It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man threatens to down Qantas jet... with his mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Singapore police are questioning a man who threatened to bring down a Qantas flight from Sydney to Singapore.

The man was restrained by flight stewards after he made threats to disrupt QF31 using mind power. According to ABC reporter Nick Luchinelli, who was onboard the flight, it seemed the middle-aged man was either under the influence of drugs or alcohol or both. He was suffering some sort of delusion and people sitting close to him said he was threatening to use the power of his mind to bring the flight down.

The stewards had to take the threat seriously so he had his arms and legs cuffed and remained that way for the rest of the flight. Singaporean police boarded the flight after passengers disembarked.

LINK

LOL

When I first read this, I was with the reporter in thinking that this guy is probably just nuttier than a loon. But then again, some people actually believe in this sort of thing and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a regular here on ATS before he tried to pull this little stunt.

When you stop for a moment and look around, you see that you don't necessarily have to be crazy in order to believe crazy things. Take Pandit Surender Sharma, who two years ago accepted a challenge by a sceptic to kill him on live TV, using only his special powers. Obviously, he failed, in quite amusing fashion. I don't think he was clinically insane (although he could have been) to actually come to the belief that he could kill people with his mind... but lacked a fundamental understanding of the nature of reality.

I always like to hear stories of how people come to believe strange things, I think it's a fascinating aspect of humanity.

So, what do you think? Crazy, or sadly misled and/or confused?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

So, what do you think? Crazy, or sadly misled and/or confused?

Kinda looks like the story might have answerd your question.

it seemed the middle-aged man was either under the influence of drugs or alcohol or both

At first i was a little worried, i have not heard from my brother in a while and he is, well i will say if this was him i would not be suprised.

edit to add:

Lets just say for a min that the plane ended up going down, how hard of a time would they give this guy?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a regular here on ATS before he tried to pull this little stunt.

I had the exact same thought the moment I read it! That kind of thing is par for the course here. I'm sure that once they secured this guy he was screaming out:

"You're all dis-info agents!!!"

We had a guy here in 2007 that created a thread and claimed there was an alien base under his house & the adjoining property - and he used to take down the UFO's with 'mind weapons'... Of course this all happened when he wasn't being followed by MIB's in black helicopters. The really sad thing was that he truly believed what he was typing.

Do Loony Bins have internet access or something?

IRM

[edit on 9/4/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Some people are more tuned in then most realize.

Obviously this guy wasn't.

www.youtube.com...

The guy in the youtube video is though, watch the whole thing it is worth the watch.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
O man they should have let him try.

If it worked, well it would be mind-blowing.
If he failed he would just be really embarrassed.

Instead they arrest a guy who is a little crazy, blaming it on drugs or alcohol instead of considering that this guy might have some issues.

When was the last time you got F'd up and thought you could fly, or had magical powers?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
They don't screw around on most airlines. "Better safe than sorry" seems to be the philosophy for *any* threat, no matter how wild. For many years, stories of people getting shackled for making minor jokes about bombs or whatever have come up in the news...long before today's hyperparanoid travel vibe.

I'm guessing there is a law that requires them to restrain anyone who makes any kind of threat, however improbable or oblique. Who knows, maybe one of the other passengers could sue them if they hadn't done this. Far weirder lawsuits have happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I don't buy the assertion that he "appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol", because anyone claiming that they can bring down an airplane using their mind would, at face value, "appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol" just based on that statement alone LOL

Besides that, if they actually knew that was the case, they wouldn't say "drugs or alcohol", they'd name the drug or just say alcohol.

I think they're just assuming he was on something because of the level of crazy he was demonstrating.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Seems oddly applicable in this thread…

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Nice, I have to point out that you can find that book in a bookstore in the history section. Not fiction section.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Yeah, I knew someone back in the 80’s who claimed they had been part of some government remote viewing group like that. So I was aware that it was based on real events.

I just think that its funny, because their powers are about like this guys:

They only work when no one else is observing them.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Post removed - nobody laughed

[edit on 9-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The stewards had to take the threat seriously so he had his arms and legs cuffed

LMAO, they should have given him a tinfoil hat.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
lol, the stewards had him cuffed... I understand that they had to take the threat seriously, but what good would this have done if he really had mind powers?

"Awww, shucks, with my hands bound, i can't use my super duper mind powers."

What a crazy world we live in.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Lol mind powers, right, like that is possible without technology soon to be invented. The only mind power anyone could ever get is with imagineing a scenerio in there head and it will stay there, in there head. There is no such thing has mental brain powers that effect anyone or anything outside a person own relative "mind". Unless there is something that is known that he can not rightly express in the terms of normalness.

Either way he was probly tripping out on something.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Drugs and alcohol and crazy, and he could take that plane down with his mind if the plane is in the air and his mind snaps and gets the idea to kill pilots and others and steer the plane into the ground. If he thinks hes a jedy why the hell would you want to crash a plane while your in it even if you could, I think hes a little crazy and he knows it.

new topics

top topics

join