It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on at Cerro Prieto Volcano?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

This was posted vaugly in the quake thread after the 7.2 - i think - somewhere I read it - but then is was dropped and everyone moved on - till now ---

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The clock is ticking people,,,

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Hi all !
Beautiful thread, and so glad your Google result is so high !
The whole area here in So Cal is full of extinct, old, volcanoes. It is very, very hard to get any information on them ! I used to hang at the library and found some books with names and locations. That was long ago, I am afraid, and little hope the books are still there, could be - it was the Apple Valley Library.
The reason I did all the research was, I was born in the desert, a climber, and a rock hound for life, yes, I have the gold bug and diamond bug too,lol. I knew some areas had volcanic rock, and when I found the old book info it said we have many old volcanos here.
When we had the giant Landers quake, I went there, to the fault, that day. I picked up volcanic rocks to keep. When the TV came back, there on the news was the USGS crew, and the woman came on assuring people that there were no volcanoes in our area, and that Landers had no volcanic history. Not activity, history. That made me perk up my ears.
I almost feel they are hiding the truth or something ! We had quite a lot of talk about the Palmdale bulge at the time, maybe they were hiding that? Maybe nothing at all! Maybe they do not consider extinct volcanoes volcanic? IDK ! I am glad you are looking into the volcanic and geothermal situation. love.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Someone got a picture whee one of the fountains came up !
www.ireport.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ok so there seems to be some proof of water, under massive amounts of pressure are being forced through channels within the earths crust. Now find the sourse of the water, ie has it been tested as to where it originated? Arctic maybe who knows ,, well someone better find out at least that would be a start.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Now water and lava make steam,, steam make pressure, and if that water just by coincidence was heated by i dont know some kind of wave microwave type energy from somewhere and the same time as nope sorry to pump that much water into the earth there would have to be a corresponding lose of water somewhere else,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Thanks CestLaVie!

Here's another I-Report

www.ireport.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Its now a official US and Mexico earthquake.

Ground ruptures have been found in the US

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. LOLOLOL made my night LOLOl

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

your source?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just for that here's one for u what if eh,, u know all that Rapture stuff was a misinterpretation of the word rupture hmmmm dadadaaaaaaa sory my best Peter Griffin interpretation ,, the dadadaaaaaaaa part

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I don't know how long you've been checking up on the USGS website but the red squares have been there for quite a while...a couple of years if I'm not mistaken. It has nothing to do with severity rather than the occurrence. Red means that the earthquake occurred within the last hour, blue within the last day, yellow within the last week. I've been keeping tabs on the area for a few months and small swarms of tremors are quite the norm in the area, or have been for the past few months. I kinda figured it was a matter of time until the area would get hit by something bigger than a 5, i just wasn't expecting such a large quake *nor was i thinking i would feel it* to happen this soon after the zone becoming active. What kind of worries me is the close proximity of these quakes to the southern part of the San Andreas fault, maybe the two faults will link up or these smaller

link   
I just read somewhere else that it may have been steam coming off those mountains.. said they had talked to people living there and they said it was steam.. said that if it had been dust why didn't it come up off the valley floor as well?

curious

link   
reply to post by BobAthome

wave would be friction - friction creates melt of rock forming magma - heat and magma create condensation, along with location to gulf and sea - and faults - sounds like a doozy to me.

link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You're welcome and thank you !
Darn, the road looks so odd in that I report ! wavy?
Some of us mentioned how "rolling" the quake felt, really no jolt here, a long, dizzying roller, quite interesting. I read where someone mentioned that if it was so rolling, maybe it had something to do with underground water.
That makes me wonder how the quakes near "The Geysers" geothermal area in Northern California feel? Is there any similarity? The Geysers folks admit they cause small tremors.
I still want to find out more about our volcanic activity here. If it was so many millions of years ago, would the pumice still be whole and intact on top of the ground?
Is the water hitting magma under there?
Cool stuff. (She says as she sits on the San Andreas fault, lol)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Thats why they should establish factually where that water originated from until then all is guess work

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm sure its possible to establish what with todays tech,, only prob has someone way up there thought of it???

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Umm - Thank you for that - BUT - while yes we do from time to time get our red squares and such in the area - as originally stated - please do not underestimate my knowledge. I have been watching Red, Blue and Yellow Squares and Seismos for so long now I am quiet surprised I am not color blind. -

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And i for one would love to know what those results where ,, if they did

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Anyone with relatives in the area ?? water samples maybe?? don't know

K

[edit on 9-4-2010 by BobAthome]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join