It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Lue of Wikileaks: What an Apache fires

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

It looks like to me that the Van was just trying to pick up the injured.

They often will take the live bodies so we cannot gain information on them. They will strip the scene of all weapons to make it look like we killed a bunch of innocent civilians, when we just killed several terrorists with AKs and an RPG and they just happenend to have 2 cameramen with them. So that is most likely why they opened fire on the van, I know it is messed up but why the hell would you drive your van with what looks like kids in it into a battlezone with a helocopter blasting folks.... Stupidity on his part

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Whoa! I thought the rounds were smaller than a .510 caliber and packed with explosives, but I'm largely mistaken!

Another thing that amazed me when I saw the picture was the amount of money spent on those rounds... and I'm guessing in that single operation (the WikiLeaks video) they used over 100?

...and then the uninformed American public wonders where our money is going...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Are you kidding? Try watching the video, they don't look like terrorists to me. By your logic, all Iraqis are toting AK-47s and should be shot by planes hovering overhead (now if that is not terror I don't know what is).

I have seen plenty of AC-130 videos where the gunners are given clearance by some jerkoff in a cozy office to just open fire on anybody seen on the ground. I even have a video on my old ipod of an AC-130 scouting a group of 100+ demonstrators on the street and then reluctantly blowing them all to bits.

AC-130 cameras are about as accurate as the guidance systems for cruise missiles and hellfire missiles, which are usually beacons deployed by civilians hired by the CIA. Unfortunately these operatives prefer to take the money and ditch the beacon wherever, like when a cruise missile took out a crowded market early on in Iraq (the US military later claimed it had nothing to do with it, that it had to have been suicide bombers :@@

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The sling on the camera DOES look like a weapon sling, when he's carrying it. There is no way for a helicopter crew to tell with 100% certainty that they are shooting at insurgents, short of waiting until they are fired up, and in a helo that's a losing proposition.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Have you ever seen this video ? ( I named it "Lucky dog"')

Fascinating brutality ... It's not an arcade game.
It's men loosing their life.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Some 30 mm are more equal than others ...www.quarry.nildram.co.uk...

The A10 The cannon can fire a range of ammunition, including Armour-Piercing Incendiary rounds (API) weighing up to 0.75kg, or uranium-depleted 0.43kg API rounds.

The magazine can hold 1,350 rounds of ammunition. The pilot can select a firing rate of 2,100 or 4,200 rounds per minute.

Which is about 35-70 rounds per second. Which is plenty considering the size of the ammo:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hectic

Yep. So are the Elite, hence the "internet shut down switch" and Rockefeller throwing a tantrum on why they should have never allowed the internet in the first place.

Bwahahaha!

Note to all the true geeks out there;

How feasible is it for us to set up our own Interwebz if they do shut this one down? Cant we just hijack the infrastructure? Im curious.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I must ask this so what is a terrorist supposed to look like?. As far as I know a terrorist does not have a uniform or a dress code. Also if you watch the video and look really close you will see that there are weapons that a few men were carrying. As far a s this video is concerned this is not the whole video I am sure. It does look bad,but remember this there are those in Iraq who want nothing better than to kill americans.So watch it closer and you will be able to see weapons and rpg's. This is not the first engagement that they ever had in this town so they do know there are weapons and things to use to kill american troops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join