It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Republican Outs Fox!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Last week I posted the news that David Frum said, "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This week it is staunch conservative Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.). At a town hall meeting, Coburn suggested that a woman who said "they can put us in prison" for not obtaining health insurance under the health care reform bill is misinformed.

He went on to state: "The intention is not to put anybody in jail," he said. "That makes for good TV news on Fox but that isn't the intention." Translation: Fox News lies to you for ratings.

"I'm 180 degrees in opposition to the speaker -- she's a nice lady," he said. The crowd could be heard responding unfavorably to his characterization.

"Come on now, she is a nice -- how many of you all have met her?" continued Coburn. "She's a nice person. She's a nice person."

"Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they're not a good person," he added. He then discussed his own experience of being vilified before asking the crowd not to "catch yourself being biased by Fox News that somebody's no good." Translation: If Fox news is against you, they will burn you down.

The senator urged his audience to "stay informed on the issues" and not "just watch Fox News or CNN -- watch 'em both." He said he reads the New York Times, Washington Post and Wall Street Journal every day to "get a perspective" and "know what other people's thoughts are -- not just what I hear through a pipe channel." Translation: Quit getting all your news from Fox News, they lie!

"I do a lot of reading every day, and I'm disturbed that we get things like what this lady said and what others have said on other issues, that are so disconnected to what I know to be the facts," he said. "And that comes from somebody that has an agenda that's other than the best interests of our country." Translation: Fox News is undermining our democratic process and killing America!

www.cbsnews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

He went on to state: "The intention is not to put anybody in jail," he said. "That makes for good TV news on Fox but that isn't the intention." Translation: Fox News lies to you for ratings.

Wrong translation completely!

Of course it is not their intention to put you in jail....they would rather you pay fine after fine after fine. Now, try NOT getting health insurance AND not paying the fine.

Then see how fast your tush finds cold concrete.

Saying it is not their intention and saying it is not going to happen are two totally different things entirely.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Don't ever try getting a job as a translator, you're pretty lousy at it!

There is already an "I hate Fox News" thread going on - you should just go post there.

To be fair EVERY one of the 24 hour news channels are propagandist shills!
Also, the major network news - also propagandist shills. What you post simply demonstrates is that you have preference for the flavor of propaganda you choose to ingest. Me... well, I'd prefer the straight dope TRUTH.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You sir, are the wrong one! On the enforcement of the mandate, the bill states:

(A) WAIVER OF CRIMINAL PENALTIES- In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty posed by this section, such taxpayer shall NOT be subject to ANY prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure.

So the penalty for not getting insurance is a fine, and the penalty for not paying the fine is NOTHING!!!!!!!

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Even if your last sentence were true, I'd like to hear what you could do about it. Congress can't shut down Fox News without violating the First Amendment.

And your translation of the event in question is way off base. Try again.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was going to post this! Nice post! Flag and star for you!

Fox news makes me sick. It's become the voice of the Conservative movement. (not the fiscal conservatives, but the new crazy overly-religious conservatives)

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

My translations were written to be somewhat entertaining. Full disclosure: I will not be seeking employment as a translator, and yes, I do choose the "other" flavor of news. I feel like they do skew things from the left, but how many times have they been caught manipulating, creative editing, or lying about something?

Truth is, I don't mind if the right has it's own network of fake news, I would like them to at least stick to the facts and truth. Unfortunately they can't because it would expose their hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

12gauge... you seem intelligent and forthright. How can you NOT see that this occurs on BOTH sides??? MSNBC is furthest to the left, CNN skews left but has moments of objectivity. Fox skews to the right with moments of objectivity. Almost every local network is liberal - I know this as I have travelled for nearly 20 years for work and have been to over 80 cities, many of them dozens of times, and have watched their news. What people need to be careful of is NOT confusing commentary with news. Beck is commentary, NOT news. MAddow is commentary, NOT news. I think THAT is where people get thrown off!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Getting back on subject...Tom Coburn is saying something that all Fox viewers need to hear. Take off your hat with the tea bags hanging from it, remove your ideological glasses, put down the kool aid and listen to him. He is saying Fox lies to it's viewers and manipulates their views for a political agenda.

Yes MSNBC does stories on left leaning subjects, but they dont lie to me to get me to think and act a certain way.

Tom is saying....WAKE UP!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Kozmo, I know MSNBC has a liberal news shows. I like them a lot! As I said before, I believe righties deserve a news network too. It saddens me to see what they ended up with.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by lpowell0627

You sir, are the wrong one!

I stand by what I said as your translation is NOT what the quote you posted says. Saying it is not the intention....and saying it's not going to happen, are NOT the same thing.

For example, it is not the intention of drone strikes to kill civilians, but nonetheless it happens.

See the difference between their intentions and what they actually do?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

Kozmo, I know MSNBC has a liberal news shows. I like them a lot! As I said before, I believe righties deserve a news network too. It saddens me to see what they ended up with.

"Righties" deserve news too? Did I warp to another time dimension or something?

What the heck ever happened to just reporting the news???

Perhaps if news stations simply reported the news, and people would stop labeling everyone as a rightie or a leftie or a neo-whatever --- we could actually move forward in this country.

If you don't like Fox news, don't watch it. What is so difficult about that premise? This is how we end up with censorship. People are incapable of just changing the channel!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
12G, why attack Fox?
If you want to attack "LIARS" why not go after Obama?
Fox is not cause of this country's current problems.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Translation: you have something against fox. I have seen all the news channels and none are any different. If you take what they are saying to heart you will surely have a heart attack. Not that you shouldn't have something against fox, but carry that to all others and you will do alright. Thanks to the op for this.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The IRS is hiring 16,000 new agents to enforce the healthcare taxes.

My azz they aren't going to put you in prison for not buying healthcare.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

Miss the point much?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

MSNBC is furthest to the left, CNN skews left but has moments of objectivity. Fox skews to the right with moments of objectivity.

I'm sorry...I thought you just said Fox only "skews" to the right

Kozmo...you truly are a funny guy. I have no problem admitting that MSNBC is a left wing propaganda channel...I have no problem saying CNN is more to the center but still is a bit left leaning (as is the country)...but come on....Fox is the right wing channel...they are almost off the scale on the right.

Why is this so hard for you to admit??? And if you can't see this...then it just means that you are so far right wing that you don't even know it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And btw...good post...S&F.

Coburn just went up a notch or two in my book. Good for him.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The IRS is hiring 16,000 new agents to enforce the healthcare taxes.

My azz they aren't going to put you in prison for not buying healthcare.

And they will do this with a little help too.

Hidden in ObamaCare: 6,000-Man Domestic Army

This must be the Civilian National Security Force he mentioned once upon a time.

Maybe the FEMA camps will be for those that refuse to pay for ObamaCare?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
12G, why attack Fox?
If you want to attack "LIARS" why not go after Obama?
Fox is not cause of this country's current problems.

They are definitely part of the problem. The increasing inability to have bipartisanship in our capital can be traced to the talking heads. Whom are more than happy to destroy the reputation of politicians who don't take extreme positions that attract the viewers to the networks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join