It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare to create thousands of NEW JOBS..............In India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The new health care bill just keeps getting better and better.

For everyone EXCEPT Americans that is.

All those outsourcing companies in India are looking forward to the windfall of processing and paperwork jobs that are going to be created when we Americans are forced to hand our hard earned money over to the big insurance companies.

.US healthcare reform is boon for India outsourcing companies

Mumbai – With 22 pen strokes, President Obama signed into existence not just a historic healthcare reform law but also monumental piles of paperwork: New member registration forms. More claims. Ever-expanding databases. And on top of that, pressure to cut costs.

The bulge in administrative work may look like a nightmare to American insurance firms and government employees. But to outsourcing executives here in India, it’s heaven-sent. A number of Indian companies are already anticipating an increase in workload thanks to Obama's healthcare law.

The addition of 32 million insured Americans is “very significant” for Indian outsourcers, says Ananda Mukerji, chief executive officer of Firstsource Solutions in Mumbai. Companies like his will see “increased opportunities” as US health insurers and hospitals scramble to reorganize to comply with the new law, he wrote in an email to the Monitor.

This extra work will include processing new enrollments, organizing bigger member databases, processing more claims, providing more support services, and managing more revenue, he says.

Read more: Yahoo News

Who said Obamacare would be a jobs killer?

[edit on 4/8/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Until we reform our trade laws and increase tariffs...it won't matter who is President...this will continue to happen.

Fixing our trade laws is top priority number one for our economy...yet nothing is said about it in the corporate media and....although some politicians do support it. (including Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders...POLAR OPPOSITES) Corporations don't want to lose their lobbying power over countries...nor be forced to pay a tax that they cannot avoid.

The whole thing sucks....but it will not change unless american's start demanding we change our trade laws.

It has to happen our eventually we will be a third world country.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Come on...you can't blame Obama for private companies outsourcing jobs.

Why aren't you angry at the companies outsourcing the jobs???

Nothing in the HCB requires them to outsource jobs to India...private companies are doing that because THEY don't care about Americans or creating jobs for Americans. You can't place that blame on Obama.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You can't place that blame on Obama.

Well...that depends. Obama was against Nafta in the campaign...but now...no dice. He has done little to nothing to change our trade laws...except for a tariff he slapped on Chinese tires.

He can't be blamed for the current policies..however...he can be blamed for not changing them.

If he did it...the right..and possibly left (the corporate owned politicians) would scream protectionism and isolationism...which is BS.

Why would we NOT want to protect our economy? It has nothing to do with be isolationist...it's about protecting american jobs and wages.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree...I think that should be the next agenda item Obama should push for (although I sadly don't think he will).

I'd like to see a high tax on every outsourced job. Currently...they get a tax break for outsourcing jobs.

Aren't we supposed to be creating jobs here...not encouraging outsourcing???

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

They outsource because it's cheaper and more efficient. They dont make the policies that create this type of climate. I dont. You dont. You know who does? Government.

As a side note my work is going over next years insurance cost and apparently whatever is in this HCR law is causing our prices to jack up some astronomical amount like 80%. We're shopping around but it looks like we're all going onto the public dole next fiscal year.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree...I think that should be the next agenda item Obama should push for (although I sadly don't think he will).

Sadly...it most likely won't happen....not after what we just witnessed with health care after he cut deals with the health insurance industry and big pharma.

It's the corporations that control this country...not Obama. HCR wouldn't have happened if entire health insurance industry was against him....so he worked with them.

We need to change our trade laws though...this is vital for ALL Americans. We should push all politicians to raise tariffs and make small businesses competitive again.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They outsource because it's cheaper and more efficient. They dont make the policies that create this type of climate. I dont. You dont. You know who does? Government.

True...every administration since and including Reagan has done nothing but cater to big business and has destroyed our trade laws (Clinton takes a huge part on that one)

Tariffs....they need to be raised. We could lower all taxes to zero but it would not matter. The only way to compete with slave labor is to become a slave laborer yourself.

We HAVE to raise tariffs.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes...I understand that. But Obama himself didn't create this climate. I was hoping he would do something about it...but I don't think he will. But still...you can't pin it all on Obama. Sure, he shares some blame for not fixing it...but it isn't all on his shoulders.

As a side note my work is going over next years insurance cost and apparently whatever is in this HCR law is causing our prices to jack up some astronomical amount like 80%.

Interesting. Would you mind sharing some details (I'm assuming you are doing this for a company)? Is this 80% increase directly premium increases? Or is it more accounting for the tax deductions that you will no longer be able to take? Or is there some other factor you are seeing?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Interesting. Would you mind sharing some details (I'm assuming you are doing this for a company)? Is this 80% increase directly premium increases? Or is it more accounting for the tax deductions that you will no longer be able to take? Or is there some other factor you are seeing?

The pool is considered "high-risk". Very few employees with a slew of health issues skewing the percentages into overall high-risk. Up until now we were able to finagle some employees around into other classifications but due to something related to the "cant drop or refuse coverage" clauses everyone gets put into the same category and we all pay up.

This is what I get from the explanations we're getting from the HR people. I dont know enough about it directly to be absolutely clear.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
While I believe HCR to be noble and extremely civilized, I am confident that towers eventually fall. Just make sure that you aren't in it's shadows and move your own life forward. It's really that simple.

Regardless of the Left or Right, towers fall Down. Look Up and be thankful to Life.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The only way to compete with slave labor is to become a slave laborer yourself.

Well said! You should put that on a T-shirt. One that's American made.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ultimately the blame is with two groups:

1. American consumers who speak volumes with their spending dollars. They would rather pay $10 for a widget made in China than $15 for a widget made in the USA. Even with the "Made in the USA" label, it makes no difference. Look to booming Wal-Mart sales for evidence of this.

2. CEOs who constantly look to cut costs while raising profits. They sacrifice quality, forgetting or waiving a key piece of spending wisdom: 'You get what you pay for'.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Ultimately the blame is with two groups

Agreed.
But shouldn't the second group be the stockholders of companies whose CEOs constantly look to cut costs while raising profits?
If Wal-mart shoppers are to held accountable for their desire of savings, shouldn't shareholders be held accountable for their desire of profit?

new topics

top topics

join