It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No US Troop Survives If Iran Is Attacked'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
"Turned up - here we go again... Bring the noice!" (Bublic Enemy)

Iran warn US of defensive military options

Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi says his country considers all options open as a means of self-defense against foreign threats.

"We consider all possible defensive options open against the enemies' threats," Iran's Defense Minister, Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi told reporters Thursday morning.

Vahidi's remarks came in response to US Defense Secretary Robert Gates' statements who said on Tuesday that Washington was keeping “all options” on the table for dealing with Iran and North Korea.

"If there is a message for Iran and North Korea here, it is that if you're going to play by the rules, if you're going to join the international community, then we will undertake certain obligations to you," AFP reported.

"But if you're not going to play by the rules, if you're going to be a proliferator, then all options are on the table in terms of how we deal with you," he told reporters.

www.presstv.com...

- Just thinking how fast is the escalation when Iran announces that sanctions is in their eyes act of warfare.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

Most of the people dont even like the government over there

And? We shouldn't underestimate the Persian character. I know it's hard to belive but Americans aren't the only ones with pride.

I like how everyone says we beat Iraq in one day...we annihilated them..like it's something to be proud of. In anycase...coalition soldiers are dying everyday, I don't consider that a victory.

America ( and her partners in crime) is very good at traditional warfare, but warfare hasn't been traditional for a long time.

The reality is if we truly vested ourselves like in WW2 and did not fight a politically correct war we would have annihilated them in 24 hours or less. And the same can be said of Iran. There are only a couple of counties like China and Russia and the EU that could really stand toe to toe with that machine if it was on full tilt.

And I do agree we have not had a victory and I often wonder what we are fighting for. They say there is like 300 bad guys in Afghanistan why do we need a whole army for that?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It doesn't matter as to what anyone says. What matters is the ground reality. Even Hitler had declared that the third reich would last for 1000 years but history tells us a different story.

As far as any future conflict with Iran is concerned, I think that either initiation of hostilities against the Hezbollah or a massive false flag in Israel would spark a war against Iran.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by tomdham

Would you say that it could be possible for a limited American attack that would allow the Iranian people to finish the job and do what the majority wants? It seems like most of them thirst for freedom and hate their own government. I could be wrong but that is my impression of it.

Actually, no. What is a "limited" American attack?? That sounds scary. From what I have seen with the Iranians, Syrians (2 of which have been my good friends over the years), Egyptians, etc. don't really care much for the politics. We are just human beings trying to survive, feed our families and be happy.
I think what you said about the "thirst for freedom..." pretty much sums up the American peoples' feelings as well!! So in that respect would a "limited" attack by Iran help and let the American people finish the job?

I don't think any normal working "joe" wants war, taxes, idiot leaders, et. al. No matter where they were born.

Thanks,
Tom

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
It doesn't matter as to what anyone says. What matters is the ground reality. Even Hitler had declared that the third reich would last for 1000 years but history tells us a different story.

As far as any future conflict with Iran is concerned, I think that either initiation of hostilities against the Hezbollah or a massive false flag in Israel would spark a war against Iran.

Agreed and I cant believe it has not happened yet. Something is coming,I just dont know what.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Korg Trinity

Thanks and some posters just want to pick a fight rather then debate the facts of the case. Anti-American fever I call it. And most of them have one thing in common the are blinded by hate and dont see the simple things like what the other person is actually trying to say.

No kidding, I used to try and reason with this type of member by posting supporting evidence.

Now I mostly just use ~Ignore~ Though I don't like to do that becasue the charter of this site surely is to "Deny Ignorance" not to "Ignore Ignorance"

But some of these members would swear the sky was green just to pick a fight, and no matter what you put under thier nose to show them the evidence they will just say no you are wrong and i'm right type of thing.

Though you have to admit that these less free countries tend to grow people with an anti western view through the use of propoganda from birth.

an exampe is this disgusting video of a childrens program in Iran.

Peace Out,

Korg.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. A limited attack from the US and let the Iranian people finish the job and then we dont have to hold the ground they can form a new government on their own. I think this would be the best way. But I bet we want to be on the ground in Iran if I had to guess.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Agreed and I cant believe it has not happened yet. Something is coming,I just dont know what.

I wonder at this often myself, what will be the spark??

I think it is obviouse that the first move will come from Israel. Though this raises two worrying questions.

1. What will be the justification for the move?
2. What happens in the larger global community when Israel moves?

I think these questions have to be highlighted with how long do the wider global community allow the circumstance to simmer before boiling over into a wider conflict.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by Faiol
us wont attack iran ...

they prefer to attack countries that dont have an army

lol ... war against insurgents really? if you get your home destroyed, I bet you would become an insurgent

deny ignorance

You are a fool if you think that the US would not get pulled into the ME mess if the fit hit the shan.

Israel V. Iran = USA V. Iran

And if the USA get pulled in to the conflict then in goes Britain...

I very much doubt Iran could survive barrage upon barrage of cruise missiles coupled with constant bombardment from sortie after sortie after sortie....

Troops would not be needed until the clean up.

This conflict when / if it occurs would not be WWIII btw... its just another move within the game of chess that has been playing out over the last 25 years.

The sad thing is that when / if this should happen the innocent will suffer, but there is nothing any of us can do to prevent that... Nothing.

Let Peace Reign,

Korg.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

Nothing any of us can do to prevent that you say? Sure there is. Refuse to go to war for these sick individuals. Refuse to die for these sick individuals. Tell them if they want another war so badly, they can pick up a gun and go fight themselves.

Of course, that wouldn't ever happen. They prefer to send their "grunts" in to war zones while they sit on the sidelines in the safety and comfort of their guarded and fortified palaces.

They couldn't care less about their own soldiers. Just ask any Vietnam vet currently lying on the street of an inner city near you.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by tomdham

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. A limited attack from the US and let the Iranian people finish the job and then we dont have to hold the ground they can form a new government on their own. I think this would be the best way. But I bet we want to be on the ground in Iran if I had to guess.

I don't believe I misunderstood you at all.
Again: a "LIMITED" attack by the US???

Please define "limited". And as I said, we Americans are also fed up with the status quo in our government, the taxes, incompetent leaders!!
Sooo...would a "limited" attack on the US by say, Iran, Mexico, Canada, Cuba be acceptable so we could finish the job and the attackers could leave and we would finish the job??

Don't think that would happen.
Just saying...
Thanks,
Tom

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Reminds me of the 90's,

Saddam and his Republican Gaurd, who were going to wipe out the US Froces.

Damn right. I can remember those jerks parading around with their black scarves and looking badass...once a rocket or two hit the ground, they all run like chicken.
Luckily for oil suppliers, Middle-East countries are just not disciplined enough to cause damage. All they do is plant IEDs at night and mutilate journalists in caves.
Iran won't survive an attack by any country. More, their people is far more educated than the Iraqis and a lot of them UNDERSTAND what democracy means. That's the big difference

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Iranians are not Iraqis. Period.

And if you think the people of Iran would let a foreign force INVADE Iranian soil and do nothing because they know 'democracy' you are sorely mistaking.
The Iranian people do not care for politics and Iranians certainly don't care for US politics. The message is really clear; Invade Iranian soil and you are at war with most if not every single Iranian on the planet.

THAT is why these army commanders are able to say stuff like this, because they KNOW for a fact that not a single Iranian citizen will give up the country. Rather have a theological society than just another country raped to the bone by the US.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isosceles

Nothing any of us can do to prevent that you say? Sure there is. Refuse to go to war for these sick individuals. Refuse to die for these sick individuals. Tell them if they want another war so badly, they can pick up a gun and go fight themselves.

Of course, that wouldn't ever happen. They prefer to send their "grunts" in to war zones while they sit on the sidelines in the safety and comfort of their guarded and fortified palaces.

They couldn't care less about their own soldiers. Just ask any Vietnam vet currently lying on the street of an inner city near you.

I wish this was possible.

I know for sure that the American and the British army do what they are told; they wouldn't be much of a fighting unit if they didn't.

And if Vietnam is anything to go by it won't matter what the people say, what will be, will be.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Thanks and some posters just want to pick a fight rather then debate the facts of the case. Anti-American fever I call it. And most of them have one thing in common the are blinded by hate and dont see the simple things like what the other person is actually trying to say.

No kidding, I used to try and reason with this type of member by posting supporting evidence.

Now I mostly just use ~Ignore~ Though I don't like to do that becasue the charter of this site surely is to "Deny Ignorance" not to "Ignore Ignorance"

But some of these members would swear the sky was green just to pick a fight, and no matter what you put under thier nose to show them the evidence they will just say no you are wrong and i'm right type of thing.

Though you have to admit that these less free countries tend to grow people with an anti western view through the use of propoganda from birth.

an exampe is this disgusting video of a childrens program in Iran.

Peace Out,

Korg.

What exactly is your point? Because the Iranian government espouses propaganda, they should be invaded militarily? Rather than watch as thousands of innocent Iranians are killed in battle, why not let them seek their own liberty? Why not let them fight for their own rights and freedoms. Who are we to dictate how they should live their lives? Who are we to force our way of life upon them?

When one studies our own culture and way of life here in the "free world", one can see that we have our own problems that need to be addressed. In fact we have a very large amount of problems. Violent crime, rape, organized crime, drug abuse, corruption, and abject poverty just to name a few.

We also have governments who are completely out of touch with the average citizen. They are basically owned by the corporations who dictate policy, foreign and domestic. Millions of Americans are losing their homes, but let's give the international banks taxpayers money so that they can slow the inevitable. The inevitable being collapse. A collapse that was brought about mainly by themselves, no less.

We can't even take care of our own countrymen for Christ sake. Why should we be tasked with taking care of others?

Perhaps we should focus on the problems in our own backyards before we go traipsing in to others.

We are far from perfect ourselves. In fact, we are nowhere close.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Korg Trinity, agree with just about everything you are saying.
I am an American citizen and a USN(SS) and surface vet and live here in the UAE.

There is one thing about that video you posted that you should really pay attention to besides the goofy uniforms, weird tune (this is an old video) and the suspect captions, look at what they are actually saying...our house is our house and if you take it it is not yours, etc. (paraphrasing, of course).
UHH, sounds a lot like we could agree with this in substance. Don't you?
Forget the Palestinian angle. Every "good" Arab, Persian, Muslim feels this way, at least publicly.

Look, let the PTB: US, EU, Iran, UN, ad nauseum, rattle their sabers and call each other names. I hope nothing comes of all this rattling noise because I am so close to Iran I would probably be able to see the mushroom clouds and as the wind comes off the gulf, will probably share some of the radiation. Let's hope not!!
Thanks,
Tom

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What exactly is your point? Because the Iranian government espouses propaganda, they should be invaded militarily?

That's not my point at all, the post I wrote there that you are quoting was in response to the personal attack on Subjective Truth.

Some members here automatically spark fights regardless of what was said and spew anti-western views.

My point was it is hardly surprising that the less free countries in the world grow people with this kind of attitude when you get propaganda instilled into their people at such a young and impressionable age...

If you watched the youtube link you will see that Iranian kids are not watching the likes of teletubbies etc, they are being force fed political fundamentalism.

here is another one...

I didn't say we should invade because of this, I haven't said we should invade.

Though I personally think that we may have to bite the head off the snake before it has a chance to spread its poison (and I don't relate that just to Iran, but to the whole situation brewing between Israel and Iran)

We can't even take care of our own countrymen for Christ sake. Why should we be tasked with taking care of others?

Perhaps we should focus on the problems in our own backyards before we go traipsing in to others.

I'm confused by this comment, I live in England and I would say this country though has its problems does takes care of her own very well.

Although I'm not an American I would have thought that most Americans would feel the same when comparing their personal circumstance to the rest of the world.

Don't you think we as the luckiest peoples alive in the world today?? Don't you think that we have a responsibility to help other countries reach for the same kind of standard of living and rights that you or I enjoy?

I mean rights such as...

* The right to walk to the shop without the fear of being blown up

* The right to speak your mind in opposition of the government, without being arrested or shot?

* The right to believe in any religion you wish without being persecuted or arrested and shot?

* The right for women to be held in equal regard as men, and not treated like sex/baby making machines.

* The right to set up business without having to give away most of it, to the corrupt army/police in protection money?

* The right to vote for who you believe will be best for your future and the future of the country.

* The right to choose what your children learn and where they learn it

* The right to true internet access uncensored not to have limited access to cover and protect the state run propaganda systems

The list goes on and on....

I ought to finally say that the US / UK will only get involved though until / when whatever sparks the conflict occurs, this isn't about invading for these rights its about taking advantage of terrible situation to ensure that these basic human rights are delivered.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Sorry to be crude, but ideological banter is bull# when you are bombing those very people on their way to their supermarket who you want to make it safer for to...go to the supermarket.

It's bull# when you want to 'spread democracy' but instead spread depleted uranium shells.

It's plain and simple, bull#.

Good and evil are different hands of the same person. The safety you want to offer those people is the safety they don't have because of you.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Sorry to be crude, but ideological banter is bull# when you are bombing those very people on their way to their supermarket who you want to make it safer for to...go to the supermarket.

It's bull# when you want to 'spread democracy' but instead spread depleted uranium shells.

It's plain and simple, bull#.

Good and evil are different hands of the same person. The safety you want to offer those people is the safety they don't have because of you.

I have and always will maintain that it’s so sad that it’s the innocent people that suffer through all this.

I find it so sad. But nothing can be done about it. We have actually tried our best to reduce these types of casualties with more accurate munitions but the truth is, however straight an arrow may fly if the target is wrong then you kill the wrong person...

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

What exactly is your point? Because the Iranian government espouses propaganda, they should be invaded militarily?

That's not my point at all, the post I wrote there that you are quoting was in response to the personal attack on Subjective Truth.

Some members here automatically spark fights regardless of what was said and spew anti-western views.

My point was it is hardly surprising that the less free countries in the world grow people with this kind of attitude when you get propaganda instilled into their people at such a young and impressionable age...

If you watched the youtube link you will see that Iranian kids are not watching the likes of teletubbies etc, they are being force fed political fundamentalism.

I didn't say we should invade because of this, I haven't said we should invade.

Though I personally think that we may have to bite the head off the snake before it has a chance to spread its poison (and I don't relate that just to Iran, but to the whole situation brewing between Israel and Iran)

I'm confused by this comment, I live in England and I would say this country though has its problems does takes care of her own very well.

Although I'm not an American I would have thought that most Americans would feel the same when comparing their personal circumstance to the rest of the world.

Don't you think we as the luckiest peoples alive in the world today?? Don't you think that we have a responsibility to help other countries reach for the same kind of standard of living and rights that you or I enjoy?

I mean rights such as...

* The right to walk to the shop without the fear of being blown up

* The right to speak your mind in opposition of the government, without being arrested or shot?

* The right to believe in any religion you wish without being persecuted or arrested and shot?

* The right for women to be held in equal regard as men, and not treated like sex/baby making machines.

* The right to set up business without having to give away most of it, to the corrupt army/police in protection money?

* The right to vote for who you believe will be best for your future and the future of the country.

* The right to choose what your children learn and where they learn it

* The right to true internet access uncensored not to have limited access to cover and protect the state run propaganda systems

The list goes on and on....

I ought to finally say that the US / UK will only get involved though until / when whatever sparks the conflict occurs, this isn't about invading for these rights its about taking advantage of terrible situation to ensure that these basic human rights are delivered.

Peace Out,

Korg.

I do indeed believe everyone should enjoy those rights. I guess I just disagree with you on how to go about bringing those rights to other countries. The thousands of people who will die in the process of us bringing them those rights will never get to enjoy them. The thousands of survivors probably wont really care for their new found rights, as they will be too busy mourning the loss of their loved ones.

We have been in Afghanistan and Iraq for nearly a decade now. How much have their lives improved since then? I'd venture a guess and say not very much. In fact many might tell you that their lives are worse.

I stand by what I stated before. When these people truly want freedom, they will fight for it themselves. Less blood will be shed, and it wont be forced upon them by outsiders who claim to have their best interests at heart. Which is highly debatable I might add.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yes. And your target have been the wrong ones all the time.

And how come I'm having a hard time believing your military tries its best to reduce civilian casualties when your own government is poisoning your own citizens back home? Like I said, ideological banter is just bull#. I sure wish it wasn't, because I have the same thoughts about equality for everyone. But apparently, the greed of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join