It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato Turkish PM: Israel main threat to Mideast peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well this must be a first, and a real turn around of any NATO nation to say such a thing.

The Turkish PM even goes on to accuse Israel of "War Crimes" in recent Palestinian offensives:

In Paris, Erdogan once again addresses Israel's Gaza offensive, says, 'If a country uses disproportionate force in Palestine, using phosphorous bombs, we do not congratulate them on their actions'; Ankara says Lieberman 'continues to disregard the rules of diplomacy'

"An attack killed 1,500 people and the reasons given for it were lies. Goldstone is Jewish and his report is clear,'' he said, referring to the UN-commissioned report by South African judge Richard Goldstone, who accused Israel, as well as some Palestinian groups, of committing war crimes during the conflict in Gaza.
Y Net News

Israel in typical style retaliated by linking the Turkish Leader to Gadafi and Hugo Chavez!

Turkey's Foreign Ministry says the remarks by Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman were inappropriate and called on Israel to end its "unacceptable approach."

Lieberman recently said Mr. Erdogan was "slowly turning into" Mr. Ghadafi or Mr. Chave
VOA News

Is the Turkish PM being used as a voicepiece for the general consensus by most NATO countries, and an continuation of Obama's recent moves to distance the US from Israel, as seen in the recent visit by their PM to Washington and the reported tense meeting between the both, after Israels house building plans in the occupied west bank:

The White House failed last week to end a row with Israel during Netanyahu's visit to Washington, and the prime minister returned home to a torrent of media derision after he was deprived of the normal trappings granted to a visiting leader at the White House.
AFP

This follows of course the condemnation by the British Government after British National Passports were used to allow an assassination team to use that cover to kill a member of Hamas.

Britain is expelling an Israeli diplomat in the wake of the killing of a senior Palestinian official.

It follows the use of a dozen "cloned British passports" by assassins who murdered Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai two months ago.
BBC

Israel is increasingly finding itself isolated within the world community. It will be interesting to see how they manage such a situation esp vis-avis Iran and their insistence and remarks they will attack them within 1 year if the world does not stop them enriching plutonium.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 7-4-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It does indeed seem that the pressure is on Israel. Iran's leadership must be cackling with amusement to see all this ire towards their foes. Of course, it is probably just a massive distraction, what they call in boxing a rope-a-dope.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Hmmm Havent I heard this somewhere before???? Oh yeah the BIBLE.

"Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things?
Shall the Earth be made to give birth in one day?
or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, she gave birth to her children." (Note: This prophecy was fulfilled in one day - on May 14, 1948 (Isaiah 66:8) (There is remarkable mathematical prophecy concerning this event below)

Or wait know this ones better.

He will set up a banner for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the Earth." (Not just Babylon ...)
(Isaiah 11:12)

No wait this one is the topic aat hand.

Because, even because they have seduced My people (Israel), saying, "Peace", and there WAS NO PEACE ..."(Ezekiel 13:10)

"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, (sometime after 1948)I will also gather ALL nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; (outside Jerusalem) And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also DIVIDED up My Land." (Israel)
(Joel 3:1-2)

Weird isnt it.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Very True, Israel has been its own worst in gaining popular support from the world by its actions.

However as Turkey is NATO country and Britain expelling and diplomat, Obama ignoring the Israeli leader I think this is a political move by NATO countries letting Israel know its modus operandi is over, and if not it faces the entire middle east on its own.

Thsi however could be dangerous, Israel would not stand a chance against Iran, Syria, Egypt and broad arab intervention, and I fear they would use their Nukes quite early and liberally.

Lets not forget "Pre Emption" was not created by the USA but by Israel agaisnt the Iraqi Nuclear facilities many years ago. I fear what they would do if isolated and under real threat.

Elf

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Go Turkey.

It really surprises me as a Turk to see Turkey speaking the truth once again. I wonder if Iran is behind all this or is it just Turkey admitting the truth?

Turkey and Iran are neighbours nevertheless and it would be smarter to [indirectly] operate with them, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

It is true Turkey and Iran are Muslim countries.

I feel though as Turkey is an NATO member and wanting EU membership etc, it would not say this unless it had the authorisation of the "Big Four" being the US, Britain, France and who knows maybe Russia.

This is open Diplomatic pressure on Israel from those countries and imho an NATO accepted statement.

Things are changing quickly politically and strategically for Israel.

How they will react is as always with Israel unknonw and probably the opposite of what everyone thinks.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well as we have seen this played out from date of post as expected.

Just the main ATS events on the recent Aid Attack and some updates on the specific turkey Israel change in relations:

ATS:
Reports Israeli ships Attack Aid Flotilla

Irish ship on collision course with Israeli navy near Gaza

MSM:

Israel tension boosts Turkey's popularity with Arabs
From Cairo to Kuwait, Turkey's red flag has flown across the Arab world in a show of support for its response to the Israeli raid in which nine activists, at least three of them Turks, were killed as they tried to break the sea blockade of the Palestinian enclave.
Reuturs

Erdogan, Turkey's prime minister, has called for the Jewish state to be punished for what he called "state terrorism."

"The relationship between Turkey and Israel was the product of a very specific set of circumstances that do not exist anymore," Ian Lesser, from the Washington-based German Marshall Fund think tank.
Reuturs

Turkey Gaza activists hailed as ambassador recalled from Israel
Brisb ane Times

Gaza flotilla attack: British activists arrive in Turkey
The Gaurdian

A real change is taking place with the important ties between Turkey and the arab world vis-a-vis Israel

This leaves the USA in a difficult position, Turkey is the only country that is within the traditional Arabian block of countries that has strong ties with the US, Europe and the UK.

Indeed it has often been seen as a bridge of trying to create more stabilty between the Islamic world and the West.

The USA now has written obligations to defend both vountries, what if they come to war? The same for Europe Britain and the EU.

Turkey and its responses to this and other such upcoming events & situations are much more important than any other players such as Syria in this regard.

Infact Turkey and any real direct conflict with Israel is the point where the whole Mid East and Afghanistan conflicts of recent years would become globalised, as not even mentioning Russia to this point, and their quite response to this so far, will hopefully not play out and spread from the current geographic containments.

It seems obvious from Israel's actions over decades they dont have much concern for world courting or opinion etc, but they may have taken the first steps recently in biting off more than they can chew, hopefully not and calm prevails soon.

Kind Regards,

Elf

top topics

join