It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Aruba's Carnival...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's been a non stop party here since january...

www.visitaruba.com...

www.nilton.net...

Enjoy!!!

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Partying since Janurary?? Can I bring my wife and come live with you?? I need sun, sand and relaxation.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, it's over since yesterday, but we still have sun, sand and relaxation...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hey Bandit, do you live in Aruba? If so, are you a native? My wife and I love Aruba, There really is no other place in the world where people are so damn friendly and outgoing. You truly are a lucky person to live in the closest thing to Heaven.

If you do live in Aruba what sites are there to visit that ordinary tourists wouldn't know about? Would you also be able to tell me why Arubans are so secretive about their rock formations.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes, I do... I'm a native.

Lourdes Grotto is a place not many tourist know about. It's in San Nicolas.

Grapefield, lots of locals, (including me) go there with their dogs.
Once every few years we have beached (lost) whales there, for which unfortunately we don't have no way to carry them back into the ocean (because of the huge amounts of reefs in the area and Aruba is way from in the migratory path, so it's not commin to find them around.)

And the rock formations are still a mistery, we have know idea how they formed, because we know of no other place on the planet where those kinds of boulders are found. It probably happened during the forming of Aruba about 70-80 million years ago (volcano under the sea)

Also Haystack (Hooiberg) Hill has greenish rocks that are not found anywhere else in the world except for Iceland.

We also have Cana#o the weird looking hill south of Hooiberg were you can do some cliffhanging.

Close to Guadirikiri cave, there's a little beach underneath the cliffs. It's only visible from about 30-40 feet away. I swam there once. It's very dangerous there. Very rough water. You're like a toy in the ocean. I hit my back three times on the bottom of the ocean, then came out.

There's also a place called Masiduri, there's an old water tank on top of the hill, and there's spring water at the bottom of the hill. It's a very isolated place, about two hours east- northeast (walking) from Frenchman pass. (Behind the drive-in and home of the goldmill ruins and also the most notorious urban legends on the island about ghosts)

I've never seen any and I've slept there twice (boyscout camping), but I know other people who said they heard crying and another one who said he saw an old lady with chains.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the info bandit. I will be down there again in August and I can't wait. Have you ever been to a bar/rest called Fisherman's wharf or maybe it's called Fisherman's hut? Anyway it's next to the Marriott on the beach, last time we were there we cleaned out the bar of Bellashi (at 1.25 a bottle how could you resist) also their food was astounding fresh fish caught daily and the best callamari I've ever had.

Take it easy

top topics

join