It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
See, IMO, people GREATLY overestimate the US military. It appears you think all your cool planes, and fancy technology will save you. It WONT.

The Iranians are brave people. Id hate to have to fight them.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Senz20]

I can't believe this post recieved stars. Seriously.

This isn't the movies. Will Smith won't ride in on a stolen Raptor and save the day for the Iranians. The US firepower is so far beyond the ability of other nations that our government can strike anywhere on the globe, at will, and no one can do anything about it. No, it isn't something that is a "good thing"...but it is the truth. Our jets could sit a few miles away from any air installation, and pick off the jets as they took flight. No one would even know where the missiles came from.

Did you not see the "Shock and Awe" campaign in Iraq? Did you not see the horrors unleased in Iraq? Those bombs came from no where. They just seemed to appear in brilliant columns of fire. Our military has that kind of capability. Like a ghost.

It is silly to even discuss this. The firepower that the US brings to bear on a situation is beyond the comprehension of most people. A ground fight is a whole different matter. But it would never even come to that point. The terror would rain from the skies.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

The army was squashed in one day, but the insurgency continues to rage on.

The problem with these wars is that both sides define victory differently. The US seems to define victory in "conventional" terms. If the US army can march into the capital within a week, it has "won" in the its own eyes. The US army has "won" in its eyes if it has caused the other side to suffer more dead bodies, more gnarled metal, and more ruble.

The Iraqis and Iranians see victory differently. It is almost as if they are playing a different game. They could care less whether the US army marches on their cities. In fact, they almost welcome it. They measure victory as to whether the US army will march out on its own terms. They perceive each US solder killed as a victory, even if they have to lose two, three, or ten of their own in the process.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

That is deffo not wot i call WIN

I suppose in a way you could have the mentality that losing your entire army, city's, civvys, killed/destroyed is a win for you but it would be wrong to say the least, then when your back into the stone age jump up & down and shout victory like timmy from south park, but thats certainly not wot we call WIN, more like OMFG

Iran should just stop getting out there boots and stop with the huge ego it will cost them dearly one day, i have no sympathy for them at all as far as i can see it has always been them pushing and pushing and pushing and they do not even have nukes yet, they are like the child that thinks they know it all, mummy or daddy will smack them soon!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You need to change your signature. There arent "Billions of galaxies in your sky". In the universe yes, in the sky you are viewing no.

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Prime-Vector

they just attack countries where they have something they want

so, these weapons wouldnt work

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, AND YES, IM SAYING IT AGAIN.
we all better get prepared because if we only focus on the now, we wont see the next. look at EVERYTHING unfolding right now. stuff is getting bad. the world hates america. we have rival nations creating alliances. our alliances are growing ever weaker. the ladder of events to come is frightening. too much anger and tension in the world right now and countries are wanting to fight. being the proud and arrogant people that we are, we want to be involved in every fight around the world.
well... think about it, we are about to get into something that may just break us down as a nation.

does anybody really think we can survive (on a moral level) the next world war? i mean, we wont be fighting tyrrany or oppression or genocide. the majority of the population wont even know what we would be fighting for. this # is scary but we gotta prepare. not just our stuff... but our minds

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please people if you don't like America GET THE F OUT. Good for Iran??? Wow some of you need to do some serious research on Iran. They are A THREAT TO THE US. They have been spying on us in Iraq. We shot down one of their UAVs over Iraq, I know this because I had to guard it in a make shift bunker in Balad, Iraq (look it up). You ignorant people need to get your heads out of your butts. They have stated they they intend on using biological weapons. If they weren't a threat then how come at Al Udeid, Qatar we have a butt load of Partriot Missiles pointed at Iran. Seriously all you people have no clue...... I am sure most of you still live at home with mommy and haven't even graduated high school, therefore your knowledge = nada. American military bashing is stupid.... I cannot wait for the day that we get invaded and one of you little pricks need my help, I am going to look at you and laugh. God these forums just get more crappy everyday.... with nubs that know absolutly nothing saying how our military is bad and our country is bad. Please for the sake of saving this nation get out............

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteboynolan
I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, AND YES, IM SAYING IT AGAIN.
we all better get prepared because if we only focus on the now, we wont see the next. look at EVERYTHING unfolding right now. stuff is getting bad. the world hates america. we have rival nations creating alliances. our alliances are growing ever weaker. the ladder of events to come is frightening. too much anger and tension in the world right now and countries are wanting to fight. being the proud and arrogant people that we are, we want to be involved in every fight around the world.
well... think about it, we are about to get into something that may just break us down as a nation.

does anybody really think we can survive (on a moral level) the next world war? i mean, we wont be fighting tyrrany or oppression or genocide. the majority of the population wont even know what we would be fighting for. this # is scary but we gotta prepare. not just our stuff... but our minds

The world does not hate America........ You think it does.... then why do millions of people come to America every year? Why do millions of people try to become citizens every year?? Your knowledge is sub-par........ So I guess Haiti and Chile hate us too huh...... I guess everyone in Europe does too.... That is why we train jointly with them, France, Germany, Italy, Britian, Turkey and couple other countries in Europe. And they request us to train their soldiers........ do some research........

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ohh and they always say that about all of us dying when we go to war. The British said it, the Germans twice, the Vietnamese, the Koreans, Iraqis, seriously the only country that could mess with us is Russia and maybe China

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Reign02]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join