It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. approves killing of American cleric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen, the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who is believed to have shifted from encouraging attacks on the United States to directly participating in them, intelligence and counterterrorism officials said Tuesday.

Mr. Awlaki, who was born in New Mexico and spent years in the United States as an imam, is in hiding in Yemen. He has been the focus of intense scrutiny since he was linked to Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people at Fort Hood, Tex., in November, and then to Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian man charged with trying to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner on Dec. 25.

Read more at Source.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My apologies if this has already been reported / posted or is in the wrong forum.

I find this odd for Obama and his administration to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He sounds like a bad guy. My opinion he worked for one to the Intelligence agencies off the books. His time in New Mexico is all within reach of White Sands, Alamogordo (Holloman AFB), Los Alamos, and a host of other camps. Juarez is not really know for a secure border.

join