It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney finishes first in GOP presidential straw poll (in second, by one vote, is Ron Paul)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my hero.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I could listen to Ron Paul speak all day long.

Every time I listen to him speak I find myself up out of my chair stomping my feet and cheering like a southern baptist choir.

So moving, so compelling, and so truthful, he lights a fire in me like no other.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
I could listen to Ron Paul speak all day long.

Every time I listen to him speak I find myself up out of my chair stomping my feet and cheering like a southern baptist choir.

So moving, so compelling, and so truthful, he lights a fire in me like no other.

Well I doubt he would support your favorable views of the Chilean coup and things associated with it. Hopefully he can thrill you into discarding those tendencies...

He is different and I do appreciate that he know his own views so throughly.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
GOP will never win, if you ask me the best thing the american people can do, is dont go to vote on 2012.

After all

all the 2 party system are the same, they follow the same polices, What change has obama brought?

nada, his just more of the same.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
ron paul will always be first, Romney is a spaz.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Fox is accusing dr.Ron Paul Of Buying Straw Poll Votes

ronpaul1.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I like Ron Paul as well. I have a couple of concerns...his military background, his stance on 911, and his association to elites within the party. Maybe he just doesn't wan't to delve into 911 so he just decided to say there is nothing there. 911 truth is political suicide. What are your thoughts? I want to vote for him, but I'm still not sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul is great. Problem is he'll never be POTUS. People actually have to get past the "kooky" stigma media has placed on him and listen to what he has to say. The majority of voters in the US only care about somebody if they're charismatic. Not the substance of what they're saying. I don't have much faith in the people of this country to elect someone like Paul.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Straw polls are like election to me.
Last straw poll Ron Paul was the leader, and the powers that be did not like it.
So they gave Mitt 1 more point then Ron Paul?

1 more point then Ron Paul, that is the closest Poll I have ever heard of.

Someone else (other then us) is pulling strings again.

If Ron Paul is on the ticket in 2012 I will again vote for him.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Further illustrates the one party system. Romney is just the white Obama. Well, he's the 100% white Obama.

Funny if he stacked the vote and still only came out one vote ahead. What a douche bag. A Masshole through and through.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Romney is not from Mass. He's from Utah. As a resident of Mass. I say Romney should go back to Utah and never return.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Go Ron Paul!
No surprise that Fox (CIA), Beck (CIA), Hannity (CIA) would attempt to discredit him. HE has integrity, and HE wants to eliminate the CIA.
A true American.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dr. Paul, i would like to personally volunteer to be your body guard.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

And Mitt Romney ONLY got first because he was bribing for votes, by buying tickets to the event - for people that would vote for him.

Are you sure??

FOX is reporting that RON PAUL was buying votes........

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by David9176
So i guess Republicans like Obama's HCR reform after all...

Seeing how it's pretty much the same as Romneycare. Way to go morons!!!

There is a key difference.

Romney is white.

There is a lot of difference between Romney and Obama, but there are a lot of similarities as well. I voted for Obama because I thought he was a Constitutional scholar who would take back America from the ptb, it might take him a little time but I was sure his heart was in the right place, well I was wrong. But Romney is probably as much the property of the ptb as Obama. So they have a lot in common. Ron Paul wasn't on the ballot, being a third party candidate, it takes a lot of petition signatures to get people on the ballot. I'll bet they don't have any trouble this time getting however many signatures they need. Wish that wasn't the case 2008.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

The fact that someone like Ron Paul isn't the de-facto candidate after everything, shows you nothing has changed. MSM, despite waking up to all the BS in government. That is to say the people working for MSM. Not MSM its self.

You see all the felony activity with the Feds, IRS, banks etc. And who started bringing that up to begin with? TPP (The Puppet Paul).

Media, I think. Is trying to sway opinions to be angry Ron Paul isn't the de-facto choice, as part of the social manipulation to force him into power.

Then he can screw up government next. Or whichever candidate best suites the peoples opinions at the time.

Do you even really think real voting occurs? Democracy in a Confederated Republic?

Or just the guise of Democracy in a Tyrranical system. All to convince you the world is one way. A way seperate and different from the way it actually is.

You can call Ron Paul a champion of liberty all you want. Where's his name on affidavits serving treasoneous members of Congress? He won't even man up and be a voice for his supporters demanding proof of birth. (Oh no a birther).

Yeah I'm a birther you know why. I'm tired of deceit, and manipulation. SHOW A SINGLE DAMNED DOCUMENT AND IT ENDS. But nope. Where's Ron Paul talking about the horrific allegations of torture, and genocide commited by our government?

You know what his soap box platform is? The Federal Reserve is evil. Well duh TPP. Everyone has known that since day one. But because you attach constitutional arguments to it, suddenly you're a hero?

This man has money, sway, and a position of power. Yet elects to use none to actually accomplish anything. He knew the Feds would fumble, like they have destroying our economy. BECAUSE HES IN ON IT. It's a move, to line him up to say "I told you so."

So elect him because he told you something, every other intelligent American has done also. There are people out there with less position than him, doing more.

So vote for the supposed under dog, reading from the constituion his voting record ignores.

So he thinks the feds are evil, and healthcare is bad. That doesn't make him an excellent candidate.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Romney is just a puppet to the new world order like all the other RINO's out there. He's pro war, pro torture, pro Federal Reserve, pro Big Government. In short, he's a traitor to the roots of the Republican party and pure NWO trash! This country will NEVER be great again until all RINO's are voted out and Patriots take over both parties putting the Constitution first and stopping the raping of the private bank Federal Reserve that our founding fathers warned us about!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If it wasnt for Huckabee theres a very good chance Romney could have beaten Obama and would be POTUS now.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by David9176

Maybe the morons do deserve the government they get but they're too stupid to even notice things are messed up. So what did the few who do see how messed up it all is do to deserve living under a government put in place by morons? Whatever it was it must have been pretty horrible.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

i think were supposed to move out of the country or shut up.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney eked out a one-vote victory Saturday in a presidential straw poll at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans. More than 1,800 delegates chose from a list of nine prospective candidates.

Romney, who ran for president in 2008 and skipped the conference, received 439 votes. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who also ran in 2008, finished second with 438 votes.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin finished third with 330 votes and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich finished fourth with 321 votes.

www.latimes.com...

I am simply astounded that Ron Paul got second. Ron Paul, being pretty much a third party candidate, got 2nd place by one vote.

Wow.

Maybe there is hope for a third party president? (Yes, he is registered as "republican" but his views aren't)

wrong wrong wrong.

he is the ONLY real republican left out there, readily available.

he didnt leave the republican party, it left him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join