It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics Prove Parallel Universes Exist!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Hi

Regarding others... sure I have tried to talk to others about my interest and I understand that sometimes earning a living, buying food, rushing around takes precedence. Not to mention watching TV.....

But I was surpised a month or so ago when in a London pub I met up with my colleagues (we're usually out at client's sites so don't meet very often) and I mentioned quantum theory - suddenly two or three of them were animatedly talking and arguing about symmetry, super-symmetry, string theory being wrong as it wasn't against an independent background...etc.!

I then ordered another few beers. :-)

Peace!

There's hope

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

not exactly 'knowledge', but 'information' would be a better word for it.

In your theory, for the particles to have a certain 'history', they must exist within a space/time continium... which is another debate that comes close to this one...
On the other hand, if particles had some kind of 'programe', or where told how to behave (by us, by observation and by what we expect of them) they have no need for space/time. (I need to add: they just need us to create their solid state... our reality
)

I don't know that book you mention, but I'm going to check if exists in my language

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

christianpatrick,

I think the difference is whether the path of the electrons is observed by some sensor before it hits the double slits on one end.

(thus a human (consious) observer at the time of the electron traveling is not directly necessary)

If they do not put a sensor to observe the unseen path of the electron - they come back to find wave like interference patterns on the end screen - if they put a sensor in there - then direct hits of electrons will occur randomly through one of the slots as seen on the end screen.

Still - why this occurs - and how a "sensor" effects this outcome is either not really known - or has not been explained to me to my satisfaction.

It is so outside of our macroscopic day to day reality - though - even a thorough logical explantion of all facets of this effect will likely seem unintuitive at best and simply ludicrous at worst.

I don't currently subscribe to the infinte parrallel universe interpretation yet - but I am open minded about it.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Hi!

Your correction of my usage of 'knowledge' to information' suggests that you would be more than able to read it in English! :-)

One of the beauties of Barbour's theory is that it is;

1) Self regulating (a very simple equation)
2) Space and time independent
3) Has no 'alpha'

He also displays a deeper meaning of general relativity and also publicises Schodinger's (background independent) wave equation (there were two). Quite impressive although he stayed out of acedemia - he translated Russian books into English.

Sorry to go on....

Peace!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

This is interesting stuff, however the attention grabbing headline isn't supported by the content of the story.

Exactly.

The human eye is far from perfect, and subject to very easy manipulation and misidentification. How do they exclude the possibility that the eye simply saw it both ways because it couldn't handle the intense movement (i.e. like looking at a plane propeller, and seeing the blades but also seeing the rotation)...??? Not sure I follow how they leapt to this supporting multiple universes...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Careful what you say about Faux News! I made a thread about Faux not long ago and got FLAMED.

.. It was fun watching people try and defend it, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is spectatcular. An example of the failings of ATS members at its best.

A completely layman article on Faux news and suddenly parallel universes are real. . . . The article does not even mention how this proves this exsistance of anything.

It's actually about quantum computing and seeing quantum effects in the classical world.

Here is the actual abstract from the article. You'll have to pony up or find a free version (I can't post it).

Quantum mechanics provides a highly accurate description of a wide variety of physical systems. However, a demonstration that quantum mechanics applies equally to macroscopic mechanical systems has been a long-standing challenge, hindered by the difficulty of cooling a mechanical mode to its quantum ground state. The temperatures required are typically far below those attainable with standard cryogenic methods, so significant effort has been devoted to developing alternative cooling techniques. Once in the ground state, quantum-limited measurements must then be demonstrated. Here, using conventional cryogenic refrigeration, we show that we can cool a mechanical mode to its quantum ground state by using a microwave-frequency mechanical oscillator—a ‘quantum drum’—coupled to a quantum bit, which is used to measure the quantum state of the resonator. We further show that we can controllably create single quantum excitations (phonons) in the resonator, thus taking the first steps to complete quantum control of a mechanical system.

www.nature.com...

The double slit experiment only proves that our measureing skills are inadequate for the job. There is no proof of all this quantum "magic" everyone likes to talk about.

The article is very important but not for the reasons given in the OP or the ofx news article.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As I've said before, maybe there are a whole slew of parallel universes out there, with nearly infinite multiples of myself and everything else.

But it's curious how I'm only aware of just the one I'm seeing right now, and it seems pretty stable. Where are all my other consciousnesses?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What about our consciousness? Does that even play a role? Does my consciousness exist in two different planes, or am I only conscious in the plane I am observing?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Its tied into time, and time is a mystery. In the infinite universe (no I don't believe in big bang, rather thats zero point energy, information streaming in from the Beyond, the vacuum), there is "no time". But we have a perception of time. And beyond perception it reliant on orbit, motion. Mars and earth don't experience the same 3D timeline, so how do we know what is there on theirs. What we see is 3D, in all directions from our perspective only. And in history. When we leave this solar system, we leave 3D. We don't need to be a small out of step from one timeline to another, the example of sitting on the couch or doing something else. These are our future selves after all. They don't have to be doing anything we're doing, but could be in the confederation for all we know.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Turns out Faux News couldn't have done a worse job describing the "break through" which for certain technical definitions of macroscopic is still somewhat controvertial...

Here is a good critique of the article I found:

scienceblogs.com...

This new scientific experiment may lead to some real and potentially interesting pratical applications - like sensitive mechanical quanta detection - and maybe even quantum computing - but it in no way provides supporting evidence for the Multi Worlds Interpretation of quantum effects.

The scientists behind this "discovery" also - in no way - believe their experiment supports any specific theory of quantum effects - as they only can detect the quantum state of the "macroscopic" device indirectly through a neighboring strategically placed quantum bit with which it directly acts.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
The OP is incorrect. This is not a proven "fact", it is just one interpretation of laboratory tests on quantum mechanics, conducted before WWII. There are many other interpretations based on theories that don't require additional spacial dimensions, or infinite parallel universes.

But it is pretty wild stuff. Those double-slit experiments are out of this world! (excuse the pun)

Thank you for bringing people down to Earth so to speak. I highly doubt we are experiencing infinite universes. I do suspect we are part of infinite cycles as a web of magnetic currents spread out to create vortices. Consider this the fabric.

The double slit experiment is nothing unusual when you consider the fact this "observer" is producing its own magnetic current in opposition to nature. The quantum world like all other scales is simply velocity and an assumed position while everything is spun together like a tornado. In effect this will then circulate as compressed spheres until all energy lets loose. And so it begins again... A constant set of present time.

Try referencing my blogs in your spare time (view all):

The Americanist

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Americanist]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Americanist]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The idea of multiple universes/dimensions doesn't come from the double-slit experiment. It comes from the fact that in order to unify Quantum Physics with General Relativity, in order to describe EVERYTHING(as in from the very big, which Quantum Physics can't describe, to the very small, which General Relativity can't describe) in the universe, they need extra dimensions. In addition, they found that the constants of physics have the values that they do only if extra dimensions are included.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by np6888]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Even though, It's Fox News source, S&F none the less for bringing this to all our attention. The whole subject is fascinating to me. And others I'm sure.

Very difficult to wrap your mind around, This subject is.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The parallel universe will never harm you or me or the power that be.
So, what is the deal? Nor will it do you any good either. Just show me how to create it in a large scale so that I can hide or shift to that reality, then maybe I'll be interested.

It is a typical nonsense like time travel, wormhole stuff. Why don't they pay attention to the free energy device instead while there are so many real demonstrations in the web?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sure, the EWG model has been around for thirty years, and it's barely even a THEORY seeing as how it's kinda hard to test, and FOX reports it as news?

Talk about high journalistic standards, these guys must be on crack!

Tonight on FOX News, the luminiferous aether, is it bad for your bowels?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, so, now that we've proven they exist. When do I get to visit the other side? I have so many questions for my other self!

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

its one theory, i've always felt the multi-verse theories are are a little more enigmatic than that though

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Why are there two of these threads, both on the front page on top of it?

The only difference in title is the other one has the word "Freaky" in it.

I think this one was here first.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join