It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toothbrushes with Wi-Fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

(CNN) -- If you think an electric toothbrush is high-tech, wait until you hear about the Internet-enabled version.
Jesse Schell, a game designer and Carnegie Mellon University professor, says toothbrushes will be hooked-up with Wi-Fi Internet connections within five years.
The point? If the entire Internet knows how often you brush your teeth and for how long, there's an incentive to brush more often.

I for one do not like the idea. While I try to brush my teeth everyday, there are somedays I simply do not have the time. I would not want everyone to know if I brush my teeth or not. Its like posting what you look at online, no one needs to know.

I could see this being great for little kids. Parents can check up on them if they are out of town to see if they are telling the truth. Other then that I don't see this being a good idea. I'm actually surprised I saw an article about this and had to post it.

Post your thoughts.

P.S. I hope that they come up for one about people taking a shower, maybe then my roommate would take one at least once a week.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

This almost sounds like an idea someone came up with for a class project. However, people join online support groups for all kinds of things (weight loss comes to mind) so maybe there is a place for this ... I just can't see it being relevant or useful, though.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Big brother, anybody?

Don't brush your teeth, get health care penalties, use more than one square of toliet paper? Pay an environmental penalty, use your car to go to point A and the next day, go to point B which is on the way to point A, and pay a pollution tax, because you should have gone to point B while you were on your way to point A?

The next thing these idiots will think of is a sippy cup fitted with Wi-fi so people know how many times you drank water, and clothes that measure how many times you inhale and exhale so you can pay your oxygen bills...

I better stop now. I've given them too many new ideas

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am sorry but I had to reply to this. Let's face it, does anybody really care? I mean come on lol

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Bah! How hard could it be to spoof the toothbrush. People will find ways to fake it rendering any data generated useless. It's like locks. They only keep the honest people out.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

it why i posted it I thought it was a joke, then I laughed when it turned out to be somewhat legit

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Or just find a way to give everyone blackline stain.

Then all teeth would be resistant to decay.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It is not very vise to place wifi radiator into your mouth on regular basis I suspect! Put your head into microwave oven and you will see how radiation in this spectrum is not harmless. For careful parents there will be Bluetooth (lower radiation wifi) version of this nonsense for sure.

Edit to add:
Uf ... I'm going to brush my teeth before police come. I should stop reading ATS - even without constant feeding I'm quite paranoid.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by zeddissad]

new topics

top topics

join