It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Rising video: Noticed a big mistake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

The Apollo 12 S-IVB was not crashed into the Moon because there was not a working seismometer on the Moon at the time. It entereed solar orbit and comes back near the Earth every few years.

OK, thanks! That answers my question. Apollo 11 did leave a seismometer called the PSEP but it failed after 21 days so that's why they dodn't crash the S-IVB on apollo 12, just the lunar module ascent stage after they were finished.
Then they crashed the S-IVB from Apollo 13 as you said.

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I was outlining that he suggested by his wording that the Ascent Stage of Apollo 13 LM was crashed into the Moon and thus; repeated results of Apollo 12 doing just as I have stated.

OK like I said I just wasn't getting it at first because I hadn't researched it but now I understand what happend on Apollo 11, 12 and 13.

Originally posted by theability

On November 20th 1969, the Apollo 12 Astronauts did an experiment with some strange results. They crashed the Lunar Module ascent stage into the surface of the moon.

Shockwaves reverberated throughtout the moon for over an hour. Some have likened this to "ringing like a bell."

[below is the part that is wrong!]

These results were repeated during the apollo 13 mission, however this time the shockwaves lasted for three hours.

So you would have rather had him say this:

"On November 20th 1969, the Apollo 12 Astronauts did an experiment with some strange results. They crashed something into the the surface of the moon. Shockwaves reverberated throughtout the moon for over an hour. Some have likened this to "ringing like a bell."
These results were repeated during the apollo 13 mission, however this time the shockwaves lasted for three hours"

Seems like a minor edit to me, and while I see your point, it really seems like such a minor nit to pick compared to the claim he makes immadiately after that that the moon is hollow, that's the claim I'd be complaining about instead, citing evidence for the density and the physics of why it would collapse if it was hollow.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

"On November 20th 1969, the Apollo 12 Astronauts did an experiment with some strange results. They crashed something into the the surface of the moon. Shockwaves reverberated throughtout the moon for over an hour. Some have likened this to "ringing like a bell."
These results were repeated during the apollo 13 mission, however this time the shockwaves lasted for three hours"

Again there would be nothing different as I have pointed out REPEAT means doing the same, I don't write the definition, crashing the SIV-B into the moon is NOT the SAME as THE ASCENT stage from the LM.

Answer is NO!

Unfortunately researching this man and his ability to report correctly is in poor light, others have noted errors as well.

I am not the first.

<< 1   >>

join