It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I receive automatic notice when someone replies to my post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
With some other sites, if you've subscribed to a thread and someone posts a reply to that thread, you get some sort of notification. With the number of threads I've subscribed to on ATS, there's not enough time in the week to revisit each thread to see if I need to reply to a question or comment. And on a fast moving thread, I might have to read through multiple pages for each day. Who has that sort of time.

Am I missing out or is that feature just not available here?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

You need to use your My ATS

That will keep you abreast of the threads you've participated in.

It's on the toolbar on every page.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Thanks, Mirthful Me. I do use MyATS but this only indicates the last user posting with no indication of date. Once again, it needs a lot of brain work from me to note if this is an update to the last time I checked.

I'm not complaining - just wanting to make sure that I'm getting the full benefit of the site. If you're saying that this is the full functionality on offer, I can accept that.

(Edited to correct mispelled name)

[edit on 7-4-2010 by JohnJasper]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

There is no notification beyond the functionality available via MyATS.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
While the ATS database seems to store some information pertaining to replies (see the profile page's display of the number of replies), there is no way to reach other information about replies. Except for, of course, our big friend google!

Here are two google searches; one will display the latest pages on ATS and BTS containing the word "JohnJasper", and the other displaying only pages containg replies to your posts. Keep in mind though that the second only works when members replying to you clicked the "reply to" button in addition to/instead of the "quote" button.

latest for "JohnJasper"
latest for "reply to post by JohnJasper"

It may not be the kind of overview you were looking for, but I'm afraid it's the best option we have at the moment. At least it updates automatically ;D!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

Excellent suggestion! Thanks to scraze and Mirthful Me for your assistance.

top topics

join