It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Country (South Africa) is headed for Civil War...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If Zuma were smart, which he is not to be sure, he would do just two things;

1. Hand over Malema to be charged with racial hate crimes.
2. Dismantle the Affirmative Action and BEE laws.

The reasons for item 1 are, they happened, publicly and consistently. Either one law fits all or one law fits none.

Affirmative Action and BEE are racial constructs meant to equalize prosperity without equalizing work, intelligence or the transfer of knowledge. They prevent honor students from attending university because of quotas and the color of their skin. They prevent jobs from being acquired by skilled and knowledgeable workers because of the color of their skin. They prevent the development of a fair and reasonable governing body because of the color of their skin.

If the ANC's policies weren't so sick and twisted it would be laughable, but because of those policies, they have pretty much destroyed the country. All that is left is to wait until SA turns into Zimbabwe II, the sequel.

South Africa could be a shining example of a so-called democracy, but in the real world at present, this cannot be so. Until the ANC government operates on a platform of ability and intelligence over arbitrary "empowerment" and "entitlement," South Africa will remain crap.

And the Oppenheimers and Rothschilds will continue to laugh...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Gerhard we know how bad it is and looks. No one is so naive as to think there isn't a situation there. Quite frankly I do actually believe the ANC would run the country into the ground if left unchecked (and at two thirds majority it is close) but it's not just them. Consider the investors, remember Anglo gold and AngloAshanti the mining houses have caused as many wars around the globe as peak oil. Now don't get me wrong these may be very bad dudes but they are not going to let a germ like Julius get his hands on them.

Also consider the hundreds of thousands of economic/famine/war refugees in the country and the xenophobic attacks that happened 2 years ago. Do you think if the fat kid had his way they would be spared his bigotry. Consider the implications of letting a civil war flare up in the middle of a world cup. I mean sheesh, if there is 1 single thing that could dislodge the ANC from power it would be letting that happen while the world is watching.

Trust me I've been following this in the local SA media and the British media (and the British media has decided to focus on ET's right wing philosophies rather than the context in which it happened and the fact he was a national joke)

We know how rough it can be. And the ANC's stance on this matter and it's lack of Empathy for the volk is in my own opinion outrageous. But don't panic, we are smarter and better than that. Get on with your day, greet the man in the street, the garage attendant and the security guards. Be as you were, prove to the world that we are a peaceful culture that will not let the bile and bitterness of the few drive us to turn on our brothers, boeties and mfwetu's.

You are genuinely concerned and despite this you haven't ranted off on how you think the country is stuffed, you like I are genuinely confused, we thought we'd overcome this and now this guy. Remember Peter Mokaba, he was spouting the same BS, Mandela silenced him. Someone will Silence Malema.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I notice the many threads on ATS about this. Ventersdorp is an hour away ... it's close to home.

bobs_uruncle thanks for putting it in perspective. You've tied a few threads nicely for me. Does make perfect sense.

Halfoldman, yes people in the streets are calm, i'll confirm that. I'm not even hearing people talking about it much. What concerns me is what we're not seeing. (of which there is quite a lot)

I don't understand why the ANC is risking the world cup, incompetance i think, but they have been pushing all the boundaries very hard for some time now.

The international implications of whats happening here are not well understood, especially by me, but Zuma is only allowed because he shuts up and does as he is told. As does Malema.

Gerhard relax ... the government is only barely in control. Things are very pear-shaped in the ANC lately, they have MANY other problems ... mostly internal, come to think of it. They need stability, at least until after the world cup.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

On Affrirmative Action or Employment Equity - what a ridiculous policy!
For my writing I looked up the terms in some style guides.
Affrirmative Action is meant to uplift blacks: that is Africans, coloureds, Indians, the local Chinese and all women.

Now in most history AA was used to bring minorities into the mainstream.
Here it only does NOT include white men! So in SA it is a form of discrimination targeting a minority gender and race. AA cannot workably survive if 95% of the population are beneficiaries.
It was never designed to do that, and is therefore plain ridiculous in SA today.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The title of the tread proves that parallel universes exist. The South Africa I live is not heading for a civil war. Do you really think that we black South Africans want to kill whites? Get a life man! (and stop listening to radio 702, try some Led Zep)

The vast majority of South Africans (black and white) are going about their lives normally. They interact with each other daily with no real problems.

The reality you live in, is not reflective of the rest of the country.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

On Affrirmative Action or Employment Equity - what a ridiculous policy!
For my writing I looked up the terms in some style guides.
Affrirmative Action is meant to uplift blacks: that is Africans, coloureds, Indians, the local Chinese and all women.

Now in most history AA was used to bring minorities into the mainstream.
Here it only does NOT include white men! So in SA it is a form of discrimination targeting a minority gender and race. AA cannot workably survive if 95% of the population are beneficiaries.
It was never designed to do that, and is therefore plain ridiculous in SA today.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by halfoldman]

I once met a Half chinese half Japanese Graphic designer who had just secured a very very lucrative contract with SARS. He claimed he got the job on a BEE technicality, apartheid classification of Japanese as a minority and therefor fell into the same category as black.

It was so Ironic it was funny. The guy was sharp and he plainly admitted to exploiting the opportunity (I would have).

[edit on 7-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazgul1
The title of the tread proves that parallel universes exist. The South Africa I live is not heading for a civil war. Do you really think that we black South Africans want to kill whites? Get a life man! (and stop listening to radio 702, try some Led Zep)

The vast majority of South Africans (black and white) are going about their lives normally. They interact with each other daily with no real problems.

Perception is subjective and is based on perspective. The upper 15% that are gainfully employed have a different perspective than the next "barely making it" class that consumes maybe 60% of the population. But the lower 25%, roughly a million whites and four to six million blacks have another perspective. That lower 25% living with constant crime, anxiety and frustration is a "powder-keg."

It only takes 15% of the population to radically cause change. In the case of South Africa, that 15% could start a race war, civil war or all out genocide.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 4/7.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nazgul1

Good point, and even while listening to Radio 702 there is a dual aspect to this Terrblanche killing. So many people (the majority) have come out to condem the murder, and even to support farm-worker's rights, although most feel there is a conspiracy brewing. But most people are not falling for it, and it's galvinising people as much as dividing them.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

join the club, it seems to be
happening all over the world.

I'm afraid WW3 will not be fought
nation vs nation

but people against their corrupt governments

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

join the club, it seems to be
happening all over the world.

I'm afraid WW3 will not be fought
nation vs nation

but people against their corrupt governments

I'll give you a star for that comment, mainly because it's insightful and probably true. I do think the government puppets are going to try and distract us with something.

Just don't start the revolution without me ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nazgul1

\
Maybe the heading is a bit mis leading, but did you read the articles i posted on Malema and his plans! you know as well as i do that he has a far reaching arm in the youth of SA. As I said before in the tread, i dont like the way he provokes people and talk about killing whites, hostile farm take-overs etc. i really dont feel this is right. its inhumane. I dont listen to 702. i listen to 94.7. Dont tell me to get a life, you dont know me, so how can you say something like that!!!
Look at Malema's Facebook fan page, look at the death threats and hate speech targeted at whites! killing 4 million whites and we will call it even?
you want extracts?...SURE

No hate speech and killing threats? hmm...really?
U seem like a decent guy, but also a bit naive about what goes on in the background in the ANC, and youth league, as has clearly been illustrated in the multiple threads on ATS on this topic

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

my point exactly, be them black or white.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Like I have said on everyone of these threads Blacks cannot lead a country? Why? I dont know but it is the truth look around and see with your own eyes. It is like they are followers and not leaders and when they do lead it always ends up in a terrible mess.

Just look at Katrina and Haiti and Africa how many times do we need to see it before it becomes a fact? I dont know if it is race or culture or what but something is definitely up.

South Africa will continue to fall apart unless the Whites stand up and take control back it is that simple. And if they dont they had better leave because they will not be safe in another 5 years this will only get worse.

I think it is ironic that the Blacks of South Africa claimed such hardship under apartheid and look how much better it is for them now. I am not a racist I am a realist. The facts are the facts and just because something is not politically correct does not mean it is not true.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Give me 6 months and i could have a war going between blacks groups
Then the white groups only need to find a place to fort up.

A lack of guns would be no problem.
There are Internet site that have plans to build guns and the government there has armouries that could lose weapons to a small well trained group.

Start Internet sites and spread rumors and fake stories that pit one group against another.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

I don't think a race war is a good idea for us...
Here is why-
Population: 47 900 000 (Black 79.6%, White 9.1%, Coloured 8.9%, Asian 2.5%).

And that's data from 2007.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

OK, and then what? What will we do with guns and disorder?
OK maybe in self-defense I'd say shoot, but sometimes I feel we are becoming the conspiracy we fear from others.
The apologetic attitude from ordinary black people to the murder of Terrblanche in the past two nights of listening to radio has been humbling. Ironically it's bringing a lot of people together after the Malema tirades brought everyone to a boiling point.
So far we can just thank our lucky stars that a major black politician hasn't been murdered by a white right-winger. That could be the end.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by GerhardSA

I don't think a race war is a good idea for us...
Here is why-
Population: 47 900 000 (Black 79.6%, White 9.1%, Coloured 8.9%, Asian 2.5%).

And that's data from 2007.

You dont get it the Blacks will eat each other given the right circumstances. So in reality the blacks and whites are just about even the way I see it. This is harsh truth I know so please understand I dont know why they are like this but they do not have the same leadership qualities or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

There are Internet site that have plans to build guns and the government there has armouries that could lose weapons to a small well trained group.

Start Internet sites and spread rumors and fake stories that pit one group against another.

I hate to tell you, but that's what CI was doing between the Zulu and the Xhosa (and the Sotho). It's an old trick, pit your enemies against each other and then send in a clean-up crew. While you're at it sell weapons to both sides professing you support only one at a time and lend them the money to buy the weapons. That way, it doesn't matter who wins the battles, you win the war.

This is Rothschild 101 re. Waterloo and Napoleon, or Churchill and Hitler if you prefer (with a little Prescott Bush mixed in for ol' G Dubyah).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Erm, but before they get round to eating each other: we taste a lot better. Apparently we taste like chicken.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

You sound like an ANC strategist ???

I honestly don't believe that this will be a race war against the whites. This will be a class war, with the richest using the poorest to destroy everyone else, leaving only the super rich, and the dirt poor. That is the goal.

It will backfire. South Africa is too diverse for a "typical african" genocide. Too many people actually getting along. And too many people who are really sick and tired of the ANC. What a strange problem.

The Municipal workers union (SAMWU) has confirmed they will be striking against (effectively) the government. The tri-partate alliance is breaking down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join