It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: FBI arrests man for threatening Pelosi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – The FBI arrested a northern California man Wednesday for allegedly making threatening phone calls to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi over health care reform, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press. Charges against the man have yet to be disclosed, but they are expected to be filed in federal court in California.

Several federal officials said the man made dozens of calls to Pelosi's homes in California and Washington, as well as to her husband's business office.

They said he recited her home address and said if she wanted to see it again, she would not support the health care overhaul bill that since has been enacted.

One official said the man is believed to have spoken directly with Pelosi at least once.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case publicly. A call to the FBI office in San Francisco was not immediately returned, nor was a call to a spokesman for Pelosi.

On Tuesday, authorities announced charges against a Washington state man who allegedly made threatening calls to Sen. Patty Murray, a Democrat. Charges also have been filed against a Philadelphia man who allegedly made a YouTube video threatening Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.

news.yahoo.com...

I am not a fan of Eric Cantor...nor Nancy Pelosi...and I have never heard of Patty Murray.

Anyway...to the point...

The rhetoric coming out from both sides is fueling this. While the most of would never do such a thing....there are those that will.

Ed Shultz, Olberman, Beck, and Hannity have really cranked up the hate machine and their are those who will act upon it.

Everyone needs to calm down. If you want change...do it the right way.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Resorting to violence or the threat thereof when you don't get your way is pathetic. Take all that energy and direct it into positive things, post fliers join a group etc. Patty Murray is kind of a Pelosi-esque figure for the uninformed but the 'ol gal has some moxie.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Right, I don't like what is going on either...in fact...i really hate it....but I wouldn't resort to this kind of thing.

I know that many people protesting are legitimately worried. I was once all for the tea party protests when they started last year...but since then it's been destroyed by corporate influence....although many don't realize it.

I would love for a great, peaceful populist movement. There are many people on both sides of the aisle that just want the madness to end.

It doesn't have to be this way.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
tell the FBI to get their jails ready
there will be lots more

Washington doesn't listen
to the people any more

what do you expect???

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
tell the FBI to get their jails ready
there will be lots more

Washington doesn't listen
to the people any more

what do you expect???

I'm relatively certain jail space will not present a problem. I do however wonder when
our 'ALLEGED' representatives are going to catch on. I honestly don't think the public needs a TV personality to crank them up. PLENTY of people are very very very angry.
With cause ! I'd love to take a poke at a few of them, but unfortunately their like children. Maybe we could designate a kick your Congress persons arse day. See if they have the courage of their convictions.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Let's not buy into the problem and promote dualist thinking - dualist as in a duel fight to the death. We are not faced with that horrifying scenario unless we can't wrap our thinking around a non-conflict based solution. It requires a different choice in how we think about the problem versus not choosing to think. I think.

gj

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hilarious!!

I dont feel sorry for this over botoxed blowhard at all.

I mean, this is not the answer but does anyone really care about Nancy Pelosi? (besides her Botox Dr.)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

and I have never heard of Patty Murray.

People are going too far with these threats of violence and MSM (FOX News Specifically) has indeed pushed for this sort of behavior.

If you are angry with the government (And to be honest, who really isn't at this point.) you don't threaten lawmakers, you replace them in the elections in November.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Pelosi and her ilk (ie anyone elected to washington) are not stupid. They KNOW America is filled with crazy out of work lunatics with guns. She and her ilk KNOW this because they make the laws that turn people into lunatics who will call and threaten them. They KNOW this because they PANDER to the same loons during election time.

This is nothing new, people threatening washington blowhards has been going on for years, not just since Obama.

This comes with the territory.

Crazy Americans have been killing their elected from Presidents on down the line for years and upon years.

We are a violent nation, born on violence.

Maybe the real crazies are us pipsqueaks wanting peace. It almost seems against American nature.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

OK, I know this is getting off topic but, this part REALLY bothers me;

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case publicly. A call to the FBI office in San Francisco was not immediately returned, nor was a call to a spokesman for Pelosi.

If they're not authorized to discuss the case publicly, why are they releasing this news to the media?

Does anyone even bother to investigate these serious and almost persistent leaks from government and law enforcement sources?

I'm not suggesting they be charged criminally but, they should at least be disciplined in house if found out.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You bring "blaming the victim" to a new high (or low, whatever way you want to look at it). If you are murdered it's your fault because you made the murderer mad.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Its good to see that everyone isnt going crazy as the media would have you believe. (All media Channels not just one). The fact is when watching the news these days you mosty hear about threats and crowds protesting with violence involved. I am glad to see that some people are not so easily influenced to partake in the violent back-and-forth arguments between extremists. Seriously if people would just have more televised debates and things were confronted head on, there wouldnt be as many lies, and misunderstandings of whats going on.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow that guy seriously has some stones threatening Pelosi. I'd be terrified of running into that thing in a dark alley.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Mr. Giusti suffers from mental illness, just as someone can suffer from a chronic physical illness. His past brushes with the law seem to stem from his out of control behavior. The below link attests to his criminal background. Local news can put flesh on a national bare bones story.

Here is someone who depends on a public defender, public transportation, and charity housing. Does he work, or are his medical bills paid for with public funds?

Giusti has lived for the past nine years in the single-room occupancy public housing complex on Jones Street run by the nonprofit Mercy Housing.

LINK

And, yet, Mr. Giusti rages about HCR. He reminds me of another local person who the local press loved to have argue about the evils of government. This poor man was on public disability, using drugs from public healthcare for his depression and paranoid thinking. He was a solid John Bircher, the type of Republican/conservative the late William F. Buckley tried to steer his beloved party around.

Unfortunately, this loud, rude, hateful, angry crescendo has been playing out for 30 years, hitting its current extremist peak, fueled by extremist talk, which can often also be loud and hateful, and every bit appearing unstable as people like Mr. Giusti.

Little wonder the Mr. Giusti's find comfort and support by identifying with what seems to them are kindred spirits.

People like Dick Armey (who whips his Tea Party to a frenzy) use the extreme delusional, paranoid thinking of both (TP LaRouchies eg) extremes as street theatre.

A few loud, angry, hateful, rude people are made to appear as a "movement". Shame on those (like Dick Armey, Limbaugh, Beck, etal) who would use people like Mr. Giusti to do their dirty work by encouraging the worst behavior in society!!

new topics

top topics

join