It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Activity and Earthquakes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sorry if anyone has said it, I couldn't find it if they have..

Phage

What kind of effects would subterranean, surface, and atmospheric nuclear detonations have on the tectonic plates and their movement and pressure relationship?

Is the power of nuclear weapons negligible compared to the power of the tectonic plates and their behavior and the release of pressure?

It seems to me there would have to be a correlating effect between the two, with over 2000+ nuclear detonations since atomic weapons discovery in such a short time span, I'd imagine nukes having more of an effect on seismic activity than solar activity.

Is there any research done by the USGS on the matter?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
bookmark

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry this way will be far easier for me to understand.

Molten iron is very hot, at a temperature far higher than the Curie point so it is not affected magnetically by a fluctuating magnetic field

If the molten core is not affected magnetically, how does it produce our magnetic field.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Something i have noticed for a few years now and i am getting good at it , I use BT WIFI [ UK ] for my internet but when the signal is bad i go to this site earthquake.usgs.gov...

And sure as heck there has been a big quake of 5.0 or over also my tinnitus goes crazy , when i put all those pieces together eventually i have a 90+ % sucsess rate of telling when a quake is going to happen
edit on 29/7/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join