It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros' Open Society Institute - Major Foundation Supporter For Wikipedia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Rothschild backed, Bilderberg Group Member "The man who broke The Bank Of England" George Soros and his foundation Open Society Institute are major financiers of The Wikimedia Foundation.

You can read it here on page 10 of Wikimedia Foundation' 2008-2009 Financial Report.

08-09 Wikimedia Financial Report.pdf

And here on page 20 of the 2007 - 2008 Report as a major benefactor $50,000+

07-08 Wikimedia Financial Report.pdf

Just a little rundown on old George.

Former member of the Board of Directors for The Council On Foreign Relations

Funded the 2003 Rose Revolution in Georgia.

In 1990 saved George W. Bush from bankruptcy, in 2004 publicly committed himself to keep Bush from being reelected as president.

In 1992 "broke the bank" in England's Black Wednesday profiting over 1 billion U.S. dollars.

In 2002 Soros was convicted in France of insider trading and fined 2.3 million dollars for his role with Société Générale.

More Rothschild ties.

Richard Katz Soros Quantum Fund member of Bord of Directors. Also Katz also on the board of the London N.M. Rothschild and Sons merchant bank, and the head of Rothschild Italia S.p.A. of Milan.

Nils Taube (now deceased) member of Soros Quantum Funds and partner of the investment group St .James Place Capital, owned by Nataniel Rotschild.

Michael Cicurel, manager of Société Générale Bank, note Soros 2002 conviction, also chairman of Edmund Rothschild’s management and a member of the Rothschild & Cie Banque board.

I know I have gone a bit off track from the Wikimedia link, just wanted to point out George Soros has some interesting ties and a long laundry list. I am sure I have just scratched the surface.

I am not sure of the significance of the Wikipedia link, but one saying comes to mind. "History is written by the winners".

Here are some interesting reads on George Soros.

The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros

The Rothschild Octopus

Oh the irony, to use so many wikipedia links in this thread.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by timewalker]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
He's quite a pusher behind the scenes isn't he!!!

I also uncovered that he's one of the money-laden pimps pulling the strings of huffington post . Naughty George may get caught with his hand in the cookie jar if times change drastically.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Interesting. I was wondering how this nobody Arianna Hufington and her propaganda machine seemingly came from nowhere and now is a Leftist powerhouse.

Soros has his hands in everything dirty and is one to be watched.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Of all of Soros businesses, I can partially forgive the Huffington Post.

One of the few media left who is somewhat open minded to report on medicine, especially non-conventional therapies with slowly rising scientific evidence to support them.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

I have no problem with his left leaning and funding of left leaning sites. It sickens me that he has his hands in so many things though.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Found something else interesting about Société Générale Bank in France.

March 2009

$11 billion bailout from United States taxpayers On March 15, 2009, AIG disclosed that, among its counterparties, Société Générale was to date the largest recipient of both credit default swap (CDS) collateral postings ($4.1 bn) and CDS payments ($6.9 bn), paid in whole or part by U.S. taxpayers.

Wiki

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
More double talk.

(Reuters) - Renowned investor George Soros said on Friday the world financial system has effectively disintegrated, adding that there is yet no prospect of a near-term resolution to the crisis.

NEW YORK
Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:19pm EST

reuters.com

Reuters) - The worst of the global economic crisis is over, multi-billionaire financier George Soros told Polish news channel TVN24 on Sunday urging the creation of international regulations to oversee global markets.

WARSAW
Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:03pm EDT

reuters.com

George Soros buys gold despite dubbing it 'ultimate bubble'

George Soros doubled his investment in the world's largest gold fund – just weeks before claiming investing in the precious metal is now the "ultimate bubble".

By James Quinn, US Business Editor
Published: 10:44PM GMT 17 Feb 2010

telegrap h.co.uk

Davos 2010: George Soros warns gold is now the 'ultimate bubble'

Gold is now "the ultimate bubble", billionaire investor George Soros has declared, sparking fears that prices for the precious metal may soon suffer a tumble.

By Edmund Conway in Davos Published: 6:15AM GMT 28 Jan 2010

telegraph.co.uk

Soros the hidden hand?

Greece needs concessionary rates from Germany: Soros

Published on Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 08:13

Billionaire financier George Soros said on Friday the Greek debt crisis was solvable if Germany agreed that any emerging lending would be made with concessionary interest rates. Current market rates were exaggerated by confusion about how a bailout might work, he told Reuters in an interview. "If Germany was willing to find a way ... of lending at concessional rates, market rates would come down, he said, on the sidelines of an economic conference.

moneycontrol.com

April 11 (Bloomberg) --

Germany is prepared to give Greece loans at below-market interest rates, dropping its opposition to subsidies as European finance ministers meet to discuss the terms of a lifeline for the debt-stricken nation, a European government official said.

businessweek.com

new topics

top topics

join