It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New species of human found in 'death trap'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

New species of human found in 'death trap'

au.news.yahoo.com

The discovery of two human-like skeletons in South Africa has shed further light on the evolution of humans.

The skeletal remains of the human-like creatures were found at the base of what was once a network of underground caves, described by scientists as a "death trap".

The find is set to provide more fuel for the never-ending debate over the evolution of humans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The partial skeletons of a juvenile male and adult female were found close together in sediments dated between 1.95 and 1.78 million years old.

So we roamed with the dinosaurs! Wouldn't that have been awesome!

....Australopithecus sediba had a small brain like the primitive Australopithecus africanus, which died out around 2.1 million years ago.

But its other features, especially its pelvis, are similar to Homo erectus which appeared around 1.8 million years ago.

"It would have walked in a very modern way," Dr Herries said.

He says the features of the new species are an intermediate between Australopithecus africanus and Homo erectus, suggesting it provides a link between them.

"There seems to be a very clear transition from one to the other," Dr Herries said.

Looks like god is running out of friends...

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
and too think... a 9 year old boy found them fossils, them fossil, them dry fossils!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Imo one of the most interesting parts of this story involves that 'death trap.' There's so many critters down there that they are supposing some natural disaster caused them to panic and fall to their deaths.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I think we may have recieved the story differently...

found at the base of what was once a network of underground caves

...so i am assuming the found the fossil on top of the ground, excavated the site and located many other species of furry woodland creatures.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

The partial skeletons of a juvenile male and adult female were found close together in sediments dated between 1.95 and 1.78 million years old.

No. You are about 60 million years off.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Basically yup. The rest of the findings will be released at a later date. I read too much yesterday to nail his exact quote , but this comes close...

Excited by Matthew's discovery, the team began excavating the cave and found the rest of that skeleton, of what appears to be an 11- to 12-year-old boy and another skeleton of a woman in her mid-30s, and skeletons of at least 25 species of animals, including antelope, mice, saber-toothed cats, a wildcat, a hyena, a wild dog and a horse. They also found at least two other hominid skeletons, another woman and an infant, Berger said at a news conference, but the team is not yet reporting on those. All of the skeletons are in excellent shape because their fall into a pit in the cave protected them from scavengers and they were all fossilized rapidly.
link

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

well mr superspecific... thanks for the contribution, or lack of!

since only about 1000 species of dinosaur between the alotted 250 million and 65 million years ago time slot have been discovered, I feel I can label a 1 million year old cat or donkey or whatever they found a dinosaur!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Eh, We're stilling co-existing with dinosaurs. Except that now they don't stalk humans to eat us, they have been perfectly adapted by evolution to steal your ice cream away when you're not paying attention.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec08e1ef3e41.jpg[/atsimg]

Rawr.

Also... I am glad that more fossils are being discovered and filling in our lost evolutionary heritage. Though I am getting a bit tired of every new species of human discovered being several k/m years deader as than their stone tools. We need to find a new human species that's still alive and have a family reunion. That'd be a booster. It gets depressing to see the species branch out in diversity consistently in the opposite direction.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I still believe aliens made humans for them we are nothing more then slaves
and in time for a while we worshiped as gods.

I also believe all these findings that they are doing i think is to cover up some truth traces of the past.

Case Every New skeleton they find they always call it a New species of humans

again sticking with THE theory of evolution.

I often wonder if the Greek myth stories were all true afterall

The bible/Koran was written like a tale book wasn't it?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I really get upset when people constantly trying to convince me that I am a monkey !
I aint no monkey....

I really do not see any possibility of that being the case, all primates have totally different skulls and bone build-up compared to humans..

Apes are stronger than humans yet they are dumb as bread, it is like humans just swapped brawns for brains ..
LOL

Primates have huge eye sockets and more nocturnal eyes, we have small eyes, and we do have 46 chromozones compared to primates who have 48.

I know urbs have 60 or something, so chromozones do not make IQ..

If you compare primate skulls with human skulls, you see huge differences..Not the same, not even the color of the bones are the same..

And, I do not believe the dions died 65 million years ago, I am set on that issue, and to convince me othervise you must draw a picture of something you have never seen before and some one else must draw the same thing on the other side of the globe.
Yea Im serious...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It sounds like no matter what theory is put too you its all trickery.
You can have your theory of alien genetic manipulation but there will never be proof... not in our lifetime anyway.

So what will you tell your kids when they ask?

"No religion! No evolution! Just aliens, aliens and disinfo! You can tell your teachers to stop filling your mind with junk!"

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

It sounds like no matter what theory is put too you its all trickery.
You can have your theory of alien genetic manipulation but there will never be proof... not in our lifetime anyway.

So what will you tell your kids when they ask?

"No religion! No evolution! Just aliens, aliens and disinfo! You can tell your teachers to stop filling your mind with junk!"

I tell my kids that the Overlords came down in theyr ships and whipped us around .

jokes aside, I didnt say ET's and I let the kids figure things out by them selfs, I just show them 'mainstream' science on the issue and just ask them what they think on the matter.

My twin 6 yearolds said flat out when I asked them: who do you think made these cave drawings and mugs with Men fighting Dinos etc.? they said : the artist, I asked: Where did they get the idea from? They Said: They remembered what they looked like.. LOl. for me that is pretty simple and straight foreward, wouldnt you agree ? hence my comment above a bout someone drawing something they have never seen before, you try that and see if it appears else where in the world..

And regarding 'It sounds like no matter what theory is put too you its all trickery.', like you say, it is a theory, and a theory that have remained a theory for 200 years or something? I havent read any Darwin sci-fi, sorry..

Trickery? Well, the schools were setup/put in motion by Rockefellers and JP morgan, and those guys isnt exactly trust worthy, they make sure 'we' do not learn important stuff, or else they wouldnt be in charge,Right?.

I dont refuse All evolutionary steps, I just think species die off and for some reaseon comes back in the next world, I do not know how that happends, but surly there should be More species and More Of them if Evolution where true ? but Earth is just dieing out, it does not compute..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Children are smarter than they are given credit for, aren't they! My boys are 3 and 1! They blow my mind sometimes!

But at some point we really need to look at the scope of the time being discussed!
our life span - 70-100 years
our civilized nations - 200-300 years
recorded history - 2000 years
mythical history - 2000-5000 years
*these remains - 1,780,000 - 1,950,000 years
dinosaurs - 65,000,000 - 250,000,000 years

this amount of time is incomprehensible! We can see the change between ourselves as children and our own children... imagine the possiblility of 25,000 lines of childrens children

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Wow... just... wow.

You are to science what text messaging is to the English language. What Michael Bay is to film making. If you tried to do to another human being what you just did to Science, you'd be convicted and given multiple successive life sentences in a super-max facility. Psychologists would study and debate pathology of your case for years.

M.C. Escher has drawn interpretation of roadkill which makes more sense, and with less savagery, than your interpretation of Science. Wow... was this all played up for shock value and satire, or is that genuine?

.... cause if it's not a joke, your making baby Einstein cry. (insert quip about shaking baby Einstein like Michael Jackson).

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I do see your point, and small changes more like adapting to our surroundings is something that all species must do, or else there wouldnt be anything here on Earth at all..

I cant see the human race as a new specie in let us say 2 million years, I think we will just die out like the other species, like the mammoths that supposed to live in Sibiria in all the snow and ice and cold, did they eat snow up there ? were they chasing other animals to eat ?

I was just over at Wikipedia reading about cows, and they appeared(mutated from some animal) some 23 - 5 million years ago, and on the same page, they state the Grass suddenly expanded world wide 7-6 million years ago, nice coincidence, did the cows become cows because now there were alot of grass to eat so they mutated to suit the enviroment and feeding needs ? Let us just for arguement sake pretend we had an iceage now, would the cows re-mutate the steps back to those mammoth like animals ? I think not..(sorry, but I really do not remember the names on all the links on the evolution of the cow
)...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

i think your interpretation of evolution may be a little slight! i believe gentics plays a a major roll in evolution if not more just as much a roll as adaption.
the mixture of species brings about a new one new enhanced species, just like cows, they interbreed species to create hybrids. These hybrids contain the prefered attributes of both species for example, size, immunity and tolerance.
This is how i believe the human race has evolved!

I would not rule out the influence of an outside entity though. Aliens yes!
How the hell did white man get white?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Thanks for those Kind Words
Excelent !

Im sure Im allowed to have me own oppinion even if you do not like it, I just dont trust MainStream too much, they claim the know every thing, and it always turnes out to be theories and 'we thinks', and that is proven over and over..

If you go to the Zoo, and watch how monkies operate, and after you have watched them pee on eachother a couple of times, I think you'd change your mind on it..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

One of the best posts in the history of paleontology!!

--

There are many cave networks undiscovered. All this reminds me of the Blue Holes that exist around the Earth.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What, they have no cameras in South Africa? I hate stories like this. No picture, not true. Not in this day and age. And even then, hey, better not go there...

Cheers-
Phil

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join