It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*WV mine disaster* Anybody see the obvious hit piece on Massey Energy CEO this morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It was on NBC's Today Show, and it was about as indicative of this being a staged accident as you can get. Seems Massey Energy's CEO Don Blankenship has been very vocal about global warming being a scam. They ran a video clip of Blankenship saying (and I'm paraphrasing) that him not putting safety first in his mines is as ridiculous as "global warming".

All the indicators were there for this being a hit piece ready to run, but they needed the disaster to happen first. Miraculously all the stars aligned as they always do and the disaster took place.

Did anyone else see it? Thoughts?

Edit to add: And yes, I understand the company owns coal mines and it's no surprise about what the CEO thinks about global warming, but there's obviously something deeper and NOT coincidental going on here.

Peace

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think it's done to get that wikileaks video out the press myself. I am not belittling their deaths at all...but since you mention i specifically watched CNN yesterday to see if that wikileaks vid would get any kind of air play and it did...

It got about 10 minutes...split up between commercial breaks too. CNN however spent all day on that mining disaster. What i don't understand is why is everyone surprised? Once again not to count down or spit on someone..but mining into mountains is dangerous...extremely dangerous especially at this day and age.

There are some things that are expected with the job..cops will get shot at, firefighters must rush into burning buildings and paramedics might catch a blood borne pathogen... Coal mining is dangerous! From cave ins, to flooding, to pockets of methane, to lung cancer... it's dangerous...

To let people how ridiculous folks are in over reacting...in north carolina hog farms are more heavily regulated than public waste disposal. That's right, a hog farm has more rules and regulations to follow than the actual sewer treatment plant dumping "treated" water back into the river. Seems some people over reacted to ONE hog farm spill.

Let's wait and see what the so called conditions for this accident really are. Human error? Possibly... but tighter regulations and more restrictions don't always equal safe... My sewage treatment plant can dump more nitrates into the river than a hog farm...go wonder?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

The real question I have is how hard would it be for someone to get a bomb down in the mine to cause the explosion? Then, how hard would it be to blame it on methane?

Considering the button-pushing hit piece I saw this morning, not that hard in my opinion.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That my friend is a matter of somatics. I don't know if they have security at mine entrances. It could be as easy as carrying a home made IED down there..You would have to know something about mine construction to do any kind of significant damage, as is evident by the destruction left behind.

Kind of like Building 7 falling down in a controlled explosion...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
BTW, here's the link to the piece this morning:

today.msnbc.msn.com...

The global warming statement starts at around 1:55.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There was also an earthquake nearby.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

The day before April 4, 2010

The location of the earthquake was 50 miles from Raleigh County. Maybe they used HAARP to cause the mine to collapse.

I have more information here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the federal officials said the violations were not in the same location as the explosion.

www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Don Blankenship is a dirty filthbag.

Poisoning rivers, drinking water, children with mountaintop removal.

He is an abomination to humanity & nature.

All for cheap trivial money.

Instant death or torture of him are both fine with me.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Don Blankenship is a dirty filthbag.

Poisoning rivers, drinking water, children with mountaintop removal.

He is an abomination to humanity & nature.

All for cheap trivial money.

Instant death or torture of him are both fine with me.

Hi,

can you please explain to me what 'children with mountaintop removal' is?

[edit on 9/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Filosophia looked into several oddities in this accident over in the "Mining Conspiracy in WV" thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A miner left a 'suicide' note before he went to work because he had a bad feeling.

"Dear Mommy and Jenna," Pam Napper recalled. "If anything happens to me, I will be looking down from heaven. If you take care of my baby girl, watch over (her), tell her all the good things about her daddy. She was so cute and funny. She was my little peanut. And Jennifer, I know things have never been the greatest sometimes, but I just want you to know I love you and I care about you."

news.yahoo.com...-container

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

So sad. And to think this situation is being trolled on that other thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Wake Up! The MSM only covers these human "special interest" stories and bilks them to the very stinking end of the incident because it sets up the trial lawyers in the area (WHEREVER that is) to clean up in the courts!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The conditions were so rough after the blast that rescuers only late Friday realized that they had walked past the bodies of the four missing miners on the first day without seeing, a federal mine safety official said.
"There was so much smoke and the conditions were so dire with dust in the air that they apparently bypassed the bodies that were on the ground," said Kevin Stricklin, coal administrator for the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration.
news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join