-mobile.
This "UN is judging" thing may be just some crap so public feels like someone is doing something for those kids.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

How does one man calling for his prosecution equate to the UN calling for this? That's like saying that because one congressman opposes a bill the entire Congress opposes the bill. Misleading title.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Untouchable "PERIOD"

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
proproproprophecies of Fatima anyone>?

tick tock tick tock

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
I d heard it was a South American...but who the heck would want the job after all the Fatima information going on in the Church.

SPECULATION...Nazi Germany...Church...South America...Scary.

I am not a Fatima believer, to be honest. But if i were, i would think that if the Pope is removed, the antipope that is put in place would be the Black Pope. It makes sense that no one would really want the title, so the Black Pope would possibly end up getting administrative rights until the whole matter could be sorted out.

By the way I also heard that Russia is converted in the end.

Sounds very painful.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by essanance
Before anyone attacks my post I would like to state ,I believe in religious tolerance and i do not blame your regular every day Catholic for the Evils committed by the Catholic church.It is time however that this evil orginization pay for all of the women who were tortured for no reason ,the genocide of the Cathars (www.mysticmissal.org...) and the untold numbers of children who have been molested .

The Fatima Prophesy is the Chastisement of the Church by God for forsaking its calling.

All Catholics and Christians have not forsaken God nor can you say all Popes had forsaken God....but the Vatican has been under a false pope before.

The Vatican can be a force for great good or if taken over by those who do not love Christ then it can be a force of great evil.

Nevertheless the Great Chastisement will come.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Religious organizations can confuse public respect with self protection. The government does it all the time. Look at 911. Clinton said "How dare you" to 911 protesters. The government is sancrospect, above the law. That is because the government IS the law. They have overthrown the Constitution and rule by force. The Catholic Church because it is so big expects to get a break when it comes to taking responsibility for child molesters. Do they have enough worshipful clout when it comes to avoiding responsibility. They have spoken for God for so long it is hard to step down and admit vulnerabilities.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I've mentioned this same concept before on other threads and in my own. This current UN stance is another step toward a "One World Religion" in sync with the coming "New World Order". The reason that it took nearly 50 years for the abuse documents to come to light and the victims to be addressed is that it is now time. Timing is everything. The Church hierarchy knew of Ratzinger's decades of involvement and guilt and elected him Pope in spite of that. It was his destiny to be blamed. Nothing of consequence will ever happen to his person but the Church will be forever undermined. Keep in mind that the Roman Church has always been a tool under control of the Illuminists. These abuses were foreseen, known, somewhat planned and now they are coming to fruition for TPTB.

This is all about attacking the faithful not the Church hierarchy. The Church will fall, it's just a front and the hundreds of millions of faithful will be left looking for leadership. Sheep seeking a shepherd. Those that rightly questioned the Church hierarchy left long ago. They were the most dangerous to the Illuminists, critical thinkers and they weeded out by their own rational thinking. Those that still remain are the most susceptible to being blindly led going forward by whatever is substituted.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Was the RCC ever hassled for helping hundreds of war criminals to flee europe after the nazis lost?
It has always seemed ludicrous that the history of the church is a litany of
abetting or perpetrating inumerable anti christian behaviors.
I marvel that this org can hold such a revered place in human affairs yet
be complicit in so much of histories hollocausts....from the days of rome to today.
That there has been an ongoing scandal regards child molestation seems to shock no one sufficiently to spur any real reaction of consequence.
If the church and state are really separate then the church should have followed a policy of handing these predators over to the state from the outset.
The state on the other hand should be following its own policies regarding these depradations...where are the prosecutors the DAs the police?
Why doesnt somebody with authority get off his hands and follow the law?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
reply to post by Max_TO

How does one man calling for his prosecution equate to the UN calling for this? That's like saying that because one congressman opposes a bill the entire Congress opposes the bill. Misleading title.

This is a first volley, you'll see. The UN is an NWO tool. One voice was all that was needed to get the ball rolling. With this first UN statement, world leaders will be under pressure to do likewise or be viewed as accepting these crimes against humanity. They went after the Hollywood director a short time ago for abusing/raping one young woman decades earlier. Don't you think they'll go harder after thousands of rapists hiding in the confessional? Consider too that many of these criminal priests are now dead. This is an attack aimed at the remaining Catholic faithful of the world. Some 50 years passing has robbed most victims of their justice. What does that tell you?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by PhyberDragon
reply to post by Max_TO

The UN is an NWO tool.

Forgive my playing devil's advocate, but wouldn't this be a perfect way to get the Catholic troops to "rally 'round". There have been a lot of conspiracy accusations from the Vatican camp. Who might be wielding that "tool"?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

«Didn’t you see the Holy Father?”
“No.”
“I don’t know how it was, but I saw the Holy Father in a very
big house, kneeling by a table, with his head buried in his hands,
and he was weeping. Outside the house, there were many people.
Some of them were throwing stones, others were cursing him and
using bad language 15. Poor Holy Father, we must pray very much
for him.”
15 With the revelation of the third part of the “secret” one understands better why
Jacinta recognized, in her visions, the Holy Father. On 27 April 2000, Lucia,
responding to the question of Monsignor Bertone if the principal person in the
vision was the Pope, said. We did not know the name of the Pope; Our Lady
did not say the name of the Pope. We didn’t know if it was Benedict XV, Pius
XII, Paul VI or John Paul II, but it was the Pope who was suffering and that
made us suffer too (Appendix III, pg. 217-218).
I have already told you how, one day, two priests recommended
us to pray for the Holy Father, and explained to us who the Pope
was. Afterwards, Jacinta asked me:
“Is he the one I saw weeping, the one Our Lady told us about
in the secret?”
“Yes, he is,” I answered.
“The Lady must surely have shown him also to those priests.
You see, I wasn’t mistaken. We need to pray a lot for him.”
At another time, we went to the cave called Lapa do Cabeço.
As soon as we got there, we prostrated on the ground, saying the
prayers the Angel had taught us. After some time, Jacinta stood up
and called to me:
“Can’t you see all those highways and roads and fields full of
people, who are crying with hunger and have nothing to eat? And
the Holy Father in a church praying before the Immaculate Heart of
Mary? And so many people praying with him?”
Some days later, she asked me: “Can I say that I saw the Holy
Father and all those people?”
“No. Don’t you see that that’s part of the secret? If you do,
they’ll find out right away.”
“All right! Then I’ll say nothing at all.”
7. Visions of War
One day, I went to Jacinta’s house to spend a little while with
her. I found her sitting on her bed, deep in thought.
“Jacinta, what are you thinking about?”
“About the war that is coming.16 So many people are going to
die, and almost all of them are going to hell! ” Many homes will be
destroyed, and many priests will be killed. Look, I am going to
Heaven, and as for you, when you see the light which the Lady told
us would come one night before the war, you run up there too.” 17
“Don’t you see that nobody can just run off to Heaven!”
16 This is the Second World War. Jacinta experienced this part of the secret in
a mystic way.
17 Lucia wants to convey, in these words, how such visions caused terror in
the soul
www.pastorinhos.com...

The Madonna, Mary the Holy Mother of Jesus the Christ is the Archetype whom cares both for These United States of America, Britain and Canada.

Just a note.

Anyhow the part of the Holy Father crying with people at his very doorstep throwing stones and angry is above and from one of the three children I believe.

I am no expert on the Prophesies i have only read about them.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
finally Catholics that rapes kids give Christians a bad name

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So is the guy a Judge, a Lawyer or a Jurist? You mentioned all 3.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Vatican is not part of the UN. Vatican is the only mature/ recognized State which is not part of the UN.
As they do not belong to this club I think there is no law which can enforce anything.

This campaign seems to me a revenge for Popes stand towards this UK bishop which was accused of holocaust deny.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just cause you wear a funny hat doesn't make you ANY more special or spiritual than anybody else. Why is it okay for the Vatican to hoard all their Gold and keep all the knowledge hidden from mankind in their admitted Vatican secret library. All of this info could be made available online without any damage to the documents. It's all about Control.

I'd like just one Catholic to justify the hoarding of knowledge and how Jesus would agree with it! It's pure evil.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The third prophecy had to be about the Gog-Magog war. Pope john Paul came out and lied, said it was about the attempt on his life witch we all know is BS.

This is prophecy news, something has to happen soon to cause us to have another pope soon for the other prophecies to take place. Peter the Roman will be the next and I'm sure that will only take place during the Gog-Magog war otherwise people would be terrified and reject the new pope.

The Gog-Magog war will bring out the anti-Christ in Obama and I'm sure the pope will change around that time because its the pope who tells everyone left he is the messiah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join